Shyftyy's 6-1-2-1-0 Counter football without Counter Strategy

Hi Shyfyy,

I made some tweaks. Can I post here?

I like the formation with 3 CD, 2 WB, 3 CM and 2 ST...

It?s a Nezza6969 tweak with this formation.

I'm having really good results.

Yes, you may but I don't think I will update the main post with all the tweaks. It's turning into a full time job to update that post working on v3 already and it may get a bit confusing then :)

Yes, you may but I don't think I will update the main post with all the tweaks. It's turning into a full time job to update that post working on v3 already and it may get a bit confusing then :)

No problem mate...

No problem mate...

My first response came out a bit harsher than I intended. - Just put your tactic in here with the description - is where I should have stopped typing. Sorry :)

Last edited:
How are people having good results with this compared to romians tactic? I might be able to win a match if I'm lucky, only to lose the next one. It's incredibly boring to play with so many defenders aswell.

Last edited:
I have to say that your original tactic is much better than mine.

Actually, miles ahead from mine...

I don't like a formation without ST but i'll have to change my mind.

Congrats, you made a terrific tactic!!

I have to say that your original tactic is much better than mine.

Actually, miles ahead from mine...

I don't like a formation without ST but i'll have to change my mind.

Congrats, you made a terrific tactic!!

Thank you Nandus. Appreciate the kind words!

How are people having good results with this compared to romians tactic? I might be able to win a match if I'm lucky, only to lose the next one. It's incredibly boring to play with so many defenders aswell.

Is this a legitimate question or are you stating an opinion? If it's a question I'll try to help, if it's an opinion no-one is forcing you to play it?

Last edited:
Pretty unattractive formation, but with some changes could be very interesting tactic...maybe tactic of the year.

I would change wingbacks to wide midfielders, probably wouldnt effect too much, but would be beneficial to use wingers in that position instead of defenders.

Overall, pretty awesome tactic.

Thanks Diavolo,

I agree that the formation does not look overly exciting but it's hard to argue with the results. My concern with moving the WB's up a line is that the opposition would possibly not come forward as much but you may be right. Feel free to tweak it if you want! :)

Shyftyy - Thinking of starting a game with this formation. Few pages back you said that player filters and formation might be changed a bit. What were you thinking of changing on the player filters out of interest?

Pretty unattractive formation, but with some changes could be very interesting tactic...maybe tactic of the year.

I would change wingbacks to wide midfielders, probably wouldnt effect too much, but would be beneficial to use wingers in that position instead of defenders.

Overall, pretty awesome tactic.

Mids instead of WBs is a great idea, and you can change the SS to a F9.

If works, some SS would be great! Good luck