Season Ticket Holders.

Robshkii

Reaction score
Or indeed regular ticket buyers. Name your club and status as below:

*Season Ticket Holder/Merch Buyer/Away game support (at least 3 games every season) = True Supporter

*Season Ticket Holder/Merch Buyer or Away game support = Good Supporter

*Regular Ticket Holder/Merch Buyer/Occasional Away support = Supporter

*Merch Buyer/Occasional Ticket Buyer = Kind-of-supporter

*Merch Buyer/Result Checker/TV watcher = Fan

Just thought it'd be interesting to see who is a true supporter of their club, sick of people who say they support teams like Manchester United and Chelsea when infact they've never been to a game, THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAN AND SUPPORTER.

For instance I have friends who support teams like West Ham and Ipswich but never go to the games? I'm sure that even West Ham can't be that hard to get tickets for!

Also state how long you have been a ticket holder etc etc.

Here's mine:

Colchester United - True Supporter (5 Year Season Ticket Holder/Merch Buyer/Away game support (at least 3 games every season)
Arsenal - Fan (TV watcher/Result Checker)

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR ALL MAN UTD FAN'S. WHY MAN UTD?
If you do follow them fill this in:

Why?:
Where do you live:
Why Man Utd? (If not Manchester and surrounding area)
Who Is Your Local Team?:

Last edited:
I would class myself as a True Supporter of Portsmouth. I had a season ticket when I was at college for two years, went to Old Trafford, Wembley amongst others for away games and go to every single game that I can. I currently don't have a season ticket as I'm in Plymouth for university but I listen to their matches on the radio and go whenever I am at home.

My 2nd team is Plymouth. I go to games at home when not busy but never been to any away games. Therefore I would say Supporter or Kind-of-Supporter.

I would also class myself as a Fan of Spurs. Im a fan of Redknapp and think he's done a fantastic job there.

Last edited:
well i just can't agree with you...just because i dont have money to buy a ticket plane from croatia to england.pay for hotel,pay for ticket,and have a free time to do all! (-.-) that doesn't mean that i'm not true fan right? i support liverpool for 8 years in their good and bad times,watch every game i can and buy their merchandise so i consider myself true fan...correct me if im wrong:O

well i just can't agree with you...just because i dont have money to buy a ticket plane from croatia to england.pay for hotel,pay for ticket,and have a free time to do all! (-.-) that doesn't mean that i'm not true fan right? i support liverpool for 8 years in their good and bad times,watch every game i can and buy their merchandise so i consider myself true fan...correct me if im wrong:O​

I think in cases like yours it is OK to call yourself a true fan. Its one thing being a true fan of a club in the country you live but if you live abroad you can't be expected to go to every game.

well i just can't agree with you...just because i dont have money to buy a ticket plane from croatia to england.pay for hotel,pay for ticket,and have a free time to do all! (-.-) that doesn't mean that i'm not true fan right? i support liverpool for 8 years in their good and bad times,watch every game i can and buy their merchandise so i consider myself true fan...correct me if im wrong:O

Well in this case you are a True Fan. Not a direct supporter, though you do buy their merchandise which is good, do you support/are a fan of a Croatian team? Are you indeed Croatian?

Well in this case you are a True Fan. Not a direct supporter, though you do buy their merchandise which is good, do you support/are a fan of a Croatian team? Are you indeed Croatian?

yes i am croatian,well croatian league is made of pure suck so i barely watch it because i support dinamo zagreb and they are like owning league for past 10 years and nobody can even get close to them but in champions league they always get good pounding from some average european side :'(...anyways i do understand what u meant to say,i too dont like those glorygrabbing fans that one year support barcelona,then chelsea,then real..etc (dependent of their results).

Man utd - Supporter (expensive tickets and hard to get)
Oldham-Good Supporter.
Tottenham-fan.

I have my season ticket at Old Trafford and get to most home games a season and I try and get to around half of away games.

However, I would disagree with the fact that just because you don't have a season ticket doesn't mean you can be a fan.

Last edited:
The logic that if you don't have a season ticket then you can't be a true supporter is terrible. I'm sure many people would love to have a season ticket but can't for various reasons, e.g. costs, location etc.

I've had a season ticket at Chelsea for 10+ years. Used to go to quite alot of away games but haven't been able to go to any this year.

Your logic is pretty flawed. Season tickets are incredibly expensive, and, especially in these economically hard times, I'd rather use my money for my family and stuff. Also, pretty hard for me to go to games seeing as my clubs are in England and Spain and I live in the Netherlands....

I have my season ticket at Old Trafford and get to most home games a season and I try and get to around half of away games.

However, I would disagree with the fact that just because you don't have a season ticket doesn't mean you can be a fan.

