So, What Type Of Mobile Phone Do You Have?

Sorry for the off topic comment btw

I bet there isn't much difference between the fake iphone and the real one tbh. Does the job!

The point of the iPhone isn't utilitarian, though, it's an aesthetic thing as well, so the fake is quite pointless on that count is what I'm trying to get across :)

Samsung Corby for me! Just a basic touch screen phone! (H)

I used to have blackberry but the ball in the middle broke :( So I went to Nokia.

The fake Prada handbag looks somewhat like a Prada handbag. That doesn't look like an iPhone other than the general ******* shape of it.

The point of the iPhone isn't utilitarian, though, it's an aesthetic thing as well, so the fake is quite pointless on that count is what I'm trying to get across :)

Stuart was trying to point out that there is a difference of about £450 between these phones, and the only reason you have the iPhone is because you want to be seen as "cool" for having one, and you've proven that point. ipod's were here first, most phones £80+ can browse facebook, twitter, send e-mails and even have apps. Why would you need an iPhone?

I don't see why you are so aggresive though, if you consider yourself a better person than others because you own an iPhone then you are quite a sad guy..

There is a general misconception regarding iPhone users these days.
There are so many products on the market these days, that almost everybody can be accused of buying something "to look cool".
Whether it's a mobile phone, a car, a certain jacket/trainers etc.. Everybody is guilty at some point in their lives.

I bought the iPhone for several reasons. I marketed and supplied mobile phones in Ireland for 8 years and have a fairly educated opinion on what is reliable and worth owning.
I tested the multitude of smart phones on the market and the only item that met all My specific needs was the iPhone 3gs.

The infantile argument regarding which phone/console/football boot etc.. is best, will rage on until people actually grow up, take a look at the world objectively and realise that one man's poison is another man's medicine.

Last edited:
Stuart was trying to point out that there is a difference of about £450 between these phones, and the only reason you have the iPhone is because you want to be seen as "cool" for having one, and you've proven that point. ipod's were here first, most phones £80+ can browse facebook, twitter, send e-mails and even have apps. Why would you need an iPhone?

I don't see why you are so aggresive though, if you consider yourself a better person than others because you own an iPhone then you are quite a sad guy..
Where have I indicated even slightly that I consider myself a better person because I own a different gismo than someone else? You're reading way too much into things.

I don't think I'm cool because I have an iPhone and it's not the reason I have one, it's because I think it's superior to the other smartphones available, and that includes Blackberry and HTC, at least in the way that I use it.

all this iphone arguing is bullshit. apple fan boys please stop defending yourselves, you paid too much for an aesthetically pleasing piece of kit, stuart used his head and paid peanuts for something that does a remarkably similar job. but im not going to argue with you about it.

if theres any more ''my phones better than your phone'' ****, then there will be infractions.

anyone who posts anything other than a picture of their phone/the phones name and a description about it will feel my wrath. of course you are allowed to ask each other about the features etc and have a discussion about the pros and cons, but none of the **** weve seen in the past few hours ok?

heres mine: Blackberry Bold 9000

blackberry-bold.jpg

i like the push email features which imo are the the most reliable on the market, i need to stay in touch via email for work at all times. also im not a fan of touch screens and qwerty keyboard = win for me

Last edited:
iPhone 3gs, didnt pay a penny for it.
Great value. ;)

iphone-3gs.jpg

I have a 'Meizu M8'. Most of you lot won't have heard of it.
Its basicaly the biggest iPhone clone around, with all the main features of an iPhone but at a cheaper price.

I've had it for about 2 weeks now and im pretty impressed. Especially when i got it for 100 squid and the actual iPhones are going for what, £400?

Here's a few pictures of this badboy:

Nokia 6500 Slide.

Before anyone asks: it's ****, it crashes during texting, the memory card is too small for it's holder..

but I got a free PS3 with it (A)

Its basicaly the biggest iPhone clone around, with all the main features of an iPhone but at a cheaper price.

I've had it for about 2 weeks now and im pretty impressed. Especially when i got it for 100 squid and the actual iPhones are going for what, £400?

I vant zat phone!!!

Sorry, the techincal German side of me got excited, I have to contend with my sub-par LG Cookie. I don't want much out of a phone, it does it's job with no fuss, I don't want super random apps like an iPhone has. All I requested was a touch screen phone that was simple to use, I don't use my phone all that much so why pay £400 for something that will hardly be used

Is it good? Where can you find it?

Is it good? Where can you find it?

It's an very good phone so far. I don't know everything about the phone yet as i've only had it a short while but so far im very satisfied with it.
I got mine off of Ebay. Most go on there for around £150-200, but i was lucky enough to get it for £100 (£102 to be exact).

The phone is sold exclusively in China so unless your going over there, Ebay is your best bet.

It's an very good phone so far. I don't know everything about the phone yet as i've only had it a short while but so far im very satisfied with it.
I got mine off of Ebay. Most go on there for around £150-200, but i was lucky enough to get it for £100 (£102 to be exact).

The phone is sold exclusively in China so unless your going over there, Ebay is your best bet.

is it designed for the UK market or the Chinese one though? foreign countries, particularly Asia and Australia work on a different mobile frequency, meaning in the UK you may experieince signal drop out, as i learned to my cost when the N95 i took back from australia with me would often lose signal for no reason, sometimes taking 2 or 3 minutes to find it again. have you had any similar problems?

Last edited:
is it designed for the UK market or the Chinese one though? foreign countries, particularly Asia and Australia work on a different mobile frequency, meaning in the UK you may experieince signal drop out, as i learned to my cost when the N95 i took back from australia with me would often lose signal for no reason, sometimes taking 2 or 3 minutes to find it again. have you had ny simialr problems?

Im not to sure to be honest. Although they are planning to release the phone across Europe as it has been a huge success in China. I haven't experienced any problems with my signal as of yet. However, before i purchased the phone i read a number of reviews that voiced their concerns over a simliar problem. I have the Meizu M8 SE though(second edition) which could have solved that problem as i haven't experienced any yet.