Site Improvements Suggestions

Oh and wheres the like button gone and any feedback on my download cap idea.

Oh and wheres the like button gone and any feedback on my download cap idea.

I am having to temporarily disable a lot of addons to the forum. This is to try and increase the speed of the site as there are simply too many users online.

Do you mean a download limit for each user or overall? It's not something I want to add though as I still want users to be able to download files as its the most popular area of the site and that's what the majority of users come here for.

Quick question, do you ever get perma-banned if you keep getting banned?

If your infractions reach 500 points I believe it is a permanent ban.

I understand that. But what I'm saying is another Improvement suggestion. That every member is heard equally. I made a thread about it a while back, and got about 50 odd 'likes' on the OP so people obviously agreed with me, but it turned into an 'everybody abuse Gregor thread' and got deleted.

It's a short term measure for now, but I'd guess that it will probably end up just staying like this. I think a lot of people actually use the Recent Threads bit quite a lot. I never use the 'new posts' because as I stated before in another thread, if someone brings up an old thread they can get infracted for it, so imo it's pointless but it's not my site so..

I always listen to the members suggestions. I have no plans to keep the recent threads list off the site permanently, please don't jump to conclusions that make it look like the Admins are against you.

Nobody infracts you for posting on a thread that appears on the New Posts tab. They are new posts. It's only annoying when a member replies to a thread that was last posted on years and years ago...not a few minutes/hours. The new posts page has the exact same results that the recent threads block has....just more of them.

I always listen to the members suggestions. I have no plans to keep the recent threads list off the site permanently, please don't jump to conclusions that make it look like the Admins are against you.

Nobody infracts you for posting on a thread that appears on the New Posts tab. They are new posts. It's only annoying when a member replies to a thread that was last posted on years and years ago...not a few minutes/hours. The new posts page has the exact same results that the recent threads block has....just more of them.

Ok Sean...

Last edited:
I am having to temporarily disable a lot of addons to the forum. This is to try and increase the speed of the site as there are simply too many users online.

Do you mean a download limit for each user or overall? It's not something I want to add though as I still want users to be able to download files as its the most popular area of the site and that's what the majority of users come here for.

I mean for each user. I was only meaning temp due to the influx of new users. I think that especially for members who don't really download are being hindered by new members coming in just for downloads. Maybe you could just do it for new members to stop people just coming in for that. Or you could make it a download cap for non-members so maybe 1.5 gig daily for a non member IP Address.

Last edited:
Not for me... yet. Still there.

I still have everything on the right hand side. Also have noticed that the speed of the site picks up later (around now and later), due to there being less members online no doubt.

Stop posting, saying everything that is happening with the site. We will have 50 pages by the end of the week :S

Sean, could you not temporarily disable Sig images and/or avatars, as they can take some time loading.

You can do that yourself in the User CP.

You can do that yourself in the User CP.

I mean totally disable them for all until the site is moved onto the new server, as the sigs can take a while to load, and can make a page take years.

Glad the recent threads list has been shortened.

Sean, could you not temporarily disable Sig images and/or avatars, as they can take some time loading.

Or just animated ones.

*Cough* ;)

EDIT: Epic failure Mikey boy.

Or just animated ones.

*Cough* ;)

'Like'

Yeah, they do take some time to load though.

Or just animated ones.

*Cough* ;)

Dude your avatar is animated. STOP BEING A HYPOCRITE!:'(
Anyway enough spamming for me.^^)

Has the like button been removed, or am I just not getting one :S? Site is a lot faster now, Wooooooooooo.

Has the like button been removed, or am I just not getting one :S? Site is a lot faster now, Wooooooooooo.

Please read through the recent previous post. Sean has already said he has removed some features like the like button to make the site faster as it is going very slow ATM due to the new amount of members.

Back