I never said that, I said there is a big difference between Fan and supporter. A supporter is someone such as yourself who supports their club by putting money into it. A fan would be somebody who follows the team..

Your logic is pretty flawed. Season tickets are incredibly expensive, and, especially in these economically hard times, I'd rather use my money for my family and stuff. Also, pretty hard for me to go to games seeing as my clubs are in England and Spain and I live in the Netherlands....

I'm not having a go at people ha! I'm just curious as to what you would class yourself as... I'm also trying to draw the line between people who are Glory Hunters, people who for instance live in Newquay and 'support' Man U?
I'm well aware that it costs money but i'm just sick of people who have no loyalty to local teams!

Last edited:
I had a season ticket from 2004 to 2009 for Leeds United, before that my grandad took me to all the big games like Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool etc but me and my partner have had a baby 10 months ago so the season ticket was a sacrifice...I will get one again though maybe next season or the season after. I'll be taking my son before long!

Well i have been a Real Madrid fan my whole life. And in recent years started to watch more the PL. And i have grown to a City fan. :D However..i dont live in Spain or in the UK. So i haven't watched Real or City games at their stadium. But i watch their every game on TV. So probly a true fan or a supporter? Idk, how would you class it? :S

This is almost as bad as when people say 'The only supporters are lower league fans'.

I mean really, What gives you the right to define what a 'true fan' is? Why doe's it matter if your a 'true fan' by your definition anyway?

Anyway, I suppose I am a 'True Supporter' by your definition of Plymouth, as I have a season ticket, have their shirt, go to a fair few away games. Also I would be a 'Fan' of Newcastle United, mainly due to geographical restraints, although they are my favourite team, and I only really support Plymouth because I live here now and I like my local team to do well.

But at the end of the day, if I had the chance to be a 'True Supporter' of Newcastle, I would be, rather than Plymouth, but things in life are always not that black and white. (Newcastle pun ftw)

This is almost as bad as when people say 'The only supporters are lower league fans'.

I mean really, What gives you the right to define what a 'true fan' is? Why doe's it matter if your a 'true fan' by your definition anyway?

Anyway, I suppose I am a 'True Supporter' by your definition of Plymouth, as I have a season ticket, have their shirt, go to a fair few away games. Also I would be a 'Fan' of Newcastle United, mainly due to geographical restraints, although they are my favourite team, and I only really support Plymouth because I live here now and I like my local team to do well.

But at the end of the day, if I had the chance to be a 'True Supporter' of Newcastle, I would be, rather than Plymouth, but things in life are always not that black and white. (Newcastle pun ftw)

I wish people would stop being so aggressive about this! IT WAS JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY WITH SOME CATEGORIES I MADE UP IN 5 MINS!

Apart from that I would say you enjoy your football clearly, hope you get the chance to be a 'True Supporter' of Newcastle one day :)

What if your local league sucks? I would like the Seattle Sounders to do well in the MLS, and ocassionally might watch a game, but I watch almost every Independiente game on the internet. When I was in Argentina I went to almost all of their home games and a couple away games as well.

I wish people would stop being so aggressive about this! IT WAS JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY WITH SOME CATEGORIES I MADE UP IN 5 MINS!

Apart from that I would say you enjoy your football clearly, hope you get the chance to be a 'True Supporter' of Newcastle one day :)

It wasn't meant to be aggressive, just a question. :)

This a bit of an odd thread, because i'm one of those supposed 'glory supporters' because i'm from Nottingham and support Manchester United.

I got into them thanks to my Grandad who's a Man U fan and i can't exactly get to many games due to expense and travel, but i like to go at least once or twice a season if possible.

But i'll watch every game on tv, or watch Gillette Soccer Saturday to keep up with them and ill slap on my United shirt good and proud, ill pour a pint in my united glass as i follow the boys.

The fact that you are trying to 'oust' these glory supporters is stupid, you can love a club without having to be in attendance to every single game. It's like saying you like a band but if you don't see them live every time they perform you aren't really a true fan.

I am not a season ticket holder for Forest because I followed them when I was younger, was never really into football that much. Then when I got to about 14/15, started to take more notice and went to a few games when time/money allowed me.

Now I'm at uni, I can't really afford to be travelling to Nottingham every other weekend to see them, as much as I would love to do that.

Using your theory about being a true supporter, you class the majority of fans for the bigger clubs as not being "true supporters" because they don't hold a season ticket. Your probably someone who thinks lower league fans are the true football supporters :S I'm not a season ticket holder for Man Utd but I do try to get to games but only being 16 and having no one in my family who like football stops me from travelling to mancheste as well as having a Saracens season ticket which means I can't make most games.

Last edited: