Shortly after we claimed the League Cup some interesting development at Pittodrie...

View attachment 59323

A dismal start to the season which saw them as low as 9th ultimately cost McInnes his job. He leaves with Aberdeen in 6th, closer to the relegation zone than their expected 3rd place finish.

View attachment 59320

I've only been at St Mirren 6 months after waiting almost 2 years to even get the job. My name wasn't mentioned by the media as a candidate for the job which was strange given they have linked me with almost every Scottish vacancy for 2 seasons.

Nevertheless, I sent across my CV...

View attachment 59322
SUCCESS!

The Fergie era begins...

I leave St Mirren earlier than expected but with them top of the table and League Cup holders I think it is time. Who knows when the Aberdeen job would become available again..

View attachment 59321

FERGIE PROFILE @ ABERDEEN

View attachment 59313

The real Sir Alex spent almost 4 years at St Mirren winning a Scottish Championship along the way. I spend only 6 months here but win a League Cup and leave them 9 points clear at the top of the Championship.

Despite being in charge for only 29 games I leave with an impressive 76% win rate. Fergie was only 44%.

It took him 186 games to get to Aberdeen with a 48% win rate. I'm here after 167 games and a 56% win rate.

Aberdeen

One Fergie is already a legend here. Can I add my name to that list?

View attachment 59309

- Best Players -

View attachment 59312

View attachment 59311

View attachment 59310

Some decent players in the squad but we are definitely lacking in some areas namely goalkeeper and defence. With around £2.5m to spend I may get cracking ahead of the January window once I get the backroom staff sorted.

I think I will break my current transfer record of £16,250 ;)

Good luck with Aberdeen getting the Man Utd job from being a Manager in Scotland is surely going to be the toughest part of the save good luck

STRENGTHENING THE SQUAD

THE BEGINNING

View attachment 59250

We've had a good start to life at Aberdeen becoming the team to watch with goals flowing at both end of the pitch. The defence seemed to gel a bit better towards the end of the period. Still an area that needs strengthening (ie adding pace).

We are only 3 points off 2nd place - it waas 10 when I took over. However its that tight around here that we are also only 2 points away from 8th. Squeaky *** time.

View attachment 59249

View attachment 59248

SCOTTISH CUP

After winning the League Cup this season with St Mirren I had one eye on the Scottish Cup with Aberdeen.

Unfortunately our dodgy defence costs us as we exit the competition after a double header against old foes Rangers

View attachment 59246

View attachment 59247

2021/22 - Aberdeen

View attachment 59240

We end the season well and end up exceeding the pre-season expectations of a 3rd place finish despite the poor start under Derek McInnes which obviously cost him his job.

A 2nd place finish sees us have a opportunity at representing Scotland in the Champions League!

Of course the expectations are low. A decent run through the qualifying rounds will do and some extra revenue the further we can get in it is much needed to improve the playing squad.

View attachment 59237

View attachment 59239

Elsewhere..

We will be joined by St Mirren in the Premier League next year. However, East Stirlingshire end up relegated via the playoffs and drop down to League Two.

View attachment 59238

2022/23 Summer Window

Some good news for the league as a whole.

View attachment 59228

EARLY SIGNINGS
View attachment 59231

View attachment 59230

View attachment 59229

Slattery and Declan Rice are terrific Bosman signings (had to do a fair bit of convincing with Rice to get him to sign). Hayward arrives on loan Everton and should score a lot of goals in the SPL.

We are allowed 4 loan signings a season. How I use the other 3 spots will be vital. At the lower rep clubs loan moves can make or break a season.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE PLAYOFFS

First up are Dutch side FC Utrecht. The draw could have been kinder.

View attachment 59227

View attachment 59226

A rollercoaster of a 1st leg saw us eventually come away with a win and probably more importantly 4 away goals. The second leg was much more routine as we eased into the next round with Russian giants Zenit standing between us and the lucrative Champions League Group Stages..

ZENIT

View attachment 59224

View attachment 59225

HOLY SMOKES!! The Champions League!!

Two late goals see us eventually overcome the Russian giants. Little old Aberdeen in the big league now.

