THE OVERACHIEVER - NORMAL TACTIC - SOUTHAMPTON 1st | BETIS 2nd

Are the tactics in the OP still the ones being used or have I missed a tweaked version?

I'm in 2021/22 now, using this tactic since the start of the save with Inter.

It's still the best tactic I have EVER used - winning games by huge margains e.g. 7-0 vs PSG, 9-1 vs Juventus, 15-0 vs Spal..

I'm in 2021/22 now, using this tactic since the start of the save with Inter.

It's still the best tactic I have EVER used - winning games by huge margains e.g. 7-0 vs PSG, 9-1 vs Juventus, 15-0 vs Spal..
Do you use Home tactic on Home games and Away tactic on away games?

I did try the tactic with Hereenveen but lost alot of games. The teams I play against scored like 3-4 goal each match.

I really want this tactic to work for me. Do you think the players just isnt good enough in Hereenveen?

I've got to say I love this tactic so far, only used the away version for two games, because I had Man City away then west ham in the fa cup final. Beat city 4-0 and west ham 5-1. I'll use the home tactic when the new season starts. I've got chelsea in the champions league final so I'll stick to the away one for that. I'm spurs

I did try the tactic with Hereenveen but lost alot of games. The teams I play against scored like 3-4 goal each match.

I really want this tactic to work for me. Do you think the players just isnt good enough in Hereenveen?

Morale is a big factor, also team cohesion aand good/decent cbs

Used with Getafe with practically no signings. I lost my first two league games so began using only the away version. By half way i was 4th which would be good but during the second half of the season my team lost consistency and ended up finishing 8th. Which wasn't a bad season for a team predicted 18th and could have easily finished top 4 had my team got the results they did the first time around. I seem to be losing points because of conceding a lot of goals especially late on. Is there any way to stop this or any adjustments for when i am winning late on?

Mate, i must say your tactic was awesome for the 1st applied season. Stoke city finished 2nd in EPL
However once i moved to 2nd one w huge upgrades from my team ...everything has changed.

Other teams starts to play ball in center - direct passed to high pace striker ; the defender overall performance so down ; 2 wingers are not effective as before ... so any suggestion ?

Great going forward and definitely an over achiever but suspect defensively.

Used with Getafe with practically no signings. I lost my first two league games so began using only the away version. By half way i was 4th which would be good but during the second half of the season my team lost consistency and ended up finishing 8th. Which wasn't a bad season for a team predicted 18th and could have easily finished top 4 had my team got the results they did the first time around. I seem to be losing points because of conceding a lot of goals especially late on. Is there any way to stop this or any adjustments for when i am winning late on?

Change teams mentality if you're winning to defensive / contention and reduce the back line to deep, shout "close lines", it should do the job, but finishing 8th with a team like getafe is quite the accomplishment, I reckon you could've pushed for europa or even cl, but for that you need to have none of your key players unhappy, and team morale 70% above at all times

Great going forward and definitely an over achiever but suspect defensively.

This is a normal tactic, it concedes more than most specially because of the attacking mentality, but you'll outscore your opponent, and if your team is the better in the league you'll definitely concede 1 or less goals per game unless you're playing vs teams the same caliber as you

Mate, i must say your tactic was awesome for the 1st applied season. Stoke city finished 2nd in EPL
However once i moved to 2nd one w huge upgrades from my team ...everything has changed.

Other teams starts to play ball in center - direct passed to high pace striker ; the defender overall performance so down ; 2 wingers are not effective as before ... so any suggestion ?

This tactic doesn't simply stops working, get full tactic familiarity with your new players, team cohesion 70%+, check the main post for the required attributes, your new players may have consistency attribute issues but that never happened to me, if other teams started to play ball in center does that mean that your defenders are slow?

If you finished your first season in 2nd place with a team like stoke, and your 2nd season is a mess then the problem isn't on the tactic my friend

Change teams mentality if you're winning to defensive / contention and reduce the back line to deep, shout "close lines", it should do the job, but finishing 8th with a team like getafe is quite the accomplishment, I reckon you could've pushed for europa or even cl, but for that you need to have none of your key players unhappy, and team morale 70% above at all times
Alright nice one. Yeah and could of easily finished CL so was a decent finish. I'm going to start a new save anyway mate. Try the formation with a new team.

How has it been going so far?
Started one with Milan about half way in second place. Thinking of starting with someone else though. Will this work with top teams also? I tried your way to keep leads aswell but it hasn't been working. I was 2-0 up at home to juve and at ht switched to defensive and a deep back line but they came back and drew 2-2. Also drew a game 3-3 in which i was 3-0 up in. Is there anything else you think i can do to hold on to 2+ goal leads?
Is there any team you would suggest trying who may have the players? Preferably a 6th-15th predicted team?

Last edited:
Started one with Milan about half way in second place. Thinking of starting with someone else though. Will this work with top teams also? I tried your way to keep leads aswell but it hasn't been working. I was 2-0 up at home to juve and at ht switched to defensive and a deep back line but they came back and drew 2-2. Also drew a game 3-3 in which i was 3-0 up in. Is there anything else you think i can do to hold on to 2+ goal leads?
Is there any team you would suggest trying who may have the players? Preferably a 6th-15th predicted team?

Remove stay in line instruction, also you don't switch to defensive in the middle of the game that's just inviting teams to score, you switch mentality when you have a lead around the 60-70th minute because the players won't have the same stamina level, if defensive/contention doesn't work use simply normal instruction, it's weird that you can't hold leads it rarely happens to me, and I usually bang in a goal or two in the 80-90 minute mark

Remove stay in line instruction, also you don't switch to defensive in the middle of the game that's just inviting teams to score, you switch mentality when you have a lead around the 60-70th minute because the players won't have the same stamina level, if defensive/contention doesn't work use simply normal instruction, it's weird that you can't hold leads it rarely happens to me, and I usually bang in a goal or two in the 80-90 minute mark

Apart from that i like the tactic its just very frustrating blowing 2-3 goal leads on a regular basis but i'll try what you said.