• Yes he should go.

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Yes he should but not at captain.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • No he should be left out.

Votes: 32 45.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If i cared then the fact he cheated on his wife and effected his kids would be the thing i would be annoyed about. But i see them for what they are and that is footballers.

Right, footballers and people. Therefore, you agree it could well have caused divisions in the England camp. Which is what I said at the start.

We should just give the captain's armband to the oldest player on the pitch and stop making a big deal over it

If i cared then the fact he cheated on his wife and effected his kids would be the thing i would be annoyed about. But i see them for what they are and that is footballers.

As footballers they are people, as such they empathise. Hence the divisions.

I cant believe second time now he causes major shitstorm just months before big tournament and there are still people thinking its all fine . This isn't a club where you have all the time in the world to work out any potential differencies. This is a group of people that meets 10 times a year and needs to function as a unit. If there are differences, it will show.

That being said, FA going over Capello's head is complete bullshit.

Personally I'd give the captaincy to Joe Hart. You know he will play every match if fit, you know he is going to be around for many years and you know he has complete respect from his peers and the media. has he been in the press for the wrong reasons? No. Has he at times singlehandedly kept his team in matches? Yes. Is he a great goalie? Yes. Can he be relied upon? Dam right he can. You could give it to Scott Parker-but it's obvious with his age he won't be around that much longer. Gerrard? Only just returned to action and again-age. Rooney? Fantastic player-without doubt inspirational and world class, but questionable temprament.

So give it to Hart. He more than deserves a chance. Remains to be seen wether or not Capello has the balls to do. If not-he's not worth his salary.

Personally dislike england (don't shoot me we've been over it plenty of times before), this is probably the most open the captaincy has ever been.
It seems quite astonishing that no england regular is a club captain of a top team(presuming gerrard won't be one of the first names on the teamsheet).
It's wuite well known that engerland like the captaincy to be in the hands of a patriotic cockney lad (there hasn't been a non-cockney england permanent captain this millenium). Will Capello change this?
I personally would advise him to go with either Hart or Rooney. Both are unquestionably world class and young enough to bring some stability.

Phill jones. It would do wonders to him and englands future. England rnt gona win the euro cause there overated, overpaid selfish models, not footballers.

Phill jones. It would do wonders to him and englands future. England rnt gona win the euro cause there overated, overpaid selfish models, not footballers.

Not wise, jones is 19 would be over 2 years older than bobby moore-the youngest ever captain.
He lacks experience though i agree that he should be england captain but in 7-8 years

And the same applies to Scotland, Wales, Germany, Italy, France.......and strangely enough they win. Argument blown out the water. I'd like to see you say that to Hart, Jagielka, Baines, Jones. Try harder next time. No need to tar every footballer with the same brush.

Personally dislike england (don't shoot me we've been over it plenty of times before), this is probably the most open the captaincy has ever been.
It seems quite astonishing that no england regular is a club captain of a top team(presuming gerrard won't be one of the first names on the teamsheet).
It's wuite well known that engerland like the captaincy to be in the hands of a patriotic cockney lad (there hasn't been a non-cockney england permanent captain this millenium). Will Capello change this?
I personally would advise him to go with either Hart or Rooney. Both are unquestionably world class and young enough to bring some stability.

The captaincy is irrelevant anyway. we spend more time talking about the captaincy than tactics and approach. That is ****** up.

nonsense on both parts. england probably wont win, but it will have nothing to do with what you just wrote

The captaincy is irrelevant anyway. we spend more time talking about the captaincy than tactics and approach. That is ****** up.

Apart from Holland, how many more friendlies do we have to get things right btw?

Not much time then. Praying to god we don't get any more stupid injuries. Then once the tournament starts back to normal for the press-raise our expectations skyhigh and support the players at first. Then muck up once and absolutely slaughter them and demand their withdrawl.

When people ask why I'm never being patriotic with the team, they are completely wrong in assuming I'm not. I'm just being realistic and not being swept along by the overhype. That why I can't be disappointed if things go wrong. I may not be optomistic now, but I'm very hopeful for the lads of the future.

From Toni Terry on Twitter: Hi, I wanted you to hear this from me before anyone spoke for any of us. I am truly devastated by the decision to remove the captaincy from John before the correct legal action was taken. It is an unfair decision which has been dealt with the wrong way. John will have Chelsea FC to focus on now. CFC is his biggest passion right now, as all CFC fans know he will always give 110% for his club as he did his country. How he has been treated during this is a disgrace. I wanted you all to hear my view on this disgraceful matter.

From Toni Terry on Twitter: Hi, I wanted you to hear this from me before anyone spoke for any of us. I am truly devastated by the decision to remove the captaincy from John before the correct legal action was taken. It is an unfair decision which has been dealt with the wrong way. John will have Chelsea FC to focus on now. CFC is his biggest passion right now, as all CFC fans know he will always give 110% for his club as he did his country. How he has been treated during this is a disgrace. I wanted you all to hear my view on this disgraceful matter.

It's a bad decision but its hardly a disgrace. Let's not start turning him into some major victim

I wonder what the reaction would be if it was a teacher who has been charged with what Terry has.

I imagine a public outcry if they weren't at least suspended till post-trial.

I wonder what the reaction would be if it was a teacher who has been charged with what Terry has.

I imagine a public outcry if they weren't at least suspended till post-trial.

This is football not the normal world, everything is different.

he shouldnt go as we got a lot better defenders than him. Remember when we played Germany in the world cup 2010 'And terry and came surging forward'. BANG! 3 -1. Steven Gerrard or Joe Hart to be captain.