I spend hours trawling through youngsters looking for the next big thing. when i found Jon Hamre i thught i had hit the jackpot, he was a precocious teenage talent, picked up for peanuts. As you can see he completely dominated u18 football, 57 league goals in the u18s league. Unfortunately despite pretty succesful loan spells he hasnt made the step up yet. i have rooney, neymar, welbeck and macheda who are all young and hungry, so Hamre hasnt quite got his chance to get a run of games to show what he can do.

Domingo Gutierrez is currently battling with vidic and ferdinand to partner jonny evans in defence. he was a free transfer from barcelona who didnt really impress me too much ealry on. solid displays on loan and in the reserves, then an injury crisis last season meant i had jack rodwell and him as the only players aged over 16 who could paly CB, he was immense during his exteneded spell in the first team and has stayed there ever since.

Alfonso trotta was snatched from roma by chelsea as a 16 year old, hes a natural at left back and centre back, and an accomplished right back. he had one season with chelsea making a handful of league appearances and impressing me enough to swoop, god knows why chelsea only gave him a youth contract! hes best suited to left back imo and looks ideal to replace evra as he moves into his thirties.

these 3 may not make the step up to first team but certainly have the potential...

I'm liking the look of Andrea Alberti, especially at 16 years old.

Is there anyway to copy a regen from one game and put him in another? If he was created by the game, he must have a line of code somewhere right?

regens are generated randomly by the game based on (among many other things)

the reputation and ranking of the nation they are from
the reputation and facilities of the club they join as a youth player

this means poor african clubs will occasionaly generate a great player eg a toure or a drogba as the national team is quite successful.

the regens are not pre determined lines of code

brazil is in 30th place in my game and does that mean they wont create world class wonderkids

Got this guy from my youth setup. He is an Indian and looks promising for both country and club. I am an Indian and maybe thats why he came through my youth system
View attachment 22802

regens are generated randomly by the game based on (among many other things)

the reputation and ranking of the nation they are from
the reputation and facilities of the club they join as a youth player

this means poor african clubs will occasionaly generate a great player eg a toure or a drogba as the national team is quite successful.

the regens are not pre determined lines of code

But once they are created by the game, shouldnt there be some code of them somewhere? I'm sure you can edit them with the real time editor can't you?

@shankar, brazil still have a number of clubs with large reputations eg santos, palmerieas flamengo corinthians etc etc.

the nations ranking and the clubs reputation are just 2 factors that go towards making a regen. interesting to find someone else who has a file where its all gone wrong for brazil though. on my current game where the regens i just posted came from, brazil are 45th in the world.

is he dual nationality english/indian or just indian? very interesting nonetheless. looks a good prospect, needs work on his composure if he is to make it though...

@montanaro, i dont use any 3rd party tools to assist me within the game, eg scouting or editing tools. im not gonna have a go at you for cheating like some people do on here, its just my choice to play the game as inteneded. there may very well be a way to do that with the real time editor but i wouldnt know.

oh I don't do use it either. But I know the capabilities of the tool. You must be able to use the editor on a regen, so it must be accessing and editing the player from some line of code.

Now i am the brazil manager. went to their rescue:D

So far won all friendlies.

Ya he has dual nationality but now he went for a england under 19's call up and so probably wont play for india:'(

I am thinking about signing this player what do you guys think? I can sign him with no compensation being payed to Crewe he was $950 p/w

DeanoW13 - sorry but that's one of the most hideous skin i have ever seen on an FM game :)

Here are my regens... When i discovered them i almost danced :p

wow, did u use genie scout? how much where they bought for?

that guy dont look that promising but he can become a decent keeper i guess

My wonderkid :
ioos47.jpg

Have these fellas in my game.. all foreigners though... english regens are pretty poor

He may not be "World Class" or a Wonderkid. but, I grabbed him for $20,000. and I am a 3rd division Italian team. He has been improving an his value has gone up $80,000 in a few months. What do you think? btw, he is currently playing fr Portugal U19

moreira's value has risen to over $300,000 in around 5 weeks