Site Improvements Suggestions

Would it be possible to make people make say 5 posts before they can create a new thread? It may not stop the new breed of spambots but at least it should stop those stupid Apple and hardware adds popping up? Also the bots that do be banned, do they recieve an IP ban or just a points ban? IV had trouble with one spam message being placed in one of my threads the past 4 days

some how advertising bots are raiding this forum. must do something to stop these posts saying free Ipads , blahahahahah.

Would it be possible to make people make say 5 posts before they can create a new thread? It may not stop the new breed of spambots but at least it should stop those stupid Apple and hardware adds popping up? Also the bots that do be banned, do they recieve an IP ban or just a points ban? IV had trouble with one spam message being placed in one of my threads the past 4 days

so u tried banning BBC?

some how advertising bots are raiding this forum. must do something to stop these posts saying free Ipads , blahahahahah.

Well there the first gen, They only make new threads, so a min post would stop them messages. Not sure if its possible though. However now they have been just spamming random threads with links and a wall of text to try disguise it.

Well there the first gen, They only make new threads, so a min post would stop them messages. Not sure if its possible though. However now they have been just spamming random threads with links and a wall of text to try disguise it.

how about have the captchas Lee stated in registrations forms.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

could the riot cause these unwanted spamming ads. ???? XD

or did the bot hack into the forum ?

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

could the riot cause these unwanted spamming ads. ???? XD

or did the bot hack into the forum ?

I believe the software we had in place to avoid those bots is outdated.

Im using google chrome, and the advertisement at the top of the page for a download for FM11 will not hide, there is no link on the word hide (If you understand what I mean?) Is anyone having the same problem and know how to fix it? Thanks.

just to note, I am also on Chrome and have had no such problemos. :)

Why doesn't live search work with Chrome?

Last edited:
what is up with the attachment drop down menu? cannot see a thing :)

I'll take a look at that tonight. Do you know if it has only broken recently?

Im using google chrome, and the advertisement at the top of the page for a download for FM11 will not hide, there is no link on the word hide (If you understand what I mean?) Is anyone having the same problem and know how to fix it? Thanks.

Works ok for me in Chrome. Do you know what version of Chrome you are using and also what Operating System you are on?

Works ok for me in Chrome. Do you know what version of Chrome you are using and also what Operating System you are on?
I've turned my laptop on today and it seems to be working fine now.

it has not been working for a while hey.. I click the actual paperclip icon and the attachment page opens and I select which pic I want to insert and have to insert the cursor on the line I want to insert the pics on

if I click the dropdown menu a blank white screen appears...

View attachment 192121

Back