Should Kalou have been sent off???

• Thread starter Thread starter ecfc2810
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 109
  • Views Views 8K

Should Kalou have been sent off?

• Total voters
From that clip then yeah I would say a sending off. If he went in like that but only one foot then its a yellow but once you show your studs then your asking for trouble

wow someone has some time on their hands. i am impressed by the lenghs you have gone to though mate haha.

Yh i did, i was totally bored at the moment when he mentioned that 7-0 thing.

Does it really matter,. it wasnt a red card. i am sure it wasnt the reason stoke lost the game. i just think it was a hard decision to call and the ref had a go.

Defiantly, Not just because it's 2 footed, it's that it was right next to the keepers head.

yeah but be honest now all the utd supporters saying kalou should of got sent off quite a few of them wouldnt be saying this about lets say fuller if he done it to cech today and i will be honest now i proberly would do the same if a utd player done it to a stoke player lol
mate i would be saying about any player doing that. i never wanna see a player injured regairdless of who they play for

unless you know our background then you cant call us glory hunters can ya mate.

15 years ago, you couldn't get 15,000 in stamford bridge everybody knows well your background, then some russian millionaire comes along, couple of trophies here and there and you fill it week in week out. Glory Hunting?

Kalou's only saving grace is there didn't seem to be any intention to take the keeper out, his eyes were on the ball. I still think he should have got sent off but he didn't

15 years ago, you couldn't get 15,000 in stamford bridge everybody knows well your background, then some russian millionaire comes along, couple of trophies here and there and you fill it week in week out. Glory Hunting?

i ment me in general not the clubs background. i admit their are fans that started supporting when we got bought but not every fan is like that.

So, what, wait.. did he get sent off or not? oO) XD

utd fans allways think every chelsea supporter is a glory hunter i started supporting chelsea way before we was bought bby abramovich becuase my dad is a life long chelsea supporter and supported them even when they were in the old division 2

Last edited:
I don't think he should have been sent off, didn't seem any intent on hurting the keeper, I admit it was studs showing and two footed, but IMO he went for the ball, not the best way to do it, but when you only have 2 goals to your name all season, you must be pretty desperate to get the ball into the net.

So, what, wait.. did he get sent off or not? oO) XD
should have been, he wasnt. doubt it would have much bearing on the result anyway. but im just annoyed people trying to justify it.

utd fans allways think every chelsea supporter is a glory hunter i started supporting chelsea way before we was bought bby abramovich becuase my dad is a life long chelsea supporter and supported them ever when they were in the old division 2

I never said all Chelsea fans were glory supporters, it's obvious that big clubs have glory supporters and everyone can admit that United have ALOT of them, i'm just saying it's highly hypocritical of him to say there are no Chelsea glory supporters.

I don't think he should have been sent off, didn't seem any intent on hurting the keeper, I admit it was studs showing and two footed, but IMO he went for the ball, not the best way to do it, but when you only have 2 goals to your name all season, you must be pretty desperate to get the ball into the net.
dunc under the rules it is a sending off though, regardless of intent. the rules dont make any provision for intent. if you make a challenge like thats its a red.

Stop creating an argument for once and stay on topic. (People talking about Chelsea fans being glory hunters).

Last edited:
dunc under the rules it is a sending off though, regardless of intent. the rules dont make any provision for intent. if you make a challenge like thats its a red.

Rules are subjective and shouldn't be followed in a narrow minded view.

If you follow the rules like you want, you will get penaltys everytime a ball is crossed into the box.

the thing that gets me is that if this happend in favour or man utd you wouldnt get a chelsea fan creating a thread like this, just looking for excuses and to blame someone.

Rules are subjective and shouldn't be followed in a narrow minded view.

If you follow the rules like you want, you will get penaltys everytime a ball is crossed into the box.
i agree that rules are subjectives, but in this case that was very dangerous. i love physicality in our sport, but thers a line and kalou was definitely crossing it. but like i said had he been sent off i doubt it would have made much difference

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

the thing that gets me is that if this happend in favour or man utd you wouldnt get a chelsea fan creating a thread like this, just looking for excuses and to blame someone.
well that comes down to the person, not who he supports.

i agree that rules are subjectives, but in this case that was very dangerous. i love physicality in our sport, but thers a line and kalou was definitely crossing it. but like i said had he been sent off i doubt it would have made much difference

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

well that comes down to the person, not who he supports.

no its a fact and everyone knows it aswell. its just typical. to be honest i like sorensen and hope he recovers but i dont care we won 7-0 and back at the top, great day for me.

I couldn't see it from where I was but if he went in two footed then it has to be a red card. I don't think there's any intent to hurt the keeper but unfortunately he did catch him. I heard it was a broken arm/elbow on the radio.

The way Stoke played I doubt it would have made a difference. We could have beat them with 1 player on the pitch ;)

Back