Only used this for 5 games so far but I'm absolutely loving it. Could be winning 10-0 every game if it weren't for the amount of sitters my team squanders. Will post an SS when I get to Jan.

Im glad you liked it :) Looking forward to see some screens!

I see your tactic working for everyone else makes me wonder what happened to my save, I got promoted with this other tactic have a horrendous team in the championship

With the tweaked version cynical I got battered in defence still, done with these tactics ha I like to build off a good defence then start scoring!

2nd season with Schalke now... got beaten by Real Madrid in the group stages (I only signed Ben Davies in the transfer window, I was more focused on starting a new season!)

Anyway the R. Madrid result was disappointing, if Simon Mignelot wasn't such a ****** error prone keeper it wouldn't have gone in, but he just stands there like a zombie (worst goalkeeper I've ever signed... but Schalke needed one)... I can honestly say he has been the worst goalkeeper I've ever seen on football manager... next season I plan to bring in Rene Adler or Tim Krul for sure. We dominated Madrid from the start to finish.

He may be the weak link in my defence also.

EDIT: alright, I've noticed once the tactic becomes fully fluid the defence becomes much stronger, I haven't conceded in over 7 games now.

Last edited:
THIS TACTIC NEED A VERY GOOD FAST CD. Because I see that every time I concede . It's a throuh ball and my 2 CD can't defend it.

WIBE : I think we should remove Short Passing . Because this formation is 4-2-3-1 Wide not Narrow . That why many player make mistake.

Tried with Liverpool "Sir Goalalot.tac" (from OP): P27, W11, D7, L9. So it doesn't work for me.:(

@wibe : When making a version for Lower league team , I think u should change CD to LD , because lower league player have poor passing , composure , Dicision , and concentration . LD will help ensure that they don't concede possesion in dangerous area
Also change Cover duty to Defend , two Cover duties will allow to much space in front of the defence for the opposition to play in

Suggest combine : Defend - Defend or Cover - Stoper . It work much better

Last edited:
Good morning :)

WIBE : I think we should remove Short Passing . Because this formation is 4-2-3-1 Wide not Narrow . That why many player make mistake.

Yes, but does any of the tactics have it? I dont think we updated it, just tested :)

@wibe : When making a version for Lower league team , I think u should change CD to LD , because lower league player have poor passing , composure , Dicision , and concentration . LD will help ensure that they don't concede possesion in dangerous area
Also change Cover duty to Defend , two Cover duties will allow to much space in front of the defence for the opposition to play in

Suggest combine : Defend - Defend or Cover - Stoper . It work much better

That sounds better yes :) Will give it a go once I've had some coffee !