Site Improvements Suggestions

can't give rep, does this mean Sean is getting rid of it? :)

Is there any way that you could make it so that instead of the post boundaries for Modern Day Legend, etc. you could do it based on quality instead, so noobs who spam loads don't end up with the 'prestigious' status? :P

And reputation = pointless IMO

Is there any way that you could make it so that instead of the post boundaries for Modern Day Legend, etc. you could do it based on quality instead, so noobs who spam loads don't end up with the 'prestigious' status? :P

I like the idea but would be very difficult to implement. Would be more work for the mods since they would have to look at quality of posts. Also would have to decide what makes a post high quality.

to be honest the status' mean nothing, if you spend any time here, you know who talks **** and who talks sense

it would take too much work to do something like that becuase that requires someone reading every single post

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

Watch it, Sean will infract you ;)

Did he have a Mod vote with the Repometer :S Cos no one seems to like it except him.
he isnt just a mod, its his site. And he turned it on becuase all of you were asking for it, even though the idea is a sack of *****, just so you guys would keep quiet

to be honest the status' mean nothing, if you spend any time here, you know who talks **** and who talks sense

it would take too much work to do something like that becuase that requires someone reading every single post

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

No jokes about what my status would be please.

Cheers Mike ;)

he isnt just a mod, its his site. And he turned it on becuase all of you were asking for it, even though the idea is a sack of *****, just so you guys would keep quiet

completly agree with everything in this post. You can look through the pages of this thread and see people arguing for and against the rep system so Sean compromised and put it into effect to see if people liked it. Now he's probs taking it down since, in the words of yourself, 'it's a sack of *****'

A try before you buy deal for Prem Membership?

Maybe a 2 day trial?

A try before you buy deal for Prem Membership?

Maybe a 2 day trial?

You can buy like a day premium membership if I can recall. Maybe people could just do that on the cheap, and if they like it, buy a year.

The vast majority of premium members are downloaders who have never posted on the forums. This is why Sean implemented the shorter term memberships, so someone can sign up for a small price, and get all the downloads they need in a short period.

Premium membership may be '****' to those who are forum regulars, but for those who don't want to wait between downloads it's valuable, as the sales numbers have proved.

And Shay Given, if only you knew what went on in the premium members lounge. ;)

I'd like to have a option of skins to choose. :)

We had that for a while when users found the option to revert back to the previous skin which was orange. It was too server intensive and caused a few compatibility problems if i recall correctly.

And Shay Given, if only you knew what went on in the premium members lounge. ;)

I suppose when he gets premium membership we will have to close the 'Shay Given is a bumhole' thread :(

Back