Shyftyy's 6-1-2-1-0 Counter football without Counter Strategy

I actually playing a fast test with West Ham with the final V2 (only 1 Shadow Striker) with the default defensive corner settings, and results have been fantastic. Will post some SS later. With the original tactics settings you do suffer a lot from corners, mainly if you have short players!

Good stuff! Thank you for this!

VS strong team, what do we need to change? Standard to counter? D=line if any?

I never change anything but sgaramis who won the portueguese league with Estoril did the following:

Home not favourite = Defensive
Home favourite = Standard
Away not favourite = Defensive
Away favourite = Counter

Used final V2 (one shadow striker) with default defensive corner settings (simply removed the settings made by shyftyy and left it unticked). Default West ham players no subs during match unless forced.
Unable to say if suffered more or less from corners. But conceeded less in general than in any other test I've made with this tactic.

Thanks for this! I will give it a test as well when I am back home from work.

View attachment 504790View attachment 504792View attachment 504793View attachment 504796

Used final V2 (one shadow striker) with default defensive corner settings (simply removed the settings made by shyftyy and left it unticked). Default West ham players no subs during match unless forced.
Unable to say if suffered more or less from corners. But conceeded less in general than in any other test I've made with this tactic.

did you set ur setpieces to default or untick all players?

I think so as they provide balance and that extra bit of defense but if you think you can improve it in anyway that by all means go ahead and tweak the **** out of it :D

Shyftyy: Just to clarify, do you mean using natural AMCs as box to box players, or just attacking oriented natural MCs with high off the ball movement?

btw. love your tactic, brought back the fun in FM14 for me:)

Shyftyy: Just to clarify, do you mean using natural AMCs as box to box players, or just attacking oriented natural MCs with high off the ball movement?

btw. love your tactic, brought back the fun in FM14 for me:)

Thank you Milos! Glad you enjoy it.

I believe this answer was regarding a question if the Box to Box midfielders had to be BBMs or if they could be changed to Central Midfielders with Attack duty. I prefer the BBM's to be allround as much as possible since besides the attacking they also do a lot of the pressing. Southmaption has some good BBM's in Ward-Prose and Schneiderlin, those are the type of players I prefer.

You can also just import the player filter I have put up for the BBM's in the first post

Team: Beşiktaş
Year: 2017-2018

Bate borisov match since I started. Here are the results:

http://

what is rar 13?

can you upload all tactics/tweaks you've done and explain in detail please?

you have had the best results of anyone, thanks

rara 13 is Dinjesk's tweak. He's uploaded one which is in the first post but I don't think he released the new one yet.

Last edited:
rara 13 is Dinjesk's tweak. He's uploaded one which is in the first post but I don't think he released the new one yet.

the new one will be released soon.

now testing second season and the default setpieces settings.
if they turn out well, i will release it!

I'll re-release v2 with default defensive settings then. How are the offensive ones or should they be reset as well?

the offensive one scores.
some fases of the season more and some fases less.
will test also set them to default for my second season testing.
see how that's works

Started a new game with Fortuna Sittard in the Dutch second division to test this tactic. I am really impressed, you create alot of CCC's and my strikers actually are scoring more of there big chances in this tactic compared to others. Sitting first in the league after 15 games--> won 12, draw 2 and lost 1. The match that i lost i got plenty of chances but well they scored there 3 shots on goals.

I lost in the cup though due to this stupid ME with 2 own goals from corners and a big mistake from the goalkeeper aswell. In my opinion Jassar defensive corner settings worked well with some other tactics I used but most goals I concede are from corners now.

Excellent tactic and great football! Sad you still loose sometimes because of the first touch bug, the insane amount of corner goals or stupid mistakes from your goalkeeper. Looking forward if this rocks even more when they will fix those annoying bugs in the next patch ;)