Shogun II Total war

Okay, I haven't had the time to play it yet.

Please someone tell me there are actual Ninjas?

There are Ninjas in the campaign , only to sabotage/assassinate though. Haven't actually seen one on the battlefield.

There are Ninjas in the campaign , only to sabotage/assassinate though. Haven't actually seen one on the battlefield.

Okay i have played the game a bit more there are Kisho Ninjas that you can get on the battlefield also Monks too :)

I loved the monks in Shogun II! Fully upgraded they made mincemeat out of everything!

Great game. Played it, enjoyed it, realised that my computer would explode if I played it any longer, shut it off. So I'll need a new computer, but it's great, it really is.

Two things that will disappoint me about the game:

1. There are only 10 clans, which to me is massively disappointing.
2. Each character doesn't seem to be unique (Going by the short demo of the Chosokabe's at least). I quite liked the 'Command' and other stats set-up from other TW games and when I was on this last night all the Generals seemed to have was 'rank' and 'loyalty'. Very upsetting as now it seems like it's going to have people who simply weren't as good as others on the same playing field. I.E: Shingen Takeda >>>>>>>> Yoshimoto Imagawa - but the game is not going to portray it this way through character stats.

Two things that will disappoint me about the game:

1. There are only 10 clans, which to me is massively disappointing.
2. Each character doesn't seem to be unique (Going by the short demo of the Chosokabe's at least). I quite liked the 'Command' and other stats set-up from other TW games and when I was on this last night all the Generals seemed to have was 'rank' and 'loyalty'. Very upsetting as now it seems like it's going to have people who simply weren't as good as others on the same playing field. I.E: Shingen Takeda >>>>>>>> Yoshimoto Imagawa - but the game is not going to portray it this way through character stats.
1.There where probably only 10 clans.Also I like this beacause having to many factions can be annoying plus its easier to manage diplomacy.
As for the second it doesnt really bother me as much

1.There where probably only 10 clans.Also I like this beacause having to many factions can be annoying plus its easier to manage diplomacy.
As for the second it doesnt really bother me as much

There was absolutely NOT only 10 clans during the Sengoku Jidai period.

There were loads.

Asakura, Azai, Imagawa, Tachibana, Saito, Otomo are just a few big ones that aren't included.

I just scrape minimum specs on my desktop. I hope it won't be laggy as **** though. Looking forward to this game.

There was absolutely NOT only 10 clans during the Sengoku Jidai period.

There were loads.

Asakura, Azai, Imagawa, Tachibana, Saito, Otomo are just a few big ones that aren't included.

Maybe the Demo only has a selection of the available factions?

Maybe the Demo only has a selection of the available factions?

Sadly I'm pretty sure this isn't the case as on the demo you can only be the Chosokabe while it shows the other 9 factions on the Encyclopedia.

Oh well. Apart from those little issues it seems like a good game from the demo. Will still get it.

Sadly I'm pretty sure this isn't the case as on the demo you can only be the Chosokabe while it shows the other 9 factions on the Encyclopedia.

Oh well. Apart from those little issues it seems like a good game from the demo. Will still get it.
Well another reason that i pretty complicated.If they included all the clans.The campain map would be cluttered.Regions maybe tiny.The they have it seems right regions are just the right size and it doesnt seem cluttered.Plus Japan is tiny in comparison to Europe so if you where to have all the clans on the maps and each of them would have to be capable of building a large army then there would be way to many of those little characters that walk around the map.Seems logical to me plus 10 clans is about right.Too much detail bores people as they will probably be only one of the clans anyway.

I wouldn't be too worried about the number of clans. The TW modding community is strong and they will surely add more playable clans, units, bigger map, new gameplay features (through scripting) ect. ect.

@ coolguyrko - The map cannot be used as an excuse for the minimal number of clans as it can always be a bigger scale.

gutted can't get this. Trailers looked real tasty, and was goin to download the demo. real pain when it needs 2.0 ghz and you have 1.9. ****

I wouldn't be too worried about the number of clans. The TW modding community is strong and they will surely add more playable clans, units, bigger map, new gameplay features (through scripting) ect. ect.

@ coolguyrko - The map cannot be used as an excuse for the minimal number of clans as it can always be a bigger scale.
Yes but this also rquires a greater amount of detail and a greater amount of performance from a pc.The campaign map has definetley increased in detail.TW games are known for "destroying" computers with there detail maybe there would simply be too much.Anyway I dont care the Game is awseome and the AI is drastically improved in my opinion.

Check this out lads.

Basically it makes the demo campaign unrestricted - so you have access to everything within the limits of the demo.

Check this out lads.

Basically it makes the demo campaign unrestricted - so you have access to everything within the limits of the demo.

Cheers brah. I wanted to play as the Kikkawa :wub:

Been playing for a good couple of hours now with the Kikkawa and enjoying Shogun 2 a lot, and that's with the restrictions of the demo mod.

Anyway, this is how my Ninja's turned out, he kills a lot of people: