make the changes on the OP mate or use Might and magic for away games :) possession tactics are never as effective away from home as they are at home! :) even though you may dominate possession!

2nd with Heracles is pretty **** impressive mate! congrats? SS?

View attachment 219267View attachment 219268

as you can see, i have fallen off second slightly but i am only that high up in the standings due to the fact that all the other top teams have been pretty horrible, its also very congested at the top, 2 points separate 7th and second place and most teams have a game at hand on first place, so that gap will become even closer by the end of the day :D

thanks for the advice! i always wanted an excuse to use might and magic but never go around to it

@ Raikan - Do both the CM's in this tactic act like DM's? Also, do the CB's need to be good at passing as I would prefer it if this wasn't the case.
I'm Man Utd and yes I'm still deciding which 2 of your tactics I should use! XD Going by the general opinion the best 2 to use is this at Home and M&M Away? Would you recommend I use these 2?

Thanks as always.

Last edited:
@ Raikan - Do both the CM's in this tactic act like DM's? Also, do the CB's need to be good at passing as I would prefer it if this wasn't the case.
I'm Man Utd and yes I'm still deciding which 2 of your tactics I should use! XD Going by the general opinion the best 2 to use is this at Home and M&M Away? Would you recommend I use these 2?

Thanks as always.

yes they do to an extent! if they are its a huge bonus mate :) Jan and Toby would be great!

Remember, this will take sometime to get going to its full potential but start with it at home only and use the M&M or the Swoop there it is for away games :)

good luck and let me know your results!

yes they do to an extent! if they are its a huge bonus mate :) Jan and Toby would be great!

Remember, this will take sometime to get going to its full potential but start with it at home only and use the M&M or the Swoop there it is for away games :)

good luck and let me know your results!

Thanks.

Regarding the part in bold, can a box to box player play at CM if needed? As for the Jan & Toby reply, I'm guessing you mean Vertonghen & Alderweireld? As I said I would rather if I Didn't have to buy good BPD's. It says in the OP that the CB's just need to be strong and quick if possible. That's the kind of defender I prefer to sign, not BPD's.

Thanks.

Regarding the part in bold, can a box to box player play at CM if needed? As for the Jan & Toby reply, I'm guessing you mean Vertonghen & Alderweireld? As I said I would rather if I Didn't have to buy good BPD's. It says in the OP that the CB's just need to be strong and quick if possible. That's the kind of defender I prefer to sign, not BPD's.

yes of course :) the more attacking they are with being defensively sound the better!

oh, I thought you asked if it would benefit it, of course having bpd's will help recycling of possession and completing passess however normal centrebacks will be perfect too :)

yes of course :) the more attacking they are with being defensively sound the better!

oh, I thought you asked if it would benefit it, of course having bpd's will help recycling of possession and completing passess however normal centrebacks will be perfect too :)

Thanks for answering my questions. You have been a great help :) I think you are the best Moderator!

I can now continue my Man Utd save (pre season in 2nd season). I notice there are 2 M&M tactics though, this might sound stupid but do you always use the away version for away games? I'll be using S&S at Home and M&M away :)

Last edited:
Does this only work for the big teams or does it work for LLM

It was with my Barnsley save, and I was playin´against Tottenham,.,., 3rd season ;)

when downloaded it comes with the name new classic possession amc and it has an amc but here you are talking about three flat cm. Which one should be used?

This really worked brilliantly with Arsenal. But don't think it works for LLM. Have tried it with Bruges (Belgian first division), and it wasn't really a good result. Had most of the ball possession (around 65-70, so that's good), but couldn't create enough CCC.

But really good tactic, thanks v. much Raikan, you're really good at making tactics :)

one more thing u said about using a dm but the tactic has no dm. it has 2 cm and an amc. can u clear that out?

where do u use rooney in that tactic?

You can use him as ST but I personally use Hernández upfront with Rooney as AMC.

one more thing u said about using a dm but the tactic has no dm. it has 2 cm and an amc. can u clear that out?

He meant that they should be defensive minded players in the CM position, although the more attacking with being defensive too then the better.

Hey Raikan, me again, i'm a bit of a sucker for your tactics, haha, especially this one as it's probably the best posession and control tactic i've used in FM12.

View attachment 221737View attachment 221738View attachment 221739View attachment 221740View attachment 221741

As you can see results were very average, but then i decided to start using this tactic for home games and Xenon's 4-2-4 for away games starting from the Midtjylland games, also considering using your AMC tactic for away games too, but as you can see the form has been remarkable. Sitting top after 30 games and hopefully we'll stay there (Who knows why Di Maria was listed for loan by the way). Amazing tactic again Raikan, is there any particular tactic of yours which you recommend using away along with this tactic? Thanks again.

thats awesome mate :) I hate Celtic, struggle against them as well with Tottenham! had to over come them 4:4 agg and penalties :)

Xenon makes wonderful tactics so I dont think you need to change a thing :) however, the S&S at home and my M&M away has worked wonders for many members and myself :)

thats awesome mate :) I hate Celtic, struggle against them as well with Tottenham! had to over come them 4:4 agg and penalties :)

Xenon makes wonderful tactics so I dont think you need to change a thing :) however, the S&S at home and my M&M away has worked wonders for many members and myself :)

:) Yea i agree they are an annoying team, and i agree yes his tactics do work brilliantly, i doubt i'll have to change much but if i do need to i'll make sure to keep your M&M away tactic and Xenon's other tactics in mind. :)

i have a problem for with my possession tactic :
  • What marking system do you use for all players ?
    • and the best individual mentality?

Last edited by a moderator: