This is my Southampton sqaud midway through my third season, finished third in the league last year.

View attachment 418224

How has Osvaldo been for you mate? Can't hit a barn door for me. Tried to sell him in summer of this season. No one would take him for ****** 100K!! Aaaarrrggghhh! Stuck with the guy now. I see you've signed a few players I considered, how are Gil Romero and Dier performing/developing?

My current squad (sorry in work, will post a screenshot later)

Everton 1st season

Gk - Howard, Joel
RB - Debuchy, Stones, Hibbert
LB - Baines, Oviedo
CB - Jagielka, Distin, Miranda

CM - Diame, McCarthy, Barry, Barkley, Osman
Wingers - Mirralas, Ince, Deulofeu, Perotti (loan) Afellay (loan)

Strikers - Lukaku, Kone, Defoe

Currently 2nd in the league, 2 points off Arsenal but with a game in hand (against the red ***** at Anfield) 3 games left in the league, hopefully I can pull it off.

Players sold included Coleman for ?12mill to Spurs, Pienaar to Leverkusen for ?2.5mill, Naismith for ?5mill.

Distin (probably player of the season) has decided to leave, he wouldn't sign a contract in Jan and has agreed to go to St Etienne

No free's agreed although got a couple in mind. Will need to strengthen the squad majorly in the summer with champions league football on the horizon.

I'll post up my new squad with Everton for the second season, doing pretty well after a 5th place finish and selling Mirallas for close to ?40m to Madrid.

4-2-2-2
Everton 2nd Season:

GK: Szczesny, Howard
LB: Baines
CB: Stones, Rever, Jagielka
RB: Coleman

CM: Gibson, Barkley, Romeu, Rabiot, Daehli, Ledson, McCarthy
AML: Di Maria, Januzaj
AMR: De Bruyne, Tello, Alvarez

ST: Werner, Damiao, Bennett (With Barbosa coming in for just under ?2m in January.)

View attachment 454889

How much did you get di maria for mate?

And how did you do first season?

Everton 2nd season

GK - ter Stegen, Howard
RB - Coleman , Stones
LB - Baines, Oviedo
CB - Jagielka, Balanta, Heitinga

DM - Obi Mikel (on loan), Heitinga
ML - Oviedo (playes really well), Pienaar
MC - Barkley, Honda, McCarthy, Gibson, Pienaar
MR - Oxlade-Chamberlain, Pienaar

ST - Jagielka, Bojan, Barbosa

Won the league first season with only 18 goals conceded using calamity's tactic

Last edited:
Short term: Benteke
Long term: Werner in my opinion, Mitrovic a good #2.

Giroud is banging them in so long term is what I am after as backup or replacement. What role would you play Werner and Mitrovic in. Should be selling the likes of Walcott, Podolski, Flamini, Diaby, Bendtnar and maybe even Cazorla so could have the money for both of these lads.

Giroud is banging them in so long term is what I am after as backup or replacement. What role would you play Werner and Mitrovic in. Should be selling the likes of Walcott, Podolski, Flamini, Diaby, Bendtnar and maybe even Cazorla so could have the money for both of these lads.

I haven't played with Mitrovic myself, so I can only advise on Werner. I played him one season as an AF, but he was only performing decent. So the next season I changed it to CF(S), and he performed much better. IIRC he had about 20 goals in the first 21 games. Sold him to Milan the following year after they made a bid of 62m.

How much did you get di maria for mate?

And how did you do first season?

?11m transfer listed by Madrid but he's on a massive wage, about 80k. Came 5th 1st season with minimal expenditure (Sold Jelavic to Monaco straight off for ?12m) I sold Heitinga though for ?3m to Napoli since he was a back up basically on 70k pw. Brought in Rever for 500k and on a quarter of those wages to replace him.

My advice is bid the values (or just under) of players with only a year left on their deals. You tend to get them EXTREMELY cheap. (On another Everton save I've just signed Menez and Akinfeev 1st Jan window for a combined 5m)

Southampton
3rd Season
Weak strike force I know. Got Gabriel Barbosa joining for ?13m in Jan. Will sell Osvaldo, guy has gone to s**t for some reason.
Squad just needs to stay together for a couple of years and it'll be formidable. Busby is a regen in case you were wondering.

View attachment 418729
I have Barbosa out on loan in my team & Vietto but i'm thinking about selling the both of them because I have two regen's who have ridiculous potential, Osvaldo has been hit & miss for me, 11 goals in the first season, 15 in the second, but a poor 3 goals so far this season, signing Rondon on a free transfer, how much did Marquinhos cost you? he's so good.

yeh i got rid of heitinga and pienaar as both were on big wages (and not great really)

i'll be on for a bit later so will have a lookout for players with a year left on their contract. i've got a couple of players in mind that i would like to add to the squad already

I have Barbosa out on loan in my team & Vietto but i'm thinking about selling the both of them because I have two regen's who have ridiculous potential, Osvaldo has been hit & miss for me, 11 goals in the first season, 15 in the second, but a poor 3 goals so far this season, signing Rondon on a free transfer, how much did Marquinhos cost you? he's so good.

