Sir Goalalot ( 14.3.1 ) 4-2-3-1

• Thread starter Thread starter TheWibe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 956K
F*CK mee... Nice tactic. Playing with Como in Italy. End of November - won all matches except 1 loss.
2 loans in - no other changes.

Using 14.3 most matches - but have a few where I changed to favorite durring the game.

Nice work. Very nice work (H)

Ok before i Upload my tweak, anyone got a decent site to suggest i use to upload it? (Were links dont get screwed regulary)

There is some changes, but the main difference is its a standalone tactic were you just change mentality according to how hard the matchup is.

View attachment 349872
View attachment 349898 -TheCoon Tweak- View attachment 349898

Before i start here, let me firstly add that this has only been possible due to the extremer work done by The Wibe and Goal(sticknumberhere), aswell as the community over the course of FM2014.
When i started out playing FM i prettymuch devestated everything with Jassar's tactics, and had a Atleticosave were i ran over 200matches unbeaten.

Then as patches happens, **** happends right?

After much back and forth, enjoying Danilo's for some time, i wanted something new so i found Steaton's tactics on SIgames homesite.

Devestating at home, but i found it semi wrecked by patching aswell, and i moved on to this tread.

The formation is similare, and tho as of experience and dedication, playing far more than what is healthy it came down to the idea of implementing some small things from Steaton's tactic into here, aswell as testing some own tweaks.
The resoult is finaly ready to be released, and i do hope you find it enjoyable.

View attachment 349873Goalalot_TheCoonView attachment 349874
View attachment 349875
View attachment 349897

The Manager and The Resoults
View attachment 349899View attachment 349900

Malmø CL 1st Knockout round

View attachment 349888View attachment 349887

Next Draw O.o

View attachment 349890

Next Draw O.o, how it turned out...

View attachment 349853View attachment 349852
Comment: First game was a breeze and i played on my strenghts. The away game as another story, but in the first half it looked like i was going to win 10,12-0 as i was 3-0 up before 20min. Chuffed my assistant half time talks again fizzled, but i am in the semi finals of CL so who cares!

Some of the Games so far

View attachment 349889View attachment 349886View attachment 349885View attachment 349884View attachment 349883View attachment 349882

World Club cup finale

View attachment 349880View attachment 349881

The Star's of my squad

View attachment 349896View attachment 349895View attachment 349894View attachment 349891View attachment 349892View attachment 349893

Some Records from last season working on the tweaks:

View attachment 349878View attachment 349881View attachment 349877View attachment 349879

View attachment 349871

Last edited:
Notes:
This is a tweak of Goalalot that i was/am trying to craft 1 tactic out of, and that you can enjoy by only swapping mentality according to opponent.

I still will work on it during this season and next preseason to get a final version done.
This is becasue i tweaked all last season, and now want to try minor tweaks to adjust over this season.
My squad is not optimale as i was running a BWM to begin with, but after seeing i had noone to fit that role, and qualty midtfielders in other roles i decided to change it. you can change the center midtfielder roles according to you're squads strenght, BUT!!! do NOT use 2 BTB or AP there as you will have no coverage infront of the centerbacks if you do, and good opponents will just pee all over you.

Plug and Play instructions:

Are you home and
HUGEfavorite? Stick to it, attack is going to get you goals!
Are you home and slight
favorite? Stick to it, adjust if you see the need.
Are you home and
even? Stick to it, adjust if you see fit.
Are you home and slightly
underdog? Stick to it, adjust according to how the game pans out.
Are you home and
underdog? Swap mentality to controll, and go back to attack if you need a goal.
Are you home and HUGE
underdog? Swap to counter and adjust if chasing goal only.

ALWAYS
Adjust the last 10-15min regardless of score as counter often gets you the a goal or two more if opponent is gung ho going for a equalizer.

Same goes away, only change is that you stick on counter as soon as you are slightly underdog.

TROT (the rule of tumb)
is to always check you're opponent and not be afraid to change say the BBM to a BWM if you need more cover infront of the defence and struggling to controll the midtfield.
Just make **** sure you dont stick you're 3 tackle 2 bravery 5 teamwork brazilian wonderkid playmaker as BWM unless you want to lose hard lol.

Easymode
stick to tactic and use instant resoult. Often works for me using "smash and grab" vs easy/normal teams and "settle for a draw" away vs good teams.

WORKING ON:

- Tweaking defence
- Figuring out best combo for Center Midtfielders
- Deciding ong role for AMC
- Deciding on role for striker (Guidetti scores for fun so not a huge issue)
- Looking to get better triangle play on last 3rd.

I want to be more specific and informative, but im dead tired having spendt 6 hours now finalizing the post and getting things sorted.

Working on V_2

Screens:

View attachment 349524View attachment 349525View attachment 349528View attachment 349527

Need a few games to get the tactic fluid, but happy so far, just need to sort set pices now wich is my one true enemy ><
Going to spam it throughout the season and do minimale of transfers for next and see how it feels there, might release an updated version later tonight .

AND WON CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!!
View attachment 349511

Last edited:
Conn is that plug and play?

edit
Sorry i didn't know you are editing the instructions

So Counter against bigger teams Attack vs weak teams?

Last edited:
Conn - do your wingers score more than your striker still? I'm tempted to try the Inside Forward role, but my left winger seems to score a lot already (right winger rarely scores though - maybe because my striker is left footed, so always seems to pass the ball out to the left wing).
Also, as your fullbacks are now set to 'cross less often', do they get involved that much in the attack, or is their sole purpose really to feed the ball to the AMR and AML?

I play as Manchester United and they have the same, wanting to play attacking football and I'm using this tactic for 1.5 seasons now & under board confidence the attacking football philsophy is filled up, so yes it will be fine. Board philosophies basically mean they are more likely to sack you if you aren't meeting expectations & not fulfilling their requested philosophies.

Cool thanks... Gone through Pre-season so far with Man City and it was a pretty impressive display against the Weaker opponents averaging 4-5 goals per game (including a 6-2 Porto which were Semi Finalists in last year's Champions League for my game) using a mix of the 2 tactics in the OP. Opening day in the EPL against Swansea ended in a 1-1 draw though, the usual FM2014 Match Engine Woes of having like 25 shots on goal (About 10-12 on target) to the opposition's 4-5 shots on goal, but they naturally score with one their 4 shots, lol :( But right now smashing a no name team in the Europa League 5-1, so having fun there.

Do have one last question, the Original Post was clear to use no OI instructions, however what about during the course of the game when my assistant is telling me some players need to be closed down or specifically marked? As normally I do follow what he says and do it, so should I take his advice and do that or is this something I should avoid to do because of the nature of these tactics?

thanks,

Conn - do your wingers score more than your striker still? I'm tempted to try the Inside Forward role, but my left winger seems to score a lot already (right winger rarely scores though - maybe because my striker is left footed, so always seems to pass the ball out to the left wing).
Also, as your fullbacks are now set to 'cross less often', do they get involved that much in the attack, or is their sole purpose really to feed the ball to the AMR and AML?

Well i might have had some brain dmg there for a second :p

i will check and tweak further tomorrow.

The **** was here...

Conn do u use OI's or jsut play FMC since i only play normal mode online thinking will thsi work sicne no OI;s maybe

Back