Six Nations 2011

Reaction score
Anyone going to be following this years Six Nations, I for one can't wait for it to kick off tomorrow night.

I think if England have a good start and win against Wales tomorrow night then it's ours for the taking.

Predictions:

1. England
2. France
3. Ireland
4. Wales
5. Scotland
6. Italy

I am so pumped for this... kinda dissapointed that Manu Tuilagi wasn't brought into the England squad, looks very promising

Can't wait! England have a good chance. Italy to get wooden spoon as per usual, Wales to come fourth.

cannot wait for tomorrow night! Six Nations :wub:

I am so pumped for this... kinda dissapointed that Manu Tuilagi wasn't brought into the England squad, looks very promising
I think he would have been a great addition to the squad, stick him on the bench and he could come on and change the game.

Best bit is the Calcutta Cup

Hope we can get it back off you :)

For once, I might follow it. I'd love to see Scotland do quite well this year.

I have to say I dont see England winning this as seen by the quality of teams in the Heineken cup.
Saracens who are second in the premiership AFAIK came last in the group all be it a hard group but still the other teams were from Ireland and France. I feel Ireland have a really Good chance as we finally have a good prop in Mike Ross and I dont see any other weaknesses now. My predictions are Ireland/France 1st Winner of tomorrow nights match 3rd and Scotland 5th Italy 6th

I think England/France will win this year but it should be a great tournament overall and hopefully there is a lot of attacking rugby. In response to Brian, Saracens do have a HUGE injury list and England don't play Saracens players anyway and that is shown by the fact that there is only 1 Saracens player in the elite player squad and about 5 in the Saxons. Hopefully i'll get tickets for the France and Scotland games :)

I have to say I dont see England winning this as seen by the quality of teams in the Heineken cup.
Saracens who are second in the premiership AFAIK came last in the group all be it a hard group but still the other teams were from Ireland and France. I feel Ireland have a really Good chance as we finally have a good prop in Mike Ross and I dont see any other weaknesses now. My predictions are Ireland/France 1st Winner of tomorrow nights match 3rd and Scotland 5th Italy 6th

I agree with this.

You talk about Saracens, but they have only one player in the England EPS squad (David Strettle) and I would very much doubt any of Saracens players will play in the Six Nations.

French teams have a very large salary cap and have big money to bring in the best players. They also concentrate a lot more on the Heineken Cup then the French League.

Irish teams haven't been superb, Leinster have been immpressive but Munster failed to get out the group.

So personally I think it will be England's year but I'll most probably be wrong now I've said that.

Can't wait for tomorrow. I love the Six Nations :wub:

I get goosebumps over that opening music...

Time to go. Come on England!

England win 19-26! Great, great game. Floody was immense.

Last edited:
Anyone have any opinions on the first week of matches

England didn't play superbly but grabbed an important win.
France look fantastic attacking, but Scotland looked okay and managed to score 3 tries against them so I think England should be able to get a win over them.
Ireland incredibly lucky to scrape a win against brave but still a sub standard Italy side.

Somehow I seem to have missed this thread... Anyway, I love the Six Nations, and prefer it to any football tournament that's on. Going to go to the Scotland Italy game in a few weeks time so that should be good.

Hopefully we can get a win against Wales tomorrow. We looked encouraging against France, and our attack was very good in scoring 3 tries, and area in which we previously struggled. The 2 worries are our scrum, which looked very shaky and conceded a penalty try, and being turned over in the middle of the pitch. I'd prefer to see De Luca replaced at centre and Sean Lamont come in for Nikki Walker on the wing. We miss Graeme Morrison at inside centre, and Ansbro needs to be on form defensively to stop Roberts. We're in better form than Wales coming into the game though, so I'm optimistic about the result.

Somehow I seem to have missed this thread... Anyway, I love the Six Nations, and prefer it to any football tournament that's on. Going to go to the Scotland Italy game in a few weeks time so that should be good.

Hopefully we can get a win against Wales tomorrow. We looked encouraging against France, and our attack was very good in scoring 3 tries, and area in which we previously struggled. The 2 worries are our scrum, which looked very shaky and conceded a penalty try, and being turned over in the middle of the pitch. I'd prefer to see De Luca replaced at centre and Sean Lamont come in for Nikki Walker on the wing. We miss Graeme Morrison at inside centre, and Ansbro needs to be on form defensively to stop Roberts. We're in better form than Wales coming into the game though, so I'm optimistic about the result.

Six Nations FTW :wub:

Scotland certainly look encouraging against France but the scrum was atrocious and considering you have Euan Murray that was very surprising. Scotland look like much more of a threat this year then they have for many years and imo they should beat Wales. Hopefully Kelly Brown grabs a try :wub:

A great 59-13 win for England over the Italians with Chris Ashton getting just the four tries.
Looking forward to the second game of the afternoon, Scotland v Wales, I think it could be a very good game.

England pwned in that game - has Ashton got the Six Nations record for number of tries in a campaign yet :p