Shyftyy's 6-1-2-1-0 Counter football without Counter Strategy

Could you try one thing? Set corners to mixed and put 2 center backs and the HB at 1st corner, challenge keeper and 2nd post.

Put WBs and FBs back and the rest attack. I've found that the goal scoring from corners can increase to 1 per game!!!!!

View attachment 419070

Do you mean like this? (Fram?t=Go Forward, L?p mot fr?mre=Attack near post, L?p mot bortre=Attack far post, Utmana m?lvakt= Challenge keeper, Varierat=Mixed)

Been playing 3 games, so far 1 coner goal. The tactic almost backfired in the latest game since I didn't have anyone at the back. Their forward had a open highway to my goalie and scored. Luckily my midfielder took back the lead with an impressive shot! Will try it for a bit longer, it hasn't been better than the previously setup, but neither has it been worse.View attachment 419041

Last edited:
if I have to create do not need you to do me a screenshoot :) just tell me the name of the folder, and I do, quiet! and thanks :)

HI Andy,Sorry for the late reply.

This is the folder that you need to have: Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\filters

Hey, Shyftyy, nice tactic, but something has to be done with central defenders, sometimes they leave holes in defence.

Hey, Shyftyy, nice tactic, but something has to be done with central defenders, sometimes they leave holes in defence.

Thank Timych! Appreciate the kind words.

What team are you playing with and do you have any examples of when this happens, for example like through balls or long balls over the top?

Last edited:
I tried with diffrent teams, but yes usually this happens with lower league teams. Defs got caught when they try to press and there's a gap between them and HB, then through ball between them.

I tried with diffrent teams, but yes usually this happens with lower league teams. Defs got caught when they try to press and there's a gap between them and HB, then through ball between them.

Ok, the BPD setting may be bit much for Lower Leage teams. I can see if I can run some tests. Thank you again

Just thought I'd give an update on how a new save as Newcastle is going for me - I'm using Nezza's tweak where he placed a B2B Mid as another SS to give it more potency in attack.

I'm in February now and this is where I stand:

View attachment 418847

Take a look at the winning streak I'm on:

View attachment 418845

This is in an updated database with no Cabaye either, so I'm doing remarkably well. I signed a few players for cover in the Fullbacks etc.

I added the BPD & Half Back tweak you mentioned into Nezza's tweak meaning the only difference is the extra SS.

Just love the tactic and how it plays - so well done!

Just thought I'd give an update on how a new save as Newcastle is going for me - I'm using Nezza's tweak where he placed a B2B Mid as another SS to give it more potency in attack.

View attachment 502571

View attachment 502575

This is in an updated database with no Cabaye either, so I'm doing remarkably well. I signed a few players for cover in the Fullbacks etc.

I added the BPD & Half Back tweak you mentioned into Nezza's tweak meaning the only difference is the extra SS.

Thanks Mike! Happy it worked out for you in the end. It's very nice to see people appreciate all the hard work put into it and to a lesser extent inspire people to make tweaks and discuss. Getting some fantastic feedback lately so I must say I am quite proud :)

View attachment 502571

View attachment 502575

May be I miss something here. What BPL & Half Back tweak?

May be I miss something here. What BPL & Half Back tweak?

Those tweaks are built into v2 (the link that is now available for download) already. It was to change the cd d into a BPD Cover and set the halfback to shoot less often.

Working on an LLM version now since I got some comments regarding the defense at that level so I figured I would go straight against Arsenal and lost unfortunately but look at the CCCs and yes, they brought their first team. Is Accrington low enough for LLM testing by the way?

View attachment 418803

I gave your tactic a go earlier today, took over the tottenham job at the end of the first season, and so far in the 2nd season, i've played 14, won 12 drew 2. so this tactic is looking really good.
I did sign a few players to fit into this tactic, I did notice i conceded a few sloppy goals from balls over the top and my CB's we're left for dead and nowhere to be seen.
this normally happened when we we're on the attack and lost the ball in the last 3rd.

Do it so far. ou change something Home and Away Andy? Because im busy with arsenal 2 but don't really going well for me :D

I gave your tactic a go earlier today, took over the tottenham job at the end of the first season, and so far in the 2nd season, i've played 14, won 12 drew 2. so this tactic is looking really good.
I did sign a few players to fit into this tactic, I did notice i conceded a few sloppy goals from balls over the top and my CB's we're left for dead and nowhere to be seen.
this normally happened when we we're on the attack and lost the ball in the last 3rd.

Thank you! Glad you enjoy it so far. Appreciate the feedback. I am testing the defense as we speak. It probably has to do with the push up of the team and close down more setting on the stopper defender but not 100% sure yet. i will keep you all updated when i beleive i have a fix!