THE OVERACHIEVER - NORMAL TACTIC - SOUTHAMPTON 1st | BETIS 2nd

I stopped using because it is so leaky. Plays some lovely stuff and had me in top four with Newcastle but I can’t play with something so open. If you want to play a Keegan brand of football then this is for you.

I stopped using because it is so leaky. Plays some lovely stuff and had me in top four with Newcastle but I can’t play with something so open. If you want to play a Keegan brand of football then this is for you.

As I said in previous posts this is a normal attacking tactic, you'll concede but you'll outscore your opponent, its main purpose is to entertain and provide a good match, you achieved a 4th place in the league with Newcastle with this tactic which in real life would be like a miracle

this is a very nice tactic! Unfortunally, the away 3.0 did not work for me at Dortmund, but the 3.0 Home is fantastic!
Now at Liverpool and the home is working well again!

I still have to look for a good counter tactic against bigger teams (anybody a hint?)

Can you create a list of possible roles for both strikers? I'm in 2024 and I've used this tactic since the start, but I want to switch it up a little!

Thanks

Can you create a list of possible roles for both strikers? I'm in 2024 and I've used this tactic since the start, but I want to switch it up a little!

Thanks

P / AF | T - F9 | P / F9 | anyone you can think of that involves an attacking striker and an supporting one

Hey guys long time no see, I've been experimenting a lot with THE OVERACHIEVER tactic, I think I've hit something gold once again and an even better performance with seamless play between all of the team, your strikers will score, your wingers will score your midfielders will score and you'll not concede a lot.

Real Betis 1st Season - no transfers - experimenting with a lot of tactics then I've revamped the tactic and so far 7 games 6 wins (won against barça away :eek:)

View attachment 1165929

Hey guys long time no see, I've been experimenting a lot with THE OVERACHIEVER tactic, I think I've hit something gold once again and an even better performance with seamless play between all of the team, your strikers will score, your wingers will score your midfielders will score and you'll not concede a lot.

Real Betis 1st Season - no transfers - experimenting with a lot of tactics then I've revamped the tactic and so far 7 games 6 wins (won against barça away :eek:)

View attachment 1165929

Now we use only the one tactic?

after a glorious season in which we (Newcastle) won the title, we only really struggled against 4-4-2.. I am finding that a) a lot of the big teams are playing a 4-4-2 and that we either win big Brighton 5-2 or we get battered and my players look like they have never met, is the tactic still effective if we are a stronger team, that or I am developing a paranoia about Sports Interactive just messing with me

Maybe im just blind mate but did you use any Oi's? (H)

Sorry I forgot to say, *** man does OI's mate

after a glorious season in which we (Newcastle) won the title, we only really struggled against 4-4-2.. I am finding that a) a lot of the big teams are playing a 4-4-2 and that we either win big Brighton 5-2 or we get battered and my players look like they have never met, is the tactic still effective if we are a stronger team, that or I am developing a paranoia about Sports Interactive just messing with me

Now that is really weird, you won with newcastle with the latest tactic? A few ideas mate, let *** man handle opp instructions, try the playing 2 or 3 games with either pass to space instruction added or shorter passes and keep possession and tell me how it went please, I will do 2 seasons as well to understand what is happening

to clarify I used the old home away tactics for the first season, i will try the new one and look at the changes you've suggested

ok so with the shuffling of some players into different roles, R footed wide player seems to be happier on the right, managed a win against Chelsea 2-0 and Watford 1-0 both away, the new tactic looks more solid when defending out wide, you still give up a lot of crosses but that seemes to be the way of the game, tried short passing, retain possession for a half and pass into space for a half, pass into space seems to me to trouble the opposition more

ok so with the shuffling of some players into different roles, R footed wide player seems to be happier on the right, managed a win against Chelsea 2-0 and Watford 1-0 both away, the new tactic looks more solid when defending out wide, you still give up a lot of crosses but that seemes to be the way of the game, tried short passing, retain possession for a half and pass into space for a half, pass into space seems to me to trouble the opposition more

Give att mentality a try against weaker opp

I was gonna look at the mentality depending on opposition strength, the other issues are game mechanics more than anything else, you know you ask your Assistant to do OI's and he does a couple then tells you halfway through the half, (such and such a player is causing running things, or is an accomplished crosser) well mate he was an accomplished crosser before the game so why did you not already set the instruction of close down and push onto weaker foot.. but that's just me getting annoyed, I'll update on how the new tactic goes, we are aiming for Euro Cup through league place this year

good work mate first game of season with southampton

8-1 hammering of newcastle