Shyftyy's 6-1-2-1-0 Counter football without Counter Strategy

Just thought I'd give an update on how a new save as Newcastle is going for me - I'm using Nezza's tweak where he placed a B2B Mid as another SS to give it more potency in attack.

I'm in February now and this is where I stand:

View attachment 502571

Take a look at the winning streak I'm on:

View attachment 502575

This is in an updated database with no Cabaye either, so I'm doing remarkably well. I signed a few players for cover in the Fullbacks etc.

I added the BPD & Half Back tweak you mentioned into Nezza's tweak meaning the only difference is the extra SS.

Just love the tactic and how it plays - so well done!

Did you ever change mentality?

Did you ever change mentality?

No, I had good results with just Standard. However, Sgaramis in this thread is playing with Estoril in the Portuguese league and managed to take the #1 spot by changing mentality.

Hi guys,

Great tactic btw Shyftyy!!!

Using your 6-1-2-1-0 v2 and having wonderful results. Only changing mentality according to odds:

Home not favourite = Defensive
Home favourite = Standard
Away not favourite = Defensive
Away favourite = Counter

Check the following results (100% fluid and assistant manger does the teamtalks):

View attachment 499545

Im feeling abit puzzled about the corner tip from apvmoreira. Im scoring a bit more, but also conceding a lot more goals directly due to the new corner setup. Since noone is at the back, their forward is all alone have a open highway against my goalie, Not very optimal. Perhaps keeping 1/2 fullbacks at the back might solve the problem? Or is it better to go back to Jassars corner setup?

View attachment 418656View attachment 418655

He said it was just an idea. I like Jassar's but that's my preference. You can give it a go with the 2 FBs staying back but only if you want to test it.

So far having brought in two back up players with Preston i have Played 9 Won 6 and Drawn 3 in the league, im very happy with that. I do tend to concede through the middle as someone else has reported.

Glad to hear you're happy with it. Trying to resolve the long balls/through balls issue now with Accrington but it's hard to tell if something works because the keeper makes sooo many mistakes. Not really sure what the best way to go about testing for the lower league is.

Last edited:
I think it might be something thats not easily fixed because its just lower league centre backs that might not be up to it.

I think it might be something thats not easily fixed because its just lower league centre backs that might not be up to it.

Could be but it happens sometimes at EPL level as well so it's something in the tactic. I'll just try a higher league for testing purposes. I do have a sneaky feeling it's something that if fixed comes at the expense of CCC's so then we will need to see if it's worth it.

Mike uses my v2, but as in the Nezza tweak, he replaced one of the BBMs with an additional Shadow Striker :)

Don't know if it's exactly the same, but just used V2 with 2 SS and only 1 center BBM, mirrored the other SS instructions, and WOW! Amazing tactic!

Yes, it is exactly the same :)

I'll give it a quick test myself :D

Last edited:
going to give this a blast with my barnsley save 2nd season see how it goes

I prefer the double BBM. It just gives me a more secure feeling but that can also be because of all the testing I have been doing with that set-up for v1 and v2. So I have no proof that one is better than the other. Only my personal preference :)

man you need to show SI this tactic, this shows how broken their game is, 5+ cccs a game and the opposition consistently having 0 and so many 1-1 draws this has to be one of the most frustrating tactics ever, because it works...... but then oh shock a corner you draw 1-1 stupid patch!

Last 4 games with Norwich I drew 4 games three 1-1s and one 2-2, inbetween these results I beat Dortmund 4-0 at home....

Last edited: