All games go the same way for me.
I'm with Sassuolo, did a pretty big mercato, i have pretty decent players in every position.
I won all the frendlies in pre season, 4-0 3-0 4-0 3-0 2-0 great.
Once i played in Serie A : 3-3 1-1 1-1 2-2 2-3 1-2

I scored the first goal vs : Roma , Juventus, Napoli, Inter , and then it's always the same, i concede 2 or 3 goals and it's over.
Even vs Benevento, was 2-0 up , conceded 3 in the second half.
I don't know the problem, it is a counter formation so it is supposed to be good when you are up 1 or 2 goals right ?? Because the opponent will attack and leave spaces behind for your team to counter ??
But no, you just concede

And the problem with the counter formation : once you are down, you don't have a "have to score" tactic just in case, you won't comeback in a game with this formation

TLDR : Godlike in frendlies, garbage in Serie A

Formation

Absolutely brilliant formation write up. Im going to use this! Im new to fm and looking for tips on in a match if im getting beat using this formation should i change formation to more attacking or change any settings to make my team go for it more?

Great tactic, awesome, brutal, that is until the second season atleast for me.
I have no clue what happened, picked Atalanta, did everything right, almost won the league finished 2nd, 2nd season starts, I barely pick up any win with a better team while boosting players morale and I couldn't win anymore, finished the 1st half of the season in 10th with a better team than my previous season, has this happened to anybody?

1st of all let me start by saying this is not a moan.I really appreciate the effort that goes into creating these tactics and allowing others to share and download them.
i liked the set up of this tactic 1 striker 4 at the back etc i am old school. Pre season with a decent Valencia side i won 10 friendlies without conceding a goal.
15 games into a full season with tactical training fluid i have had to ditch the tactic as every time i go behind i lose.Its ultra counter attacking therefore if you go behind you are screwed. Lost 7 league games already i didn't lose that many all last season finishing a strong 3rd.
Others have obviously had great success with it, just didn't work for me.

Hey, if you ever try it again use a different mentality dependant on the opposition rather than being on counter attack. I’ve got about 8 games left in my season and I’ve only lost 1 game in all competitions.

Sorry, but I got a'lot of work to do before Easter! So I wont be able to play the game or be active on the forum until next weekend or so ...

But ...

Happy managing all :D

No worries. Your tactics (normal and tweak) earned me four consecutive promotions in 4 years, so it works well enough ^^

Just finished my season with the Tweak tactic. It's the best tactic i've used so far on fm18.

I only lost 1 game in the league whilst winning 4 trophies & I'm in the semi's of another competition which won't continue until next season. The best part was that this tactic helped me go far in quite a few competitions helping my financies greatly. I was in debt by about -500K and now have a balance of about 5million. I've now been able to upgrade my youth facilities & improve my training facilities.

I'll be using this tactic again next season!

View attachment 61196 View attachment 61195 View attachment 61194
thanks

Last edited:
thank mate i looking and i dont see. sorry i find

Last edited:
Any player instructions on this tactic for someone playing Touch version and can't download? Thanks

Hello

Thanks for your tactic, there is too much "strange" tactics on fm base this year and I prefer to play with traditional formation so your 4-2-3-1 is welcome.

I will try with SM Caen, small club in Ligue 1. Original and tweaked.