Site Improvements Suggestions

I have to agree though, the stories section is spammed to high heaven.

Perhaps you should just let people in that you know can post well>?

I have to agree though, the stories section is spammed to high heaven.

Perhaps you should just let people in that you know can post well>?

If only they had known this before <)

Just get rid of the story section entirely. When it started out you could understand that there was some **** ones until people started to be more creative about them but the standard has not improved at all. Now it just a haven for spam. Or if someone did come up with a unique idea like the Apply for this or that job then everyone decided they had to do one in that style and it has just spoilt the whole concept of it.

When it was first introduced I started to read them but have totally given up now.

There's no need to ban the story section imo, just close the **** ones or whatever, it's not fair on the people that like making stories.

Just get rid of the story section entirely. When it started out you could understand that there was some **** ones until people started to be more creative about them but the standard has not improved at all. Now it just a haven for spam. Or if someone did come up with a unique idea like the Apply for this or that job then everyone decided they had to do one in that style and it has just spoilt the whole concept of it.

When it was first introduced I started to read them but have totally given up now.
I think give the people whoever get the mod spots for it a chance to try and clear it up a bit, and if it's still in the same state then review what to do with it.

Surely some sort of rules could be introduced, minimum post count, premium members only etc?

I think just scrapping it, then trying to implement the 'blog' thing I saw mentioned would be the best way.

i think they've just got to be brutal. if it looks like theres no real effort close it.

they should also write a sticky asking for what they expect to see, a sort of quality control. anything seeming to be failing it gets a warning then gets closed

I think give the people whoever get the mod spots for it a chance to try and clear it up a bit, and if it's still in the same state then review what to do with it.

Surely some sort of rules could be introduced, minimum post count, premium members only etc?

Whoever gets that job good luck to them and hope they can do something with it as it is a tough one to sort out.

Yeah whoever gets the job has a weight on there shoulders, I do know what I would do if I got it, but whoever gets it good luck.

I have been browsing the scene recently, after looking at a lot of the forums respective story sections. I have compiled a list of rules, hopefully with my new team of mods which I have named ‘Team Kris’ we will be able to enforce them and make the section enjoyable for everyone.

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

I have been browsing the scene recently, after looking at a lot of the forums respective story sections. I have compiled a list of rules, hopefully with my new team of mods which I have named ‘Team Kris’ we will be able to enforce them and make the section enjoyable for everyone.

Good to know that you've made some changes, they were definatley needed :)

Ego Trip there by the FORMER Admin. :P

Is there/or could there be a way to find out how many times a thread has been viewed since it was created?

Is there/or could there be a way to find out how many times a thread has been viewed since it was created?

You can, when browsing hover your mouse over marked section.

picture.php

Could I suggest that when a story is made, the title automatically has "story:" put at the beginning of it? I'm constantly being tricked by stories on the "Recent Threads" box, and it's becoming annoying :(

Stealing from other sites again Kris, sigh.

Could I suggest that when a story is made, the title automatically has "story:" put at the beginning of it? I'm constantly being tricked by stories on the "Recent Threads" box, and it's becoming annoying :(

This is a slight issue but don't think we will do anything about it pre-FM11.

Maybe an improvement in the Stories area. I just started reading some and they are actually a guide as well to some people.

I don't know if this rule is there or not but maybe all stories need approving from a mod and the stories get closed if they don't get updated for a while, and just in case the person making the stories as some sort of emergency you could leave it open for a decent amount of time, maybe 1 week or if they are messaged to keep it open.

Just some ideas I'm throwing around. :)

Back