So, who should Kenny buy?

Sulsey

Reaction score
I'm sure it's not just me that thinks Liverpool's squad is weaker than it has been for a while. From what I've heard and seen, the funds are there, so who should Kenny buy? If anyone.

Liverpool need a few players yes, but they won't find them in January.

Can't see any world class/marquee signings coming to Liverpool with the uncertainty surrounding Torres, Reina and even Gerrard.

Also who would want to sign for a caretaker manager?

If anyone comes in it will be more average squad fillers a la Poulsen.

Id like 4 players which i think would makes us challengers for top 4 and higher again

Suarez- ST 16-18million
Elajro Elia - LW 12-15million
Ashley Young - LW/RW 12-15million
Coentrao - LB Not sure on price around 10million?

With these 4
Reina
Glen - Carra - Agger - Coentrao
Young - Gerrard - Meireles - Eila
Torres - Suarez

EDIT: Obviously that is unlikely as their class players BUT if they dont come and all we can get is other poulsen's, Konchesky's ETC then id rather wait till summer and buy no-one as the reason were in this mess is cus of selling first teamers and buying squad fillers EG Alonso and Masch sold lucas, Meireles, Poulsen brought it :/

Last edited:
i doubt liverpool will sign anyone just yet

i doubt liverpool will sign anyone just yet

I wouldnt be suprised if they didn't, but it would be good for teh fans to see after a few bad transfer windows.

Maybe kenny will get more out of what is already at the club anyway.

Can't see any world class/marquee signings coming to Liverpool with the uncertainty surrounding Torres, Reina and even Gerrard.

Also who would want to sign for a caretaker manager?

If anyone comes in it will be more average squad fillers a la Poulsen.

I agree, but with the financial backing there, players may feel more keen to move to Liverpool surrounding the sound future of the club and the possibility of world class manager/players? Although, I agree, I highly doubt good players will want to sign for a caretaker manager.

benitez as his successor (6)

seriously though i think they do have some good players other than torres and gerrard but are just not playing to their potential players like j. cole, babel, kuyt they have been quite poor this year, imo liverpool dont need to spend to much..... just need better managing/coaching

Let torres go, get 50mill for him, sell the players that dont show fight and power. And bring in some british players that know what the club is about!

I.e. Young, Richards, Henderson, Cahill, SWP.

I suppose now Woy's gone you won't sign Dickson Etuhu.

I think it will be more Comolli doing the transfers rather than Kenny seeing as he's only at Liverpool on temporary basis.

Id like 4 players which i think would makes us challengers for top 4 and higher again

Suarez- ST 16-18million
Elajro Elia - LW 12-15million
Ashley Young - LW/RW 12-15million
Coentrao - LB Not sure on price around 10million?

With these 4
Reina
Glen - Carra - Agger - Coentrao
Young - Gerrard - Meireles - Eila
Torres - Suarez

EDIT: Obviously that is unlikely as their class players BUT if they dont come and all we can get is other poulsen's, Konchesky's ETC then id rather wait till summer and buy no-one as the reason were in this mess is cus of selling first teamers and buying squad fillers EG Alonso and Masch sold lucas, Meireles, Poulsen brought it :/

No way would Villa sell young for less than 20m let alone 15m.

Thing your main priority is to get Torres firing again.

I think you need a CM, CB, A very tricky and direct winger, and maybe a striker.

You'll probably only get one in Jan though.

Let torres go, get 50mill for him, sell the players that dont show fight and power. And bring in some british players that know what the club is about!

Yeah.... Let's sell Torres just because he hasn't scored in the past few games.. I think you should be in charge of Liverpool's transfers from now on! oO)

what about someone like kevin davies, he is strong, can hold the ball up for torres and can grab you some scruffy goals that you've lacked all season.

Yeah.... Let's sell Torres just because he hasn't scored in the past few games.. I think you should be in charge of Liverpool's transfers from now on! oO)

Hasnt done much all season tbh? the amount of money we could sell him for, and bring in some fresh new talent would be silly to turn down. Why are we still relying on Torres/Gerrard?

Young richards and SWP are all over-rated IMO. HAHA!
as a Liverpool fan you should be ashamed, especially cos you wanna sell Torres.

Whether it's now, or in the summer.
We need a left back, centre back, a back up RB for Kelly :)P)
a winger and a good backup for Torres. NOT a partner

Elia would be a fantastic signing and is probably achievable in Jan. Liverpool also need to start playing Babel regularly and I'm sure he can contribute more than some of the other wingers at the club. Babel and Elia down the wings would be a scary prospect for any defence