Shyftyy's 6-1-2-1-0 Counter football without Counter Strategy

Hello, Where is the updated tactic? The final version in post 1 is a old one (HB not set shoot often)

No clue what happened there but it should be fixed now. Can you try again please?

Last edited:
Hi Shyftyy,

Have you ever tried moving the WB's up to the midfield area as a DW or WM?

Shyftyy, what tweaks are you working on?

I've used Nezza's and added the BPD (Cover), and taken off the shots on the HB and it's working very well.

Last 16 games I've won 14, drawn 1 and lost 1 - scoring 48 and conceding 7, going from 6th to 3rd and chasing the top spot.

Hey Domk,

In other tactics, yes but not in this one. I kinda like 2 man defending the players who wants to send a cross into my goal but give it a go if you think it will be better:)

Shyftyy, what tweaks are you working on?

I've used Nezza's and added the BPD (Cover), and taken off the shots on the HB and it's working very well.

Last 16 games I've won 14, drawn 1 and lost 1 - scoring 48 and conceding 7, going from 6th to 3rd and chasing the top spot.

Hey Mike, Not so many tweaks at the moment. I think I found a mistake in the setting where the BPD Cover is set to close down more and the BPD Stopper isn't which is what I am checking now. Other than that is as in v2 with the updates in post 1.

edit: I may have some moral problems coming since Barcelona and Dortmund just offered 11,5M euro for Santon

Solid in first place in the league atm

Last edited:
What match training are you guys using during season?

I've set it to general training: Balanced at average intensity: Match training I switch between teamwork and Attacking movement

The scheduling bar at 20%

You just reminded me that I need to improve the write-up on this. Hope to get that done today.

sorry, I noticed that the backs have "cross to the far post," and in the instruction team is "cross claim" you should not put "soft cross"?

sorry, I noticed that the backs have "cross to the far post," and in the instruction team is "cross claim" you should not put "soft cross"?

Thanks, I will check. I always think that with the relatively small people going forward, BBMs etc. I prefer to drill the crosses. If I float them the taller defenders might have an easier time. However, if they are set to drill they should be aimed at the near post not the far.

why 3 players are near post when right throw in?
Thanks, I will check. I always think that with the relatively small people going forward, BBMs etc. I prefer to drill the crosses. If I float them the taller defenders might have an easier time. However, if they are set to drill they should be aimed at the near post not the far.

Not sure Hispline. As I said I am horrible at set pieces so I took the corners and Freekicks from Jassar's excellent threads. I could not find anything there on throw in's though and may have rushed through them.

Thanks for letting me know though. I will take a closer look to improve the throw ins.

Last edited:
I'll try this out, is the 7-1-2 by Nezza sharper or should I go with the V2?

I'll try this out, is the 7-1-2 by Nezza sharper or should I go with the V2?

Discussion ongoing, someone said it was better, someone else said it was worse. I haven't tested it at all since I am working on my own first season. Give it a go and see which you like best :) Thanks for giving it a go though!

View attachment 420571

After months of trying to design my own tactics and downloading tactics it appears i finally have one that works, cheers Shyftyy! using the original tactic with the HB tweak you mentioned (tactic used from red line)

A good run of results with hardly any goals conceded.

its interesting that the tactics that work are ones that a real life FM would never use haha! keep up the good work !

Great results Mickeylad! Glad you enjoy it!

It is interesting but, to me, I guess that's also the part of the fun coming up with these 'out of the box' tactics :)

I've finished my 1st season now - last half of the season I used Nezza's tweak. More than convinced if I'd of used that since the start I'd of won the league! Ended up finishing 2nd and got the the Semi Final of the F.A cup!

I think the 2 SS's are the difference with scoring a few more goals which on most occasion is the difference between drawing and winning.

its interesting that the tactics that work are ones that a real life FM would never use haha! keep up the good work !

I have to disagree on this one.

This is actually as teams play is most of the countries. The roles aren't the same, but the way you play is! You can hardly put strikers behind the line of the ball and IRL that happens a lot! Also, waiting for a flaw in a high d-line is how Mourinho's Madrid won against Barca.

Smaller teams also use this system a lot for 2 reasons, the same that we use to play FM: 1st, to not get caught in the back, 2nd, to surprise the other team with fast counters with pacey players.

Ofc im talking about continental football, not British one.

I think the 2 SS's are the difference with scoring a few more goals which on most occasion is the difference between drawing and winning.

Youi have 3 tactic slots, so you can use both tactics and sue the one best suited to the opponent you're dealing.