Site Improvements Suggestions

I moved a few threads to the new Forum Games section where posts made don't count towards your post count. That should explain it.

I may have missed this but can I ask why there is a 30 second delay between viewing your threads and the new posts?

Cheers. :L

It's because they are both classed as a search and are very server intensive. To prevent malicious attacks a time delay has to be used.

I think all the storys should be grouped together i.e anyone who does an Arsenal story should have to do it under the Arsenal Story thread so that all story's ran for Arsenal will just be in 1 thread, I think this will help you to tidy up the site alot.

Yes, but imagine how untidy those certain threads will be? And what about Journeyman Stories or Created Clubs?

I think the story mods have done a really good job, and in all honesty, the story section is actually improving, alot.

I think we should be able to ban people from posting on our threads, therefore they won't get spammed to ****

I think we should be able to ban people from posting on our threads, therefore they won't get spammed to ****

But then you wouldn't have anywhere to post.. ;)

The Banned list

I don't know if this has been suggested before but I have seen it work on a few other boards.
A sticky thread with the latest banned list on it and reasons why they were banned, updated whenever there is an addition to the list.

It simply shows who was banned and why. No comments by users, just an up to date list that can be seen by everyone and can be used as a guideline to what is acceptable or not.

I have seen it work many times on forums.

The Banned list

I don't know if this has been suggested before but I have seen it work on a few other boards.
A sticky thread with the latest banned list on it and reasons why they were banned, updated whenever there is an addition to the list.

It simply shows who was banned and why. No comments by users, just an up to date list that can be seen by everyone and can be used as a guideline to what is acceptable or not.

I have seen it work many times on forums.

I've been on the banned list quite a lot ;)(A)

I have seen a lot of people complaining about story names - such as people being confused by titles of stories like:

"Capello sacked as England manager"

and they have suggested putting "STORY" at the start, so people know it is an FM story rather than a real life news story. I, like a few others I would imagine, think that putting "STORY" at the start of a title would somewhat ruin the effect of the title. So, I am suggesting we change the colour of the "Go to the recent post" button, like so: (I did this quickly in photoshop - sorry its distorted, that's Imageshack's fault))
picture1ko.png

People would then say that when you have viewed the thread once, that button goes away. But having viewed the thread once, surely you will then know it is a story already?

Anyway, I just thought it might be useful.

Last edited:
I have seen a lot of people complaining about story names - such as people being confused by titles of stories like:
and they have suggested putting "STORY" at the start, so people know it is a story rather than a news story. I, like a few others, I would imagine, think that putting "STORY" at the start of a title would somewhat ruin the effect of the title. So, I am suggesting we change the colour of the "Go to the recent post" button, like so: (I did this quickly in photoshop - sorry its distorted, that's Imageshack's fault))
picture1ko.png

People would then say that when you have viewed the thread once, that button goes away. But having viewed the thread once, surely you will then know it is a story already?

Thats a great idea mate, as sometimes i click on something like Wenger Sacked !!!! and when i view it its a story!

and they have suggested putting "STORY" at the start, so people know it is a story rather than a news story. I, like a few others, I would imagine, think that putting "STORY" at the start of a title would somewhat ruin the effect of the title. So, I am suggesting we change the colour of the "Go to the recent post" button, like so: (I did this quickly in photoshop - sorry its distorted, that's Imageshack's fault))
picture1ko.png

Nice to see my thread in there :D

Why don't you just look to the right of the screen where it will say "FM Stories" next to it? oO)

Back