Sir Goalalot ( 14.3.1 ) 4-2-3-1

• Thread starter Thread starter TheWibe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 956K
Got my promotion! Thank you very much for the great tactic! Won 24, drew 10 and lost 12 which was just enough to scrape me second place. Had best defence in the league (7 more clean sheets than next closest) though scoring was a slight issue, possibly due to my lack of good strikers. Used Goal's tweak mostly, thank you very much to both of you!

Got my promotion! Thank you very much for the great tactic! Won 24, drew 10 and lost 12 which was just enough to scrape me second place. Had best defence in the league (7 more clean sheets than next closest) though scoring was a slight issue, possibly due to my lack of good strikers. Used Goal's tweak mostly, thank you very much to both of you!

"Goal's tweak mostly", what is it??????

Finished off my 2nd season with Man Utd. Used the original tactic, mostly just the standard one changing to favorite a few times when I needed a goal. (Was using a different tactic 1st season).

View attachment 352321

Pretty good, with the exception of a few terrible away performances. Had better seasons with Man Utd, but lost Mata and De Gea to injury for the last 4 months of the season and we kinda stopped scoring as much and started conceding then. Went 22-1-0 for the first 23 matches though. Think that's one of my best records ever with Man Utd. Also won the ECL final 3-0 over Galatasaray, no idea how they got that far. Probably the easiest final I've ever played.

Gonna see if I can get a hold of some proper center backs for next season. Big tall bricks of men. Evans and Smalling are decent, but Jones and Balanta just don't cut it in those aerial battles. Also a real proper ball winning midfielder (might try Jones here actually). Was using Marchisio and Romero most of this season. They're good but Marchisio isn't really ball winning and Romero still isn't developed.

What type of striker are people having most success with though? RVP really did not impress. 20 goals in 39 apps. I have Berardi, but he's not really developed fully yet. Might try playing Mata there next season, but I feel like his talents are a bit wasted there.

:/ the biggest problem is It's very hard to against team with 3-5-2 ( like Hull , It's very hard to beat them ) . Always hard to win Chelsea ( Wide 4-2-3-1) and Man Utd ( Narrow 4-2-3-1 ) . Let's see what I can do to fix that problem :D

After having my first season in the Bundesliga with Schalke 04 and it being a big success with this tactic. (Champions league title, Bundesliga, Super Cup...) I've decided to complete a 2nd season and then resign from my post there. (And go to the Premier League)

Anyway I will be using this tactic so expect some more of my results from Schalke and whatever Premier League team hires me after this 2nd season is done.

:/ the biggest problem is It's very hard to against team with 3-5-2 ( like Hull , It's very hard to beat them ) . Always hard to win Chelsea ( Wide 4-2-3-1) and Man Utd ( Narrow 4-2-3-1 ) . Let's see what I can do to fix that problem :D

3-5-2 is easily countered.

Pull the AMC down to AP between you're centre midtfielders, and watch Hull Burn.

The general match engine flaw with certain tactics is down to coding.
when you face 3 centrebacks with 1 striker, something goes south in the coding and its like the AMC, AML and AMR don't realy excist, despite the fact that some 3-5-2 dont even have fullbacks or wingbacks.
Idealy you would want to use wingers vs a formation that has no wide defence, but something is strang in the coding, so the logic is kinda removed :p
It's the same with sitting deep and runing offside. You would think offside would work best with a high defenceline, and you would also think that you don't want tight marking and offside at the same time.. FM logic ><

So vs 3-5-2, if its a flat 5 midtfield, go with AP between you're CM.
If its a 3-5-2 with an AMC, drop the AMC into DM and mark the **** out of that AMC they use.
I prefere to use a player with high strenght, tacling and marking, and it works, try it :)

3-5-2 is easily countered.

Pull the AMC down to AP between you're centre midtfielders, and watch Hull Burn.

The general match engine flaw with certain tactics is down to coding.
when you face 3 centrebacks with 1 striker, something goes south in the coding and its like the AMC, AML and AMR don't realy excist, despite the fact that some 3-5-2 dont even have fullbacks or wingbacks.
Idealy you would want to use wingers vs a formation that has no wide defence, but something is strang in the coding, so the logic is kinda removed :p
It's the same with sitting deep and runing offside. You would think offside would work best with a high defenceline, and you would also think that you don't want tight marking and offside at the same time.. FM logic ><

So vs 3-5-2, if its a flat 5 midtfield, go with AP between you're CM.
If its a 3-5-2 with an AMC, drop the AMC into DM and mark the **** out of that AMC they use.
I prefere to use a player with high strenght, tacling and marking, and it works, try it :)
any Ideas to versus Chelsea . Wide 4-2-3-1 ?

so in the middle of the season i've decided to share with you my results. i want only remind you that i won with real madrid 7-3! Mandzukic scored 4 goals.
View attachment 352233View attachment 352232

i am really shocked becouse i thought that Guilherme Siqueira would be the best defender but Juanfran is MUCH MUCH better. Mandzukic is the beast and Rodrigo, my god! i bought him from Benfica for 17M pounds now he is worth 24M. Suitable players for this tactic are also Saul, Gabi and Leo from Atletico. i recomand to buy Rodrigo, Griezmann and Kovacic. honestly i think this tactic matches perfectly to Atletico.

so in the middle of the season i've decided to share with you my results. i want only remind you that i won with real madrid 7-3! Mandzukic scored 4 goals.
View attachment 652878View attachment 652881

i am really shocked becouse i thought that Guilherme Siqueira would be the best defender but Juanfran is MUCH MUCH better. Mandzukic is the beast and Rodrigo, my god! i bought him from Benfica for 17M pounds now he is worth 24M. Suitable players for this tactic are also Saul, Gabi and Leo from Atletico. i recomand to buy Rodrigo, Griezmann and Kovacic. honestly i think this tactic matches perfectly to Atletico.
beast (H)

any Ideas to versus Chelsea . Wide 4-2-3-1 ?

Move the AMC down as a 3rd CB, stick the fullbacks on man marking the wide men, and use the setup for the standard tactic.

The AMC is the key in this formation. It's a position you can utilize, and do whatever suits the team best from my experience.

Yes it's realy good to have that link up at front, but if you play with a DLF you will still have the striker coming down to recive the ball, and play the wingers through, so i think its pretty solid.
BUT, you need to have good marking and tacling and agression on the guys you mark with, if not the wingers will recive the ball, play it to whomever is AMC and recive it behind you're fullbacks. Pace don't hurt neighter, and stick them on defence duty.

I recommend buying Rodriguez from Wolfsburg for DL btw, hes probably the best all-round LB/WB/FB in the game.

EDIT: Im in quarter finals in CL, and still haven't lost with these tactics. Im managing a mediocre Rosenborg, and Chelsea in CL Quarterfinals will be the BIG test of my manager skills. Let's see if i can make them crash and burn...

Last edited:
Back