Marquinhos was 30m start of second season. Deal was funded by the sale of Ramirez to City for 32m.
Shane Long is proving to be a good loan deal 7 in 12 so far, so I can't complain. Hopefully Barbosa can fire straight away, I need goals, struggling to put teams away. Lots of 1-0s and 1-1s.

Marquinhos was 30m start of second season. Deal was funded by the sale of Ramirez to City for 32m.
Shane Long is proving to be a good loan deal 7 in 12 so far, so I can't complain. Hopefully Barbosa can fire straight away, I need goals, struggling to put teams away. Lots of 1-0s and 1-1s.
I keep so many clean sheets but like you struggle with goals, only scored 33 in the league this season.

Manchester United. Half way through second season.

GK: David de Gea/Ben Amos
RB: Rafael/Regen
CB: Raphael Varane/Nemanja Vidic
CB: Phil Jones/Eder Alvarez Balanta
LB: David Alaba/Luke Shaw
CM: Marouane Fellaini/Leon Goretzka
CM: James Ward-Prowse/Michael Carrick
AMCR: Isco/Gaston Ramirez
AMC: Cesc Fabregas/Shinji Kagawa
AMCL: Wayne Rooney/Regen
ST: Robin van Persie​/Regen

Few updates on mine;

Players in - Nani (?9.5mill) Barbosa (?4.6mill) Doria (?8mill) Schurlle (loan) Capoue (loan) and hopefully getting leroy fer in and a couple of free transfers. Oh and two young loanees from monaco

Players out - Mirralas (?17.5mill) Duffy (?1.5mill) Gueye (?1.5) Vellios (?2mill)

Dortmund start of 2 season:
GK: Akinfeev ( Ter Stegen )
DL: Santon ( Shaw )
DC: Balanta ( Umtiti )
DC : Hummels ( Papastathopoulos )
DR: Chorchia ( Papastathopoulos)
MC: Gundogan ( Verratti )
MC: Bender ( Wanyama )
AMC: Mikitahian ( Hughes )
AML: Reus ( Vitinho,Brandt )
AMR: Iancu ( Januzaj )
ST: Mitrovic ( Wenter, Zivkovic )

Last edited:
Blackburn second season. I still haven't won a game, but it is a question of chemistry, rather than quality. Players listed in order of appearances.

GK: Jason Steele (?2.1m), Paul Robinson
RB: Jack Hunt (?4.7m), Adam Henley, Tony Hibbert (Free)
RCB: Scott Dann, Michael Keane (Free), Matthew Kigallon
LCB: Danny Wilson (?975k), Grant Hanley
LB: Jack Robinson (?3.3m), Tommy Spurr

RM: Ben Marshall, Jakob Ankersen (?650k), Jesse Lingard (Free)
DM/CM: Hassan Yebda (?1.4m), Jermain Jenas (Free), Alberto Zapater (Loan)
DM/CM: Steven Defour (?2.8m), Dickson Etuhu, Dan Gosling (Free), David Dunn
LM: Joshua King, Simao (Free), Fabio Nunes

ST: Ruben Rochina, Marcus Pedersen (Free)
ST: Andreas Cornelius (?8.25m), Will Keane (Free), David Goodwillie

Last edited:
Southampton squad - 2016/2017 Season

Here is my 2016/2017 Southampton squad, finished last season in 3rd place, Man Utd finishing 2nd on goal difference! Im proud that I still have 4 original Saints players in my starting lineup. Ward Prowse is becoming great, 19 in free kicks! Bought Barkley and Nkoulou this season. Teja is my regen beast, still young and getting better as well. Unfortunately Balanta wants to move, im not selling him unless I get 40m+. I also have Tim Krul in goal but hes out injured, Stapley is a regen im trying to improve.

A few screenshots of my best players and starting lineup.

View attachment 453555View attachment 453554View attachment 453553View attachment 453552

Chelsea, near end of second season:

GK: Courtois/ Cech
DL: Shaw/ Silva
DCL: Varane/ Balanta
DCR: Jones/ Terry
DR: Azpilicueta/ de Sciligo
MCL: Ramires/ Ward-Prowse
MCR: Bender/ Romero
AML: Hazard/ Bruma
AMC: Mata/ Oscar
AMR: Meyer/ Willian
ST: Lewandowski/ Lukaku

Also: Chaloba & Traore who fill the holes where ever needed, Lampard for tutoring/ home grown and Schurrle who's out 6 months.

Could use tips on even better players though, having a summer without transfers is less fun ;)

August 2014:
GK: Courtois/Cech
DL: Shaw/Cole
DC: Luiz/Terry
DC: Balanta/Mangala
DR: Azpilicueta/Peruzzi
DM: Strootman/Matuidi
MC: Oscar/Lampard
MC: De Bruyne/Ramires
AML: Schurlle/Willian/Jese
AMR: Hazard (would use him left, but I want inverted wingers on both sides)/Willian (Hopefully Berardi will take this spot)
STC: Lewandowski/Lukaku/Jese/Barbosa (will most likely go on Loan)