Site Improvements Suggestions

Well,i thought about this a long time ago but i think it would be pretty hard to do but never mind!
In threads like "which team should i be" in which people are asking for help or suggestions,you see lots of post which remain unanswered and that really ****** me off.
I suggest(if possible) that the users are not allowed to post,untill the previous asking-for-help post is answered.
We could really avoid some chaos.

I've noticed recently that their have been a lot of new network games going up; the forum already has a "looking for a network game thread" - would it be possible to make a "Network Game advertising thread"?

This would collect all these, allow all discussion about joining to be done by PM's, and then the network game section can be made into an area for a section for updating when existing games have lost a member, or technical support.

The amount of spam we get now is unbelievable, do you know if it's bots or actual people, because the layouts of the OPs are all the same, so i'm going more with bots... my suggestion, having a Captcha box at the bottom to prevent any bots from opening threads, to prevent the spam threads getting posted, don't know if it is possible, but it would be a great addition (if these users are indeed bots)...

The only downfall is that BBC Sport have a newsbot here (i think it's a bot anyway) so we wouldn't get as many news threads

EDIT: We had 3 about 10 minutes before i posted this, and now we have another 3 just after i posted... happening far too often

Last edited:
The amount of spam we get now is unbelievable, do you know if it's bots or actual people, because the layouts of the OPs are all the same, so i'm going more with bots... my suggestion, having a Captcha box at the bottom to prevent any bots from opening threads, to prevent the spam threads getting posted, don't know if it is possible, but it would be a great addition (if these users are indeed bots)...

The only downfall is that BBC Sport have a newsbot here (i think it's a bot anyway) so we wouldn't get as many news threads

EDIT: We had 3 about 10 minutes before i posted this, and now we have another 3 just after i posted... happening far too often

We've had 4 in the last hour, the most I've ever seen on the site in such quick succession. FM Base is clearly famous.

Agreed with the captcha box if possible but doubt it is due to the other bots we have on the site. They need to get their stories out.

Is there no way at all apart from IP bans to stop the advertisers for those phones? Just find it suspicious that all of a sudden that this site is being targeted by those arsefaces

While we're on the subject, can people look underneath the spambot's username for 'Banned' before they report their post? Because if we've already punished them for it then get the thread through saying it's been reported then it contributes to us missing posts that we actually need reported.

Thanks ***

We've had 4 in the last hour, the most I've ever seen on the site in such quick succession. FM Base is clearly famous.

Agreed with the captcha box if possible but doubt it is due to the other bots we have on the site. They need to get their stories out.

A captcha for every new thread?...I don't post new threads but imagine that will be more annoying than ignoring a thread which is clearly spam...

Don't see how anyone but the staff should get annoyed by the spam & it's always dealt with pretty sharpish it seems.

P.s. Your font makes me want to vomit.

I don't usually like to moan about the site, because I think it's a great site. But the new boxes for typing in are weird, I dunno whether it's my browser or whatever, but sometimes it doesn't allow me to enter anything and it's weird when I try to copy and paste, it won't paste where I tell it to. Has anyone else had a problem like this?

A captcha for every new thread?...I don't post new threads but imagine that will be more annoying than ignoring a thread which is clearly spam...

Don't see how anyone but the staff should get annoyed by the spam & it's always dealt with pretty sharpish it seems.

P.s. Your font makes me want to vomit.

People aren't going to (Or shouldn't, rather) post lots of new threads per day anyway, so I doubt it'll be an annoyance filling in a captcha box every blue moon.

PS: Makes me want to use it moar.

I don't usually like to moan about the site, because I think it's a great site. But the new boxes for typing in are weird, I dunno whether it's my browser or whatever, but sometimes it doesn't allow me to enter anything and it's weird when I try to copy and paste, it won't paste where I tell it to. Has anyone else had a problem like this?

Everything seems to be fine for me, apart from sometimes when i edit a post, it won't let me save... so i have to refresh the page and edit it.

Hmm, might just be me then. Probs my browser, using Opera if that makes a difference.

Hmm, might just be me then. Probs my browser, using Opera if that makes a difference.

I sometimes get a message asking if I want to leave the page, and I'm using Firefox. Don't get that option with basic Google. So possibly maybe an Opera thing. But I don't use it, so just guessing.

I sometimes get a message asking if I want to leave the page, and I'm using Firefox. Don't get that option with basic Google. So possibly maybe an Opera thing. But I don't use it, so just guessing.

Opera's usually a bunch of balls with these kinda things, so it's probs that then. Cheers. :)

If you are having problems with the editor. Click the button the the top left hand corner which switches it back to the plain old 'source' editor. That should help if you are having a few problems.

Bring Arcade back nao!!!!

Please I miss it

People aren't going to (Or shouldn't, rather) post lots of new threads per day anyway, so I doubt it'll be an annoyance filling in a captcha box every blue moon.

PS: Makes me want to use it moar.

The captcha on registration isn't stopping them so don't see why one on a new thread would anyway.

If you are having problems with the editor. Click the button the the top left hand corner which switches it back to the plain old 'source' editor. That should help if you are having a few problems.

Oh, thanks very much. big help! :)

Back