Shogun II Total war

Cheers brah. I wanted to play as the Kikkawa :wub:
Yeah I wanted to play as the Shimazu but they are not in the demo :'(

But then the tutorial campaign map is obviously a fraction of the full campaign.

Last edited:
I downloaded the demo, but i haven't stopped play FM11 or red orchestra long enough to play it.

I downloaded the demo, but i haven't stopped play FM11 or red orchestra long enough to play it.

meh as always with TW games the demo is not something you can play loads and it won't give a fair reflection on the game. You get a historical battle (I dont like them as usually your forces are in retarded places and your forces are split for this battle). You also get the tutorial campaign which just goes through the basics. You're not missing too much by not playing the demo. But can't for it now, only a week away :D

Medieval (the first one) was the first game of the series I bought and i was hooked instantly then i got Rome and it was definitely the best one of the series imo. Empire and Napoleon were sort of a let down because guns don't have as much strategy as hand to hand combat. So i can't wait for Shogun 2 to bring Total War back to its roots and hand to hand combat.

Mine was posted yesterday... long shot, but it could come today :D

Mine was posted yesterday... long shot, but it could come today :D

shopto.net dispatched mine yesterday, as long as it comes by Tuesday I don't care when it comes. You can't play it until the game is released on steam on Tuesday

Oh well didn't come today. Does it require installing via Steam? If I can avoid it, I usually do.

Oh well didn't come today. Does it require installing via Steam? If I can avoid it, I usually do.

has to be installed on steam which is unfortunate for me since shopto.net dispatched my game yesterday and it came today. The case is going to be taunting me until Tuesday when I can play it :'(

Last edited:
Trying to preload it, but instead of just getting everything off the disc, it's downloading it, wtf?!

Well, game is out today, when I get it I think I'm going to be the Oda because - quite frankly - Nobunaga is win.

Been downloading it from gamersgate for the past 8 hours. Horrible, horrible download speed at the moment - still only 45% done.

today is the day lady and gents. I got disc version so installed in 20 mins this morning before I went to school. Will be able to play for a few hours tonight and I will report feedback to this thread

been playing most of tonight. Am really enjoying it so far. Have the campaign only on medium difficulty and im still finding it quite a challenge and so are a few of my mates. AI are actually quite clever now, which is a real shock. The retarded agent videos from Medieval make a nice return :D There are some nice choice questions you get to make on the campaign map, with each choice bringing you different positives. Graphics are really nice. Really nice touch is seeing a unit I have been firing at with archers and seeing some of the units not actually dead but just injured, rolling on the floor in pain with an arrow stuck in them (yes you can actually see the arrow :O ). Very impressed with the game so far, excited to explore it more in the coming days/weeks

Last edited:
Set things to normal/normal for a quick playthrough and, yeah, it's a decent game.

Lot of fuss over it being directx 9 and lacking AA, but meh. It's still pretty enough until they put the directx 11 in.

Enjoying it a lot, though I had very low expectations which may have helped.

Set things to normal/normal for a quick playthrough and, yeah, it's a decent game.

Lot of fuss over it being directx 9 and lacking AA, but meh. It's still pretty enough until they put the directx 11 in.

Enjoying it a lot, though I had very low expectations which may have helped.

ye the graphics already look gorgeous on max. Can't wait to see wot they look like with AA and dx 11

The download speed on Steam was good until 50%, but now it's going at around 280kb/s and is taking ages, it's now on 68%.

The download speed on Steam was good until 50%, but now it's going at around 280kb/s and is taking ages, it's now on 68%.

Think that's more to do with your ISP being a jerk.

Loving it at the moment. I'm the Date clan, only got 3 settlements and the faction next to me are my allies and have about 6 settlements between me and anyone else, so I've got military access so I can go through and get some more land. Good to have the protection though.

should have got disc ;)

One thing that is vastly improved is the protectorate system. Instead of your protectorates (vassals in this game) just sitting in their region spamming units they actually do something in this game. One of my protectorates actually just won me a war. I took 2 of a clans settlements and its last 1 was taken by my protectorate. That settlement still goes down as mine in the victory conditions too :)

It's been 2 hours since this post and it's only on 83%. I want to kill somebody.