Shyftyy's 6-1-2-1-0 Counter football without Counter Strategy

Amazing tactic,

I finished 3rd in BPL with Swansea, first season.

Michu scored 36 goals in 46 apps!

Hi guys,

Great tactic btw Shyftyy!!!

Using your 6-1-2-1-0 v2 and having wonderful results. Only changing mentality according to odds:

Home not favourite = Defensive
Home favourite = Standard
Away not favourite = Defensive
Away favourite = Counter

Check the following results (100% fluid and assistant manger does the teamtalks):

View attachment 420240

Amazing tactic,

I finished 3rd in BPL with Swansea, first season.

Michu scored 36 goals in 46 apps!

Well done! Michu fits that role really well. 10 assists as well. Glad you enjoy the tactic!

Hi guys,

Great tactic btw Shyftyy!!!

Using your 6-1-2-1-0 v2 and having wonderful results. Only changing mentality according to odds:

Home not favourite = Defensive
Home favourite = Standard
Away not favourite = Defensive
Away favourite = Counter

Check the following results (100% fluid and assistant manger does the teamtalks):

View attachment 499545

Thank you sgaramis! Amazing results you have there!.

I have not tried anything else than standard. Did you find it was necessary to go defensive when there are so many players on their own half already?

Thank you sgaramis! Amazing results you have there!.

I have not tried anything else than standard. Did you find it was necessary to go defensive when there are so many players on their own half already?

He is playing Estoril and in 1st place!!! If he goes standart all the time he would be crushed by Benfica, Porto, Braga and Sporting of Lisbon!

Great job!

He is playing Estoril and in 1st place!!! If he goes standart all the time he would be crushed by Benfica, Porto, Braga and Sporting of Lisbon!

Great job!

Yes, amazing. Didn't mean to say he should switch to standard but more if he noticed a clear difference in playing style :)

What I said before! V2 is an amazing tactic!! I play with Feyenoord! Screens:

what about complete wing back instead of wing back ???

what about complete wing back instead of wing back ???

.I didn't want to set them to CWB since their first choice is then to attack and felt this may compromise the defense.With WB I feel it gives just the right the right mix of offense and defense. I haven't tested it but feel free to give it a go if you want :)

It is not possible that the full-backs are wrong all those goals, make me nervous XD

Finished my own season with Newcastle utd.

Media prediction: 8th

Won the EPL and the Capital one Cup.

View attachment 419981

Individual awards:

View attachment 419977

I received some comments that the tactic was weak against corners but I only conceded 5 over the duration of the entire season

View attachment 419976

Things to work on for V3

- Correct mistake in BPD cover who is now set to close down more. This obviously needs to move to the BPD Stopper.
- Improve Defense against Indirect Free Kicks. Not sure if this is down to the players I have or the actual set-up

View attachment 419975

- Optimise crossing setting , now set to far post with drill crosses. Currently testing with near post for the FB's and Far post for the WBs as tjhey are closer to the goal.

- Check and improve setting for throw-ins from the right side as apparently I have 3 people on the near post there.

EDIT: also need to improve player filters for other positions than BBM, SS and HB

With a full season in full manager mode now played and all the magnificent feedback I received from you guys (thank you so much) , I consider this tactic to be properly tested and working so I will update the main post to reflect this.

Thank you all again for the support and I hope you keep enjoying it as much as I have. I will now play this in LLM to see how it holds up there.

Last edited:
No, that is the proper testing results write-up of the V2 that is available for download now. This will simply be a more in depth description of what I just posted above. the V2 is in the section called download link and most results in this thread are using that one.