Site Improvements Suggestions

Tbf some of the ones I've seen done by members have been better and well laid out.

You don't see many threads for the smaller matches though, hopefully someone creates a similar thread to the Live Saturday/Sunday ones.

Is it just me or has the site been almost unbearably slow for quite some time now? That is why I haven't been around. Pages just refuse to load. I may have to ring my ISP if it is just me...

Is it just me or has the site been almost unbearably slow for quite some time now? That is why I haven't been around. Pages just refuse to load. I may have to ring my ISP if it is just me...

If by a while you mean since the day before launch then yes. Otherwise no, I haven't noticed any significant slow downs before then.

If by a while you mean since the day before launch then yes. Otherwise no, I haven't noticed any significant slow downs before then.
Hmm... I might ring my ISP later then. I has been happening for probably a few months now.

The sites always slow for me, and that's nothin to do with my broadband or computer cos they're both mint :S

Hmm... I might ring my ISP later then. I has been happening for probably a few months now.

The site is always going to be a bit slow. We regularly have 1000+ users online at any given time and obviously these past few days the traffic has tripled so the server is getting hammered.

Tharros try the site in the early hours of the day (between 4-6am is the best) and see if the site is any faster for you then.

The site is always going to be a bit slow. We regularly have 1000+ users online at any given time and obviously these past few days the traffic has tripled so the server is getting hammered.

Tharros try the site in the early hours of the day (between 4-6am is the best) and see if the site is any faster for you then.
Hmm it actually seems like it was a Firefox add on that was the problem, or Firefox itself. I haven't tried disabling my addons yet to see if they are actually the cause - it is just a suspicion. I'm using Chrome now and it seems fine. It is strange though... I don't have this issue with any other sites.

Is there any way of categorising the stories in the story section? I really enjoy reading the literature-style stories, but it's such a pain having to trawl through the other rubbish as they are so few and far between. It's just an idea to improve the story section (which gets far too much negative press for my liking) but I'm not sure if it could be easily implemented?

I'm not really sure on the types of categories that could be used either, maybe * Literature Stories, * Video Stories, * Screenshot Stories, * Journalist-style Stories. * Comedy Stories,* Hybrid Stories etc?

can there be more skins for this site instead of the default one and vbulletin style. where did the white version go ??

can there be more skins for this site instead of the default one and vbulletin style. where did the white version go ??

Think Sean removed it because a lack of people used it so he didn't want to maintain it. I, like most people, like the dark skin so I doubt Sean will make another skin for it. I swear I heard if you use Firefox or chrome you can download skins for websites but I could be mistaken

Think Sean removed it because a lack of people used it so he didn't want to maintain it. I, like most people, like the dark skin so I doubt Sean will make another skin for it. I swear I heard if you use Firefox or chrome you can download skins for websites but I could be mistaken

umm... which skin, chromes/firefox skin or this sites skin.

and for chrome/firefox, its called themes, not skins( even if they are) btw.

umm... which skin, chromes/firefox skin or this sites skin.

and for chrome/firefox, its called themes, not skins( even if they are) btw.

I swear I heard that you could change how the sites look using those web browsers somehow but I could be wrong

I removed the light skin. It was only something quick and wasn't fully supported and with every little update it kept getting worse so I decided to remove it from the site.

Heres my suggestion: I think the story section should be given more attention.
It has took off fairly positively with a few good stories so far. I would like if it was properly moderated. Jak Fulham doesnt seem too keen with it this year and has not done much with the section in terms of rules and stickies.

Heres my suggestion: I think the story section should be given more attention.
It has took off fairly positively with a few good stories so far. I would like if it was properly moderated. Jak Fulham doesnt seem too keen with it this year and has not done much with the section in terms of rules and stickies.

This. I don't really think I've ever seen any of the story section moderators on the actual section?

Back