Congratulations on getting the Scotland job, good luck with the double duty.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE KNOCKOUT ROUND

First Legs

View attachment 58793
A sensational results as we take a huge step to knocking out the mighty Real Madrid!

Celtic have it all to do after losing the home leg 1-0 to Chelsea

Second Legs

View attachment 58792
Our terrible away form comes back to haunt us again as Madrid come from 4-0 down on aggregate to knock us out at the first knockout round again.

Celtic also bow out here.

Back to the drawing board to solve our away day blues

SCOTLAND

The real Fergie was only in charge of the national team for 10 games shortly before he took the Man Utd job.

I'll be in charge until I get the Utd job too or until I'm sacked
!

- NATIONS LEAGUE -

View attachment 58783

View attachment 58782

View attachment 58781

View attachment 58780

View attachment 58779

Promoted from the B League with some good early performances. Some top players within the squad such as Tierney, Robertson and Burke. My own Aberdeen players are on the fringes of the national team as I look to overseas players at club level.

- WORLD CUP QUALIFYING -

View attachment 58778

View attachment 58777

We got off to the perfect start in what should be a fairly straightforward group

Last edited:
#MOURINHOOUT??

As I approach the end of the season in Scotland I had a look at the Premier League. I checked when I was knocked out of Europe in February. United were 4 points clear and heading for 5 in a row.

However, a horrendous run of results saw them drop down to 3rd and a 6-1 drubbing by Liverpool in the Champions League semi finals (including a 5-0 loss at Anfield) saw the Special One come under huge pressure

View attachment 58772

View attachment 58775

I immediately declared my interest in the job hoping to force the Old Trafford board into dismissing Jose.

View attachment 58774

This course of action worked to get me the St Mirren job.

However the fans seem loyal to Jose (and rightly so after 4 Premier Leagues in a row before this season)

View attachment 58773

I played the waiting game for a few weeks but Jose seems to have avoided the chop.... for now. His job security goes from VERY INSECURE to SECURE.

Here's hoping for a poor start to next season for the Special One.

Those youngsters will help the national team in a couple of seasons if they continue to develop.

2025/26 - Aberdeen

After more defensive woes in Europe I concentrated on the defense during the preseason.

In came Xavier on loan from Barcelona...

View attachment 58715

... and Axel Tuanzabe for a club record £11.75m

View attachment 58716

We also have a record sale this month with Sergio Diaz off to Spain for an impressive £20m.

View attachment 58713

At one point during the summer we had over £60m in the bank!

We are also a nation on the rise it seem...

View attachment 58714

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP STAGE

View attachment 58711

We seem to be reaping the benefits of our previous campaigns as we become one of the more established European sides we should be getting easier group draws.

Celtic still have tough ones though..

View attachment 58710

After flirting with sacking Mourinho, a good start to the season is essential for him and club legend David de Gea seems to have saved another Man Utd manager (not for the first time!)

View attachment 58712

This seems to have been a rally cry as United win 7 of their first 8 league games. The Special One is the Safe One again, unfortunately for me.

2025 LEAGUE CUP

View attachment 58709

My first ever managerial cup trophy shines it light on me again as I claim my third winners medal in the competition.

SCOTLAND OFF TO THE WORLD CUP

View attachment 58707

A flawless campaign with 10 straight wins. Terrific.

We get the famous Brazil in the draw alongside Algeria and USA who don't have far to travel as the tournament is held in neighbours Canada

View attachment 58708
Depending on how the 2025/26 season progresses (and if the Utd job isn't mine by this stage) I think the World Cup will be my last games as Scotland manager.

MID SEASON PROGRESS

View attachment 58706

View attachment 58705

We have a fairly comfortable group stage and even managed 4 points away from home which could bode well for the knockout rounds.

Celtic finish 3rd in their group and have to settle for the Europa League

View attachment 58703

The league looks like it is ours to lose every season now as our Champions League money has created a one horse race and a huge gulf in class.

During this period I make my 400th appearance in the dugout. Just about 1700 more to go to beat Fergie!

View attachment 58704

BATTLE OF BRITAIN

ABERDEEN v LIVERPOOL
UCL 1st knockout round

Dear me! These draws could be kinder. Thats Liverpool, Real Madrid and Chelsea in the knockout round each time we have qualified from the groups.

- 1st Leg -

View attachment 58702

One of the all-time great Champions League games as we serve up a 9 goal thriller at a packed Pittodrie. Of course, given our away record in the UCL, the 3 away goals are of great concern ahead of the return leg at Anfield.

- 2nd Leg -

View attachment 58701

YEEHAA!!!

The monkey is off our back as we finally get past the first knockout round. An early goal at Anfield gave us a huge advantage but we lost from 4-0 up against Real Madrid last year. However no such collapse this year as we head off to the Quarter Finals and a tie against Spartak Moscow

View attachment 58700

ABERDEEN v SPARTAK MOSCOW
UCL Quarter Finals

On paper at least we have finally been given a good draw for once. Can we make the most of it?

- 1st Leg -

View attachment 58698

Some of Europe's finest still left in the competition, plus ourselves and Spartak, the two ugly ducklings.

One of us will exit here but so far advantage Aberdeen after the first legs

- 2nd Leg -

View attachment 58697

I HAVE A SEMI

Our home form has never let us down in Europe and we cruise into the semi finals. Looking at the other sides who make it through I felt it was almost inevitable that we draw Manchester United and well...

View attachment 58696

BATTLE OF BRITAIN II

ABERDEEN v Man Utd
Man City v AC Milan
UCL Semi Finals

I spent most of the summer trying to get Jose sacked so I could steal his job at Utd. Here we are now head-to-head for a place in the UEFA Champions League Final. The pressure is firmly on him. We are the underdogs of all underdogs.. They are Manchester United football club and on course for a 5th league title in 6 years.

- 1st Leg -

View attachment 58693
FORTRESS PITTODRIE!

Sadly I am well aware that, in the past, a first leg advantage does not guarantee anything

- 2nd Leg -

View attachment 58692

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!

The Special One exists and his name is Alex Ferguson!

We have clearly rid ourselves of our European away day hoodoo with a famous win at the Threatre of Dreams. My first trip to the promised land wasn't at manager of Man Utd but as a visitor with little Aberdeen.. a conquer rather.

View attachment 58691

View attachment 58690

2026 UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL

View attachment 58680

From lowly East Stirlingshire to a first ever Champions League game - the biggest game in club football.

When I start off at the Shire I never ever thought my first final in this competition would come whilst I was still managing in Scotland!

But here we are and as always, we are huge underdogs against a side I will one day call my noisy neighbours.

______________________​

View attachment 58681

View attachment 58679

DEVASTATING!! One game too far. We should be honoured to even get this far but it looked like our name may be on the trophy ever since those fairy tale wins over Liverpool and Man United. Sadly one English side finally got the better of us.

To cheer me up I can see how far the club have grown under my leadership and there is now a second Alex Ferguson worshipped at Aberdeen.

View attachment 58678

Last edited:
*jaw drops* Aberdeen...in a Champions League final. The original Fergie only ever won the old Cup Winners Cup at Pittodrie.