Site Improvements Suggestions

i've pm'ed 2 moderators about my infraction problem and had no reply.
the problem is that it was due to expire on the 7th july but now says it will expire on the 6th august
basically can anyone answer if this is suppossed to happen and if not can you remove it?

Oh, you PM'ed me. I remember reading it at work and not having time to respond.

No idea why it has changed, maybe an admin thought you needed it to be longer because you haven't learnt your lesson.

Either way, it won't be going until the 6th of August at the earliest.

Try to be a good boy till then.

i've pm'ed 2 moderators about my infraction problem and had no reply.
the problem is that it was due to expire on the 7th july but now says it will expire on the 6th august
basically can anyone answer if this is suppossed to happen and if not can you remove it?

The infraction you have is for trolling. They expire after 2 months so it looks ok. It could be possible that trolling infractions used to be 1 month when you first got it and has been increased since then.

Navigating this forum is a nightmare. Obviously posting about the same topic again and again becomes annoying for regulars but what choice do us newbies have? I tried searching for 'Josue' because He seemed too good to be true and my search results come up with a thread that's 95 pages long. Apparently with no option to jump to the relevant post.

I can't be the first person to have brought this up (but how would I know?).

If there is something I'm doing wrong i apologise and hope that your response will show other newbies the way.

Navigating this forum is a nightmare. Obviously posting about the same topic again and again becomes annoying for regulars but what choice do us newbies have? I tried searching for 'Josue' because He seemed too good to be true and my search results come up with a thread that's 95 pages long. Apparently with no option to jump to the relevant post.

I can't be the first person to have brought this up (but how would I know?).

If there is something I'm doing wrong i apologise and hope that your response will show other newbies the way.

3NYlO.png

Always best to try searching the Thread Titles first.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2011-players/69625-josue-porto.html

Or you could go onto Google and search "fm-base [player's name]".

I find it hard to find certain posts inside threads, such as the "Who should I buy thread" and other large threads. The "search this thread" bar rarely helps. :/

You're not supposed to be searching those threads really.

Or you could go onto Google and search "fm-base [player's name]".

I find it hard to find certain posts inside threads, such as the "Who should I buy thread" and other large threads. The "search this thread" bar rarely helps. :/

If you want to search a specific thread you can click on Search Thread just underneath the thread title...

Screen%20shot%202011-07-17%20at%2014.25.50.png

You're not supposed to be searching those threads really.

Hmm? For threads like the one where you ask about player roles etc, instead of people constantly asking the same questions about the same players maybe improving the search thread function would help these people find them?

I don't know, if anyone else as said it, but could it at all be possible to receive a notification when someone comments on your thread, just like the way Facebook works for instance. (:

I don't know, if anyone else as said it, but could it at all be possible to receive a notification when someone comments on your thread, just like the way Facebook works for instance. (:

You get them for Quotes/Likes/PM's/VM's, which is enough imo.

You can just click on 'My Threads' at the top right, and the thread will be bolded if it has been commented on since you last looked.

Any chances of animated gifs being allowed as avatars for everyone..Or will it make the forum a bit too messy?

Any chances of animated gifs being allowed as avatars for everyone..Or will it make the forum a bit too messy?

I think you can still use them, but if they are too big and get resized, you lose the animation.

I think you can still use them, but if they are too big and get resized, you lose the animation.

I've tried with small ones as well... But I get a message that goes."You may not upload animated images."

this isn't about the site but the Android app for the site. I can open some threads fine but other threads when I try and load them it just says it can't connect (can't remember exact message off the top of my head, apologies). Also it tells me I have notifications but it wouldn't let me open them. Thoughts?

this isn't about the site but the Android app for the site. I can open some threads fine but other threads when I try and load them it just says it can't connect (can't remember exact message off the top of my head, apologies). Also it tells me I have notifications but it wouldn't let me open them. Thoughts?

Have told Sean about both problems previously. Think the threads thing is only for threads which go over a certain number of posts (or onto two pages - probably says "server error"). Notifications unsure of problem. Assume Sean is looking at them both...

Auto Save content feature is good as I have lost my post before posting by doing something very idiotic many times.

Saw this in Forza Inter forums.. Very good feature..

Last edited:
Back