Sir Goalalot ( 14.3.1 ) 4-2-3-1

• Thread starter Thread starter TheWibe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 956K
View attachment 345376The Coon's WBA adventure Season 3 View attachment 345376

As you all know (that have been following this tread). my first season was Amazing, and at one point i was even topping Premier League. I felt comfortable, losing only tight matches, and rarely got outplayed even on bad days.
I secured the FA Cup the first season and told the squad we were aiming for europe as we qualified for CL.

2nd season i was superstoked! I hadreinforced the midtfield with Scott Brown as my cover for Yacob and Mulumbu, and i snatched Di Vaio to tutor aswell as Guidetti for the new striker role as Brown "eye" Ideye was not delivering goals.

To sum it up, the 2nd season was a disaster! Morale vent rock bottom and there was hardly a game i felt i deserved a win in. I almost got sacked 2 times, but i puleld back thanks to juggling around a few other tactics.

I managed to finish 4th, but that was only because i had golden hairs a certain place, and i got a lot of draws in games i realy should have lost. CL i made it through the grp stages and got Anderlecht in the next stage. Beat them as they were not exacly the strongest team, but then i lost deservingly to Barca the next round.
Managed by luck to yet again secure the FA cup, but it does not feel so good when i had to pull out older tactics to ensure the victory was ours in games say vs Cardiff home.

To celebrate 4th place and beating tottenham in FA cup finale i puleld out Goalalot tactic again for the homegame vs Tottenham to finish off the season. I was confident that it would do well, so i smacked it up, had 2 shots on goal the entire game and was lucky to only lose 1-4.

Oh my lord was i glad the season was done!

I revamped the squad by selling some dead meat and getting ahold of some young wonderkids that will join from next season (to young now).

I got Gaston Gill Romero as my replacement for Scott Brown, and i am currently working to get Mica Richards signed for cover as CB and RB as Sam Byram is the only RB i got in the entire squad.

Not much you can do with a 20m budget is there ><

Well here is my squad for S3, and Goalalot is getting another shoot after i focused on team cohision entire pre season, and now going for Tactic and Attacking movement.

Let's Roll!!!
View attachment 345375

Transfers:

View attachment 345377

SQUAD

GK

View attachment 345401View attachment 345400

DEFENDERS

View attachment 345393View attachment 345394View attachment 345395View attachment 345396View attachment 345397View attachment 345398View attachment 345399View attachment 345392

MIDTFIELDERS
View attachment 345384View attachment 345385View attachment 345386View attachment 345387View attachment 345388View attachment 345389View attachment 345390View attachment 345391View attachment 345383

FORWARDS

View attachment 345382View attachment 345381View attachment 345380View attachment 345393View attachment 345379

TACTIC AND PREFERED FIRST 11

View attachment 345378

View attachment 345373GOALS:View attachment 345374

1. Finish top 4 to get CL qualifications
2. Win Carling or FA Cup
3. Get Through the group stages in CL

4. Don't get fired...

View attachment 345372

Last edited:
it is the best version for the 14.3 patch and can you please put a link

Striker isnt too effective. Any solutions?
Change him to an Advanced Forward? you could try to get him to score more but the real scorer are the wingers (Farfan, an average player had the highest in the Bunesliga by a good 10 goal advantage)

Is your striker strong and good in the air? my DLF scores plenty and those are his best attributes (20 for strength, 19 for jumping, 16 for heading, and he's 6'6)

Don't think Jumping and Heading are a main thing though, cause I had Agurero (screenies posted a few pages back) at 29 in my 2017/2018 Man City season, and he had his best season to date scoring 43 goals throughout the entire season (26 in the PL) and he currently has a 10 in heading and 6 in jumping reach, and a 10 in Strength, lol.

I think it's mainly all about the Acceleration, Dribbling, and Finishing even though that's not one of the main attributes a DLF plays.. Sometimes I guess it just comes down skill, lol. Also now that I think about, since they are DLF Attributes, Creativity, Decisions, and First Touch probably play a key component for scoring as well, and in those categories Aguero is really high in.

Wingers though are the meet of the tactic, my Right Winger in prime De Bruyne had 34 Goals and 31 Assists for the year won UEFA Player of the Year too.

Last edited:
Don't think Jumping and Heading are a main thing though, cause I had Agurero (screenies posted a few pages back) at 29 in my 2017/2018 Man City season, and he had his best season to date scoring 43 goals throughout the entire season (26 in the PL) and he currently has a 10 in heading and 6 in jumping reach.

I think it's mainly all about the Acceleration, Dribbling, and Finishing even though that's not the main attritubes a DLF plays.. Sometimes I guess it just comes down skill, lol.

Wingers though are the meet of the tactic, my Right Winger in prime De Bruyne had 34 Goals and 31 Assists for the year won UEFA Player of the Year too.

Aguero would probably score lots regardless of what role you assign him. My regen player is very good, but not a world beater looking at his stats, but he managed 30 goals in 28 starts (and 2 sub appearances) in the Premier League last season. He scores so many headed goals for my team that if he ever left, I would definitely look for a replacement with high aerial ability.

Aguero would probably score lots regardless of what role you assign him. My regen player is very good, but not a world beater looking at his stats, but he managed 30 goals in 28 starts (and 2 sub appearances) in the Premier League last season. He scores so many headed goals for my team that if he ever left, I would definitely look for a replacement with high aerial ability.

Lol, hopefully I got that covered personally than when Aquero starts fading off (I want 2 more good years from him, and since I'm being greedy wouldn't mind 3, lol)

Here's my regen that will eventually take Aguero's place:

View attachment 345120

Sadly he won't be a home grown player, as the AI loaned him out before I took over the team in the 2016/2017, so he lost the Home Grown Status which I could have had if he stayed at the club, ohh well, lol.

Last edited:
Any tips for PPM for each positions? My players are at the age that i want to develop them to suit more to this tactic.

Any tips for PPM for each positions? My players are at the age that i want to develop them to suit more to this tactic.

I'm a little lazy here so I honestly just go with what my coaches suggest, lol. I do still look at the personal instructions on the position itself and make sure the PPM doesn't contradict it.

I also go one step further and let me assistant coach and youth development handle my individual training for the 1st Team and Youth respectively, so far it has seem to work fine as the prospects are still developing at a nice clip.

Here's Assistant Coach and Head of Youth Development perhaps that has something to do with it:
View attachment 345086View attachment 345085

So Far

Fixtures:
View attachment 345052

Stats:
View attachment 345051

Table:
View attachment 345048

VS Juventus halftime and fulltime
View attachment 345056View attachment 345054

Vs Real Madrid
View attachment 345053

Awards:
View attachment 345050View attachment 345049

As you can see its going much MUCH better than last season.
Could it be that Scott Brown was working behind the scenes against me since i dident let him be a regulare starter?
Heck i dont know, but so far i am unbeaten altho id say i was a bit lucky a few games.

Cant wait for a good season to get done so that i finaly can get proper transfermoney and buy a CB to play next to Balanta thats not old and slow :p

Back