The draw as you would expect is shockingly difficult but the money and prestige we will get is worth it as we aim to finish the group stages on anything other than 6 straight defeats!

View attachment 59222

View attachment 59223

FLYING START TO THE SEASON

View attachment 59221

View attachment 59218

Some great football being played! Can it last??

I doubt it. We never prepared to be in the UCL Group Stages so our small squad will be tested to the max. Also, the financial gains from this won't be made available until January at the earliest. If we can stay within touching distance of Celtic by the winter window perhaps we can spend some of the UCL money on some quality players.

Elsewhere, I seen a news article about a Man Utd youngster becoming the clubs all time youngest player.

View attachment 59220

He must be good I said.

Well..

He's much better than that!!

View attachment 59219

Hopefully he is still there by the time I get to Old Trafford

MID-WAY THROUGH THE UCL

View attachment 59212

View attachment 59214

View attachment 59213

View attachment 59217

Well we've got 4 more points than I expected!! What a win at the famous San Siro as well.

This hasn't gone unnoticed either as both Crystal Palace and Swansea have offered me jobs.

However, as expected, the domestic form has took a bit of a hit as we juggle Champions League football.

View attachment 59216

An early exit from the League Cup means I personally won't be retaining it and Celtic take their customary place at the top of the league back.

View attachment 59215

Last edited:
UCL CONCLUSION

View attachment 59174

View attachment 59172

View attachment 59171

Milan returned the favour and hammered us 3-0 which ended our magical campaign.

Four more points than I expected to be honest and we have £15m in the bank for our troubles. Training and Youth facilities are being improved and we will use whatever transfer funds are given to us to improve the squad and make UCL group stages the norm rather than a one-off

View attachment 59175

JANUARY 1ST 2023

View attachment 59161

Our exit from Europe allowed us to concentrate on the domestic league and we have produced more consistent results.

View attachment 59162

We are staying on the coattails of Celtic but more noteably we miles ahead of Rangers and the rest. The real Fergie broke the stranglehold of the Old Firm when he was in charge of Aberdeen. It looks like I have brushed Rangers aside already but we will have much more to do to topple Celtic.

The Champions League money has not been passed down to our transfer budget yet so it was a quiet January window. We got rid of an old, slow centre back for £750k and replaced him with a young pacey centre back for £400k

View attachment 59160

View attachment 59159

TOP OF THE LEAGUE

View attachment 59141

View attachment 59138

We are absolutely flying at the moment with 12 straight wins including progressing to the semi final of the Scottish Cup. However, more importantly, we have capitalised on a slight hiccup by Celtic and top the table on goal difference.

We play Celtic at home in a few games time. A possible title decider??

View attachment 59140

I said at the start of the season that at lower rep clubs/league the loan market is vital and can make a difference between success and failure.

Key to our run has been our two on loan strikers Wright (from Chelsea) and Hayward (from Everton). Both lead the scoring charts with 22 each.

View attachment 59139

MORE DRAMA!

We lose the last pre-split game to Kilmarnock and Celtic rejoin us at the top.

We also have the tougher set of fixtures after the split including a trip to Celtic Park.

View attachment 59116

- CUP SEMIS -

View attachment 59117

Our duel with Celtic will continue into the Scottish Cup final after we both progress.

View attachment 59099

Title Run-In #1

View attachment 59100

After 12 league wins in a row we've now lost 2 on the spin. Celtic can only draw.

They lead by a single point

Title Run-In #2

View attachment 59106

The potential decider and we let the lead slip twice. Our form has left us at the worst time.

Celtic still lead by a point

Title Run-In #3

View attachment 59105

Rangers don't want Celtic to win the league and roll over for us. Kilmarnock blew the title race wide open!

We lead by 2 points with 2 games to go!

Title Run-In #4

View attachment 59104

ST MIRREN!!! My old club show no generosity whatsoever. Rangers don't roll over this week however and hold Celtic to a draw.

We lead by a single point. One game left!

Title Run-In #5

View attachment 59103

View attachment 59101

View attachment 59102

What was all the fuss about! We 'walk' the league by 4 points in the end...

..phewwww