Site Improvements Suggestions

Any changes been made will return to what they were once the amount of activity decreases.

Hello.

Site is slow again. Just wondering if the search bar could be removed for a while? Might just be me. (Don't want to cause any inconvenience.)

Cheers.

was wondering when the buddy list was comming back as the site i think is back to normal now (A)

a lot quicker now. Usually at this time for me the site would be unusable for me but is back to its normal speed.

the scenario/database download section should be divided in groups, example nation league, nation fantasy leagues and so on

When I had FM2010 I was using JPWoody's "What Tactics Should I Use?' a lot to find out what individual roles to give certain players, but the thread contained 42 pages which makes it very difficult to find advice for a particular player. I tried doing a search but this does not tell you which page the answers are on.

Is there anyway of making it easier to find advice on particular players?

i have an improvement suggestion, how about mods dont close threads that have ongoing discussion cause they dont think its going to happen.

i was pretty sure the general idea of forums was for discussion, must just be me eh?

i have an improvement suggestion, how about mods dont close threads that have ongoing discussion cause they dont think its going to happen.

i was pretty sure the general idea of forums was for discussion, must just be me eh?
The mods close these threads with an ongoing 'discussion' because:
a. They have gone off topic and are starting to turn into spam
b. People are just shouting at each other
c. They where not needed in the first place due to duplicates or what have you

Last edited:

Which thread in particular are you referring to?

Your unnecessary De Gea on I assume?

what are you referring to in particular Gribster? we close threads because:

Just remember, if every member had to start a thread about the same thing (the same argument will occur and there will be over 250 000 of them) search-post-discuss! easy :D

1) it was a duplicate thread, stupid thread, or pointless thread (when we see it, the mod in charge closes it)
2) going off topic as Tharros mentioned above
3) people constantly spamming the thread with irrelevant info

The mods close these threads with an ongoing 'discussion' because:
a. They have gone off topic and are starting to turn into spam
b. People are just shouting at each other
c. They where not needed in the first place due to duplicates or what have you

I love how "shouting" is defined by WRITING IN CAPITAL LETTERS!

Does anyone know when this blog sytem will actually arrive?

I love how "shouting" is defined by WRITING IN CAPITAL LETTERS!
Not necessarily. It could also just be an argument that has got out of hand - ie name calling ect.

AFAIK, the blog system is still a few weeks away.

So, in Players section, there are always many threads whit title something like this:
"Looking for Amc"
"I need MC for my Arsenal squad"
"Good Championship mid-table players?"
...etc. etc. etc

So my suggestion is that maybe Moderators of this site, or Raikan ( I think that he will be the best option) made a stickie where is special list of players, for example good players for Championship League, players for small clubs.. and some similar lists that people could find players which they want. You know what I mean?
smile.gif

So, in Players section, there are always many threads whit title something like this:
"Looking for Amc"
...etc. etc. etc

So my suggestion is that maybe Moderators of this site, or Raikan ( I think that he will be the best option) made a stickie where is special list of players, for example good players for Championship League, players for small clubs.. and some similar lists that people could find players which they want. You know what I mean?
smile.gif

We have went down that road previously, the problem is that the thread gets full of clutter and often people don't get there question answered.

"Looking for Amc"
...etc. etc. etc

smile.gif

I also spent a lot of time a coule of FMs ago making sure there was one thread for each query eg a thread for Man City, a thread for the SPL etc, ans then making a sticky with links to these threads labled READ BEFORE POSTING, no one did

One of the things I don't like on this site is waiting 30 secs between searches.
1) Why is it on?
2) Can you remove it please?

One of the things I don't like on this site is waiting 30 secs between searches.
1) Why is it on?
2) Can you remove it please?

Searches are very server intensive.

1) Without a limit it's open to a denial of service attack
2) No

Back