Show off your regen/newgen - FM15

• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 737K
Just found this right back for 5 mill and he's only 16!
imagejpeg

Hi guys. Just bought my first FM since FM 12. I had a rough start, but I'm getting the hang of it.

My first regen worth any anything is this guy;
View attachment 295542

I'm expecting some serious things from him. He turns 17 in one month.

What do you think about him?

I could use som advice on how to develop him further. In FM 12 I would loan him out to a club from the Championship, but so far my loan-outs have been extremely unsuccesful. I'm playing with a mate online, so there is a lot of pressure on my team and I'm not sure that this young fellow is quite ready for the seriousness of the title-race and Champions League. I would use him in the cups, but I always get knocked out early. Should I loan him out or just keep him at my youth team?

Last edited:
In FM 12 I would loan him out to a club from the Championship, but so far my loan-outs have been extremely unsuccesful.

Yeah I agree about the loans in 2015. I used to send young players on loan quite a bit and it seemed to work. In 2015 whenever I send good prospects out on loan they always come back with much lower potential. And I always make sure if they do go on loan it would be as at least first team regulars.

What I do now is usually keep players in the U18s until they are too old (or absolutely exceptional) and then move them up to the U21s. Will then usually leave them in U21s with occasional first team games in cups and some league games. Sometimes I will still send them on loan, but only as valuable first team where i'm pretty sure they will play most matches.

well i wouldn't loan him out until he is like 18. IF you do not have too many players in your u19 he will get matches there but looking at his ridiculous attributes i would play him right away.
Some stats need more attention, for example composure or positioning, also did you consider adding an additional position? like dmc, shame to waste all that work rate and stamina. He is already a world class Ball Winning Midfielder IMO.

Should be pretty good, already Liverpool's youngest ever goalscorer
View attachment 294350

Prospect from the academy
View attachment 294349

But this guy is the star of the show. Valdes has agreed to join Milan at the end of the season so needed a new goalkeeper and started looking. Found this guy and signed him straight away, both to avoid losing out on him and to give him time to settle in. Now he's keeping Valdes out of the team. One of the best keepers I've ever seen, and still only 19.
View attachment 294347

Thanks for the feedback, Paetoja and Digimagpie.

@both; I will keep him at my youth squad(s) and make him available for my first team when playing weaker teams. Hopefully he will keep on developing and be ready for my first team (more or less) fulltime when he turns 18 or 19. I have made Fulham my affilliate club and they are actually using my loan-outs regularly in the Championship. I might loan Sibeko (the young man's name) to them for half a season later on.

@Paetoja; So far I have only focused on the CB role, but your idea makes perfect sense. My main tactic is a 4-1-2-2-1 with a BWM at the DMC. Right now Mathis Kranewitter and Lars Bender are battling for playing time, so there is no need to rush in Sibeko. Also they would be perfect tutors for him! I'm going to incorporate the idea and start training him as a BWM.

@simsays; he looks amazing and winning all those prices at 21 is just unbelievable. Good work! Maybe you have written about it earlier, but can you tell me of your method for developing this monster?

@simsays; he looks amazing and winning all those prices at 21 is just unbelievable. Good work! Maybe you have written about it earlier, but can you tell me of your method for developing this monster?

Thanks. To be fairly honest with you, he already had great technical stats when I found him at the age of 15, with dribbling, first touch, technique and crossing all at 16. My origional plan was to retrain him to a right winger. He was fairly slow though, pace was at 8, so I've had him in my U19 team training on quickness. Also had a few other players tutor him to get his determination up (was 11 iirc). Loaned him out when he was about good enough to start to ensure he would get as much playing time as possible, and on return he kept Pereyra out of my first XI. I'm using him on his natural position now, as I have the right wing covered and he's just too good to play anywhere else. He's currently on a schedule to improve his passing.

Regarding your CB, he looks very promising, too. I would keep him in your youth team for a year or two, focus on his quickness, give him a handful of first team matches (cup, vs. low ranked teams) and then either loan him out or start playing him as a regular if he hasn't already.

Back