Sir Goalalot ( 14.3.1 ) 4-2-3-1

• Thread starter Thread starter TheWibe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 956K
i managd to pull back but now.. i get team meeting, and game crashed twice in a row when i try to lower jonas olsons training.... twice to win that last game ow my gowd!

at home i am fine but away is a real struggle and im with psg and im drawing with teams at the bottom of the table

Towards the latter half of the season I've struggled away too, I think it's perhaps the silly match engines playing it's games not really the tactic. Stoke was the worse 18th place team, drew it 1-1... However Hull and Ispwhich were my other draws, and they were 1-1 and 0-0, but their 7-10th place teams... Finally, I had an amazing game against PSV in the Europa League 1st Leg of 2nd Knockout round Away, 6-0, so again it further leads me to believe it's the match engine.

Had another away game just now, but this time against a mighty difficult Arsenal team that's 3rd place in the league and drew them 1-1. Is it coincidence? Not sure, but hope this info helps, heh.

One thing I found with this tactic is that you should always start with the counter version. I tweaked it slightly I changed one of the DC (c) to X (Stopper) and also set it to push higher up in the team instructions. Doing this gave me a lot of success defensively. I lost about four times In the league all the lower teams (I was Arsenal, losses to southampton/ aston villa/ west brom and everton)

One thing I found with this tactic is that you should always start with the counter version. I tweaked it slightly I changed one of the DC (c) to X (Stopper) and also set it to push higher up in the team instructions. Doing this gave me a lot of success defensively. I lost about four times In the league all the lower teams (I was Arsenal, losses to southampton/ aston villa/ west brom and everton)

I'm actually trying this tweak now, it's working out pretty good it seems. I also took the plunge and changed it to Fitness/Low w/ Rest unticked for the final half the season, we'll see how it goes.

BTW, for those curious in my little AAR, Semi-Final FA Cup game against Hull, 1-1 going into the 2nd half, and around the 65th minute got a little bit of fate to go my way, penalty given, along with a Red Card for a player cause it was 2nd card of the evening. Aguero knocks in this 38th goal of the overall season, and went on a roll from there. Banged in 2 more goals later on a 4-1 win.

Now the stage is set for a FA Cup Final against Manchester United who beat West Brom 3-0, ohh boy, lol.

Anyone think this will work for big teams like Chelsea and Barcelona? I know this is one of the best for a mid-table team (This tactic destroyed the Bundesliga as Schalke, won the CL twice in a row and the Bundesliga twice in a row, to me Schalke would be a mid-table Premier league team).

I'm helpless right now. I don't know what to do. My team leads by 2 or 3 goals, then it happens the unexplained. We recive many yellow cards, even one or two red cards and we loose or draw the match. :| This is insane ... What should I do?

I'm helpless right now. I don't know what to do. My team leads by 2 or 3 goals, then it happens the unexplained. We recive many yellow cards, even one or two red cards and we loose or draw the match. :| This is insane ... What should I do?
After 75 minutes set your mentality to Contain and change Team Instructions (Tempo down to low, use waste time... etc)

View attachment 346239View attachment 346238

im leaking like mad :/

Some ok resoults, but overall im very dissapointed.

I have changed formation in CL now to see if that can save the season, and looks like i can qualify from the grp stages (depending on the last match).

Im gona give this a go thoughout the season, then try the new training for next season, and go with originale again, becasue i think this could be the resoult of to many purchases and not good enough team cohision .

It strikes me that this formation, to work, REALY need teamspirit at top level, aswell as the right players.

Sam Byram on my RB has just been a dissapointment, but i think its due to him beein inexperienced, and me relying to much on him this season.

then suddenly get a realy good match vs Cardiff.

Their goal much sums it up this season as match engine allowe any chances for opponent to be a goal more or less.

View attachment 346231

assistant report morale is now good (phew), lets see how this ends..

Beat Olympiakos 2-1 away, won my grp :)
View attachment 346229

Last edited:
Using only the 1 tac in the OP posted on the 5th of Aug.

First season with Newcastle, secured the title with 2 rounds left. Best +/- ratio by far with most goals. With the £5m available signed a few players for cover duties but thats it, default squad what i used.

Having tested virtually every potential plug&play tactic out there, i must say none compare to this by even a long shot. The reliability of this tac is off the charts.

CHEERS!

I !"#" REFUSE to accept this!

The Defence is retarted matchengine slaves.

I keep conceding on the 0 ccc and blimp out of nothing ness, 1,2 or 3+ goals a game.

Dont have a clue whats wrong with the tactic this season, but i've had it. Swapping to DAnilo Tight for the remaining of the season before i crush the keyboard through the screen.

Conn,
it's no matter how good tactic is.
i mean... in this year edition - FM 2014 - there is only one good tactic u can do - play in FM 2013 :).
otherwise u need to be ********* or just calm as a cucmber.

Conn,
it's no matter how good tactic is.
i mean... in this year edition - FM 2014 - there is only one good tactic u can do - play in FM 2013 :).
otherwise u need to be ********* or just calm as a cucmber.

Well i changed formation to save my job, wich vent ok until i changed back when i got morale up.
I lost it when i vent down 3-0 to QPR away after 20min when they had 2 half chances... Joe Hart tossed the ball to Loic Remy on open goal, so i Ragequit.

Break imminent until tomorrow!

For now TV!
Going to take a break

Changed my training to balanced average, attacing movement, rest after and before and it's going prety great at the moment. we can score again.

Quick Update on my 2017/2018 Man City run..

It's going to the last game in the Premier League... (Aguero earned his 1.2 million clause by getting his 25th goal last game too in the League, go him!, 41st of the overall Season!)

View attachment 345981

Pretty fun season must say, had to win my last 2 games to be in this position and did just that, including an amazing 4-1 win at home against 4th place Arsenal.

Hopefully I can pull it off!.. Still got the FA Cup final to play against Man U and also the Europa League Final against an underachieving Liverpool who I should hopefully beat.

Tactic wise, it's pretty much the same from the original post, the only difference is as someone mentioned earlier, I changed from Drop Deeper to Push Higher Up (works better with hassle opponents) and put one of the Central Defenders as a Stopper, which I found has helped with the leakiness of goals.

I also figured how to deal with those 5 star studded wingers too, by simply Man Marking both wingers (if there's a 4.5/5 Star on one side), and it's been helping a lot.

Overall, still impressed with this season, been dealing with massive brutal fixture congestion, a few games with no more than 1 day apart, and most have been 2 days at the most. This last game I finally have my first 3 Day Rest I think in like 3 weeks, so been pretty insane managing that.

I've also went with the fitness/Low training suggestion and it seems to be working out well, however, I did keep a tick on the rest after a game.. It's just to brutal to have something like that when most of my players play 90 minutes.

I'll try it fully next season that training (with the rest ticked after game though, and see how that goes and report back.)

And the Premier League is mine on the last day of the season! :)..

View attachment 345960

Still got the Europa League Finals and FA Cup Finals to do , but hopefully those go just as good as this, heh.

Once again, awesome tactic Wibe, hopefully I don't let up next season, and it's good to be back in Champions League play cause if i didn't make it this year, Aguero and De Bruyne would have totally asked for a transfer, lol.

Back