Shyftyy's 6-1-2-1-0 Counter football without Counter Strategy

shyftyys do u think its key to have attacking midfielders as box to box midfielders ?

I'm trying this in my san marino save. First few games have't been too bad really considering they are still learning the tactics.

shyftyys do u think its key to have attacking midfielders as box to box midfielders ?

I think so as they provide balance and that extra bit of defense but if you think you can improve it in anyway that by all means go ahead and tweak the **** out of it :D

what about teamtalks? do u leave them to *** manager ?
I think so as they provide balance and that extra bit of defense but if you think you can improve it in anyway that by all means go ahead and tweak the **** out of it :D

what about teamtalks? do u leave them to *** manager ?

Actually no, I follow raikan's guide on this and perhaps I should do a write-up on it. With Newcastle I got aggressive during half time no matter if it was a draw or I was down.

Obviously if I was leading then I would be assertive or passionate and tell them we were doing well but could do better.

Raikan's guide can be found here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...amtalk-guide-fm14-how-get-right-reaction.html

Last edited:
yeah pal I think that's where in going wrong with this tactic, going to start doing teamtalks myself
Actually no, I follow raikan's guide on this and perhaps I should do a write-up on it. With Newcastle I got aggressive during half time no matter if it was a draw or I was down.

Obviously if I was leading then I would be assertive or passionate and tell them we were doing well but could do better.

Raikan's guide is a sticky in the tactics forum I believe.

yeah pal I think that's where in going wrong with this tactic, going to start doing teamtalks myself

I would recommend anyone to do it themselves. The assistants are much too nice and you gain so much during the pre-match talks when all those bars go green.

Had 10 CCCs in one game only one 2-0..... crazy!

Mitrovic retrained as a CAM and SS

B2B helps being an attacking player, everything is static with a defensive one used Enriquez and Bertolacci and Bertolacci was much better!

Had 10 CCCs in one game only one 2-0..... crazy!

Mitrovic retrained as a CAM and SS

B2B helps being an attacking player, everything is static with a defensive one used Enriquez and Bertolacci and Bertolacci was much better!

Are you saying you tweaked the tactic? I am not 100% sure what you mean. Sorry :)

Are you saying you tweaked the tactic? I am not 100% sure what you mean. Sorry :)

i think he is trying to say that with a attacking player on the BBM position works better then a defensive player.

I concede way too many goals. Mainly all from set pieces. Haven't really been reading through the thread if it is a common problem or not.

Not really, I only conceded 5 corners in the season for example but that was with Newcastle. Feel free to tweak them any way you like.

so i have finished my first season with my new tweaks.

here are some screenshots of the results:

View attachment 417931 won the league with 29 points.
View attachment 417930ozil, wilshire and carzola did it for me.
View attachment 417929 most of the goals conceded from setpieces :( (still working on that)
View attachment 417928View attachment 417927View attachment 417926View attachment 417925 some fixtures
View attachment 417924View attachment 417923View attachment 417922 some match statistics

wil be going in second season this afternoon.
hoping to see the same or maybe better results.
and work on the defensive setpieces.

so i have finished my first season with my new tweaks.

here are some screenshots of the results:

View attachment 504631 won the league with 29 points.
View attachment 504633ozil, wilshire and carzola did it for me.
View attachment 504634 most of the goals conceded from setpieces :( (still working on that)
View attachment 504637View attachment 504640View attachment 504642View attachment 504644 some fixtures
View attachment 504646View attachment 504648View attachment 504651 some match statistics

wil be going in second season this afternoon.
hoping to see the same or maybe better results.
and work on the defensive setpieces.
uses the finalv2?

I concede way too many goals. Mainly all from set pieces. Haven't really been reading through the thread if it is a common problem or not.

As someone said in SI forum, it seems that if you set the defensive corner settings no default, things improve a lot. I've tried it myself with great sucess!

As someone said in SI forum, it seems that if you set the defensive corner settings no default, things improve a lot. I've tried it myself with great sucess!

I actually playing a fast test with West Ham with the final V2 (only 1 Shadow Striker) with the default defensive corner settings, and results have been fantastic. Will post some SS later. With the original tactics settings you do suffer a lot from corners, mainly if you have short players!

Last edited: