THE OVERACHIEVER - NORMAL TACTIC - SOUTHAMPTON 1st | BETIS 2nd

The tactics I have downloaded, I just want to make sure this is correct. The Left Inverted Wing Back is set to Attack, whereas the Right Inverted Wing Back is set to support.

Is this right or should they both be either attack or support?

Does one of the strikers always have to be a DLF? most well near enough all my strikers are CF's

You need a supportive striker and attacking one, you can also have 2 supportive strikers for example 2 complete forwards on support role, it really depends on what works best with your team, I found that having a pair of P - DLF or CF - F9 worked superbly for me, but it could work even better for you

The tactics I have downloaded, I just want to make sure this is correct. The Left Inverted Wing Back is set to Attack, whereas the Right Inverted Wing Back is set to support.

Is this right or should they both be either attack or support?

That's right mate

You need a supportive striker and attacking one, you can also have 2 supportive strikers for example 2 complete forwards on support role, it really depends on what works best with your team, I found that having a pair of P - DLF or CF - F9 worked superbly for me, but it could work even better for you

That's right mate

Ohhh, so it's suppose to be support, was only asking cause I couldn't tell from your pictures as its in a different language

Hey!
Iv been lurking around this forum for years, but for this tactic I really had to make an account.
This tactic is absolutely insane and by far the most enjoyable I have ever played with.

I played your tactic with Leicester City, only transfers I did were buying Dolberg and some cheap quick right back (pretty poor one).

View attachment 54699
View attachment 54698
I experienced some trouble at first playing Wes Morgan (which is supposed to be the best defender I had but he is slow). After I benched him and played a much quicker but weakish CB the results increased massively.

Some random thoughts about the tactic:
-Quick defenders are a must
-Allround midfielders are a must, Adrien Silva is a beast. (Id be interested in seeing how Kroos type of midfielders perform in this tactic)
-Dolberg seems to perform well as left winger, he still misses too many chances somehow.
-Vardy is an absolute monster, the Deep lying forward seems to score most of the goals (vardy is at 39 goals in 45 matches)

Only problem that is left:
I seem to lose 2 goal leads quite often so far, if you can add some waste time tactic, or a more defensively oriented version of this tactic when you are in a 2 goal lead, this tactic would be 100% the best ever.

In this season my results are even better:
View attachment 54697
View attachment 54696

Need 1 more point for the championship, and I just beat Real madrid with 6-2 at home in the quarter finals after losing 2-3 in the away match, so im up against Bayern in the semi's.

Cheers on a beatifull tactic :)

Hey!
Iv been lurking around this forum for years, but for this tactic I really had to make an account.
This tactic is absolutely insane and by far the most enjoyable I have ever played with.

I played your tactic with Leicester City, only transfers I did were buying Dolberg and some cheap quick right back (pretty poor one).

View attachment 1159919
View attachment 1159920
I experienced some trouble at first playing Wes Morgan (which is supposed to be the best defender I had but he is slow). After I benched him and played a much quicker but weakish CB the results increased massively.

Some random thoughts about the tactic:
-Quick defenders are a must
-Allround midfielders are a must, Adrien Silva is a beast. (Id be interested in seeing how Kroos type of midfielders perform in this tactic)
-Dolberg seems to perform well as left winger, he still misses too many chances somehow.
-Vardy is an absolute monster, the Deep lying forward seems to score most of the goals (vardy is at 39 goals in 45 matches)

Only problem that is left:
I seem to lose 2 goal leads quite often so far, if you can add some waste time tactic, or a more defensively oriented version of this tactic when you are in a 2 goal lead, this tactic would be 100% the best ever.

In this season my results are even better:
View attachment 1159921
View attachment 1159922

Need 1 more point for the championship, and I just beat Real madrid with 6-2 at home in the quarter finals after losing 2-3 in the away match, so im up against Bayern in the semi's.

Cheers on a beatifull tactic :)

Thank you for your support mate and I'm really glad it worked well for you, not as well as I thought but well nonetheless, about managing a lead, when I reach the 60-70th minute mark and I'm winning, I usually remove those PI's from either tactic and change the defensive line to slighty behind while shouting "close lines", X represents that that PI is removed, an V represents what you can choose from

View attachment 54693

Do you think this could be viable for Tottenham ?

I think tottenham would destroy completely with kane and song as strikers, erisken as left winger, moura as right winger, with great ball playing defenders like alderwield and davinson sanchez and an superb keeper, let's also not forget about dele alli and wonderkids like winks

Bournemouth 1st season:

King got 37 goals, 18 assists and 11 POM as Advanced Forward in the Prem alone.

I've just bought Hoedt, Milinkovic-Savic and Berardi. Beat Man City 5-3 at the Etihad in 1st game of the 2nd season.

This is a beaut!

View attachment 54489

Unbelievable results, 2nd season with inter, 1st in the CL, lost most of my main players and I STILL WON THE CL!!! Couldn't believe my eyes when I won it, it just shows how dominant this tactic is

My champions league fixtures

View attachment 54360

Transfers

View attachment 54358
View attachment 54359
View attachment 54359

I've managed to create with the help of others a superbly amazing normal tactic that can produce results with any team, I couldn't be more proud, but at the same time I'm saddened because it doesn't even get near the attention a 3 striker tactic gets..

Either way, I'll keep helping any of you folks who visit this thread, use the tactic, or have any doubts, but this is the final line for my FM 18 journey, it truly was a good year
View attachment 54359

Last edited:
Season 2, still with Inter.

Going well, however I have made an observation.

Season 1 - I used the smallest pitch size possible > I won more games by large scores e.g. 7-0.
Season 2 - I'm trying the largest pitch possible > not as many big wins.

Nevertheless, I'm still winning and loving it!

I think tottenham would destroy completely with kane and song as strikers, erisken as left winger, moura as right winger, with great ball playing defenders like alderwield and davinson sanchez and an superb keeper, let's also not forget about dele alli and wonderkids like winks

You often talk aboyut "wingers"
But arent they inside forwards ?
And aren't they better with inverted foot ?