Shyftyy's 6-1-2-1-0 Counter football without Counter Strategy

Thanks,mate
A middle team will attract more interests for this tweak tactic.

Following your sugestion started a fast test-save with WEST HAM using 1 SS 2 WM.tac.
It's a fast test so:
No subs, unless forced, and always ask my AM to pick the team before every match.
No signings. Use original team.
Never change mentality, or tweak the tactic.

Just starting but what a start:
View attachment 414343View attachment 414342

Last edited:
Hi,how is it going on?

Things to work on for V3
- Correct mistake in BPD cover who is now set to close down more. This obviously needs to move to the BPD Stopper.
- Improve Defense against Indirect Free Kicks. Not sure if this is down to the players I have or the actual set-up
- Optimise crossing setting , now set to far post with drill crosses. Currently testing with near post for the FB's and Far post for the WBs as tjhey are closer to the goal.
- Check and improve setting for throw-ins from the right side as apparently I have 3 people on the near post there.

Since it's based on the original I would assume the match prep from the first post would still be valid.

Hi,how is it going on?

Things to work on for V3
- Correct mistake in BPD cover who is now set to close down more. This obviously needs to move to the BPD Stopper.
- Improve Defense against Indirect Free Kicks. Not sure if this is down to the players I have or the actual set-up
- Optimise crossing setting , now set to far post with drill crosses. Currently testing with near post for the FB's and Far post for the WBs as tjhey are closer to the goal.
- Check and improve setting for throw-ins from the right side as apparently I have 3 people on the near post there.

Work in progress. Getting a new pc today so hopefully get to do a bit more testing.

I am currently prioritising the defense against the troughball/long ball over the top which is going nicely but need some conclusive proof. My issue here is that if I test it with a low level team I get goals against in other ways, testing with a strong team will not be accepted by the community.

2.1 has reset the free kick defense to default and seems to going fine.

Optimise cross settings I think I have solved but this requires a bit more testing as well.

I have not done anything on the throw ins from the right side as that's an easy fix but the wrong set-up is still in v2.1

what is the diference between final V2 and final V2.1 ????

what is the diference between final V2 and final V2.1 ????

As it says in the main post: After some research by DiMartino and the good folks at the SI forum, he found out that, with the current (bugged) defensive setpieces, the default version is actually the best. Therefore the latest tactic is now v2.1 which is exactly the same as v2 except that the defending corners and freekicks have been reset to the default value. :)

Shyftyy, I've got a problem, mate :(
Managing Wealing in Skrill Premier.
Got smashed in 5 last games and lost the chances for play-off promotion
We started conceding from corners & free kicks. I changed match prep to def.positioning - and we stopped scroing. After changing to Team Work we start conceeding goals froum counter attacks and long shots. So any type of changing match preps was useless :( we lost 3-4, 0-1, 1-2... And it spoiled my good season with ur tactic :(
any hints for such a case?
Thnks in advance

p.s. general training was "balaced" average.

Shyftyy, I've got a problem, mate :(
Managing Wealing in Skrill Premier.
Got smashed in 5 last games and lost the chances for play-off promotion
We started conceding from corners & free kicks. I changed match prep to def.positioning - and we stopped scroing. After changing to Team Work we start conceeding goals froum counter attacks and long shots. So any type of changing match preps was useless :( we lost 3-4, 0-1, 1-2... And it spoiled my good season with ur tactic :(
any hints for such a case?
Thnks in advance

p.s. general training was "balaced" average.

Not 100% sure, I will need to do some testing. Try doing what Sgaramis did with his Estoril test in the portuguese league. I've put his instructions in the LLM section in the main posts but I can't promise this will work at the level you are playing now.

Thank u in advance!
The potential of this tacic is obvious
Shame I couldn't afford players of the level needed to perfom at 100%
but if u start as unemployed, there's no big area for improvement

Not 100% sure, I will need to do some testing. Try doing what Sgaramis did with his Estoril test in the portuguese league. I've put his instructions in the LLM section in the main posts but I can't promise this will work at the level you are playing now.

Oh also, try changing the BPD Cover to CD Cover and the Ball Playing Defender to CD Defend without changing the player instructions. At that level I doubt that the defenders will be able to send a splitting throughball anyway.

Thank u in advance!
The potential of this tacic is obvious
Shame I couldn't afford players of the level needed to perfom at 100%
but if u start as unemployed, there's no big area for improvement

No, that is true and I have not done a real test at LLM level. Earlier I just did some games with Vauxhall in which I beat Hibernian and almost drew against Arsenal(even had 3 CCCs vs their 1) without changing anything. I am at work now so I can't really provide in depth answers, sorry :(

tried di marts tweak and is very good but played high d line against Notts forrest away from home and was being smashed 2-0 then dropped deeper won 4-2 last two games tried drop deeper won 5-1 away from home and 3-0 at home won the league with Norwich 3 seasons in

Been experimenting some more, now with WBA. Using 1 SS 2 WM.tac but with BALANCED FLUIDITY:
View attachment 414105

Obviously will test it in more matches, but I'm finding the team is more disciplined on the field under balanced fluidity! Better defense still good attack. Might work for every version of this tactics....