Alright.. i've been using it with Forest and after 6 games here's how things are looking..

View attachment 215650View attachment 215651

Now i had a bit of a tactics dilemma. For the Hull and Blackpool games i was using the Might and Magic Away tactic, and for the home ones i was using the standard Short and Sweet tactic with the AMC. Then for the Milwall away game i used the old tactic with the 3 CMs across the middle...

Home:

View attachment 215653

Away:

View attachment 215655

( Not always with them team selections, i was using them for screenshot purposes only )

The tactics are not at full fluidity yet as you can see, however while using the Short and Sweet tactics, we seem to be dominating games already.

Looking very good so far :)

What tactic can i use for away games that has just as equal possession and use of main playmaker, might and magic is not so possessive

Would like to say, the away tactic i was using turned out to be very inconsistent and the away M&M tactic is far better.

Would like to say, the away tactic i was using turned out to be very inconsistent and the away M&M tactic is far better.
so you use this tactic for home games and the away version of Might and Magic and you are happy with the results?

so you use this tactic for home games and the away version of Might and Magic and you are happy with the results?

Yes, the starting results were as you can see very shaky, but when the tactic reaches full fluidity, the results really do improve.

The loss to Bradford was a bit of a mistake on my part as i holidayed the game.

Last edited:
Which tactic would you recommend for away games?

Which tactic would you recommend for away games?

the Short and Sweet for home and M&M away for away games has worked wonders for everyone who has used them both :) I am still unbeaten in my Utd save after 3 years using this combination!

But I can't use Andy Caroll in either right?

But I can't use Andy Caroll in either right?

you can set the left hand striker in the M&M to Target Man and set hold up ball and wide play to normal and set team crossing to float if you like :) that could work! but I know for a fact the only tactic M&M does not work for is Pool... :)

Could you create a tactic specifically for Liverpool? :p

I'm sure several will be using it for several seasons and versions of Football Manager. It's not like Liverpool will go through a radical roster change in the next season at least.

Could you create a tactic specifically for Liverpool? :p

I'm sure several will be using it for several seasons and versions of Football Manager. It's not like Liverpool will go through a radical roster change in the next season at least.

I could do that :) so many people have asked me :) let me get on it over the next several days :)

Yes, the starting results were as you can see very shaky, but when the tactic reaches full fluidity, the results really do improve.

The loss to Bradford was a bit of a mistake on my part as i holidayed the game.
Alright i'll try :) i dont really understand the explanation on the roles in the M&M tactic as i really never see united play :/

but M&M doesnt quite dominate possession like short and sweet isnt there a different tactic i can use in away games with lots of possession

you can use the S&S tactic, just make the changes I suggest on the OP :)

could someone please help me out, how many versions of the short and sweet are there? could i get the links to all of them, and can i alternate them in different games, perhaps home and away games

could someone please help me out, how many versions of the short and sweet are there? could i get the links to all of them, and can i alternate them in different games, perhaps home and away games

there is only one uploaded :) that is the newer Amc version.

the original version which had the Dm is a few pages back :)

Just got into the new year with Forest using the tactics i mentioned in my last post...

View attachment 215899View attachment 215900
Generally the signs are good, we do draw a lot of games but that does come from a bit of an inability to finish our chances. Against Southampton my LB was sent off in the 80th minute and they scored in the 87th, in the same game we had SEVEN CCCs but could only score 3 goals. In the most recent game against Derby, Lee Camp made a dreadful mistake, gifting Derby a goal, we also had 4 CCCs in that match. If we finished our chances we'd have more points, but other than that the tactics are working brilliantly so far. Cheers Raikan!

Hello guys, I just started using this tactic, however I do not see anywhere on the OP that shows anything about match preparation or opposition instructions, could someone please help me out by giving me info on the match preparation and OI..much thanks

I could do that :) so many people have asked me :) let me get on it over the next several days :)

Let us know when you have one done... Perhaps you could test it with AS Roma as well and see if it works for both.