Something a Little Different: A Brighton & Hove Albion Story

Good story. May do my own. I'm 3 seasons in but may try and go back to find some screens for my Everton game.

Thanks for the comment mate! Yeah, look to see what you can do and get it uploaded! :)

Maybe an empty dream. Since you can only get the results it will e hard to find out positions of teams. I tarted in February and got ruben brigido on a free. Good player to get on a free. Was average enough because he was only 20 and I had better players but he would be very good in the championship and coud do a good job in the prem as well. Thievy bifouma is also a good free transfer. Young very quick and plays well on the aml. Both were emergency signings but both did very well. Could add something to our side if your looking for cheap players.

Maybe an empty dream. Since you can only get the results it will e hard to find out positions of teams. I tarted in February and got ruben brigido on a free. Good player to get on a free. Was average enough because he was only 20 and I had better players but he would be very good in the championship and coud do a good job in the prem as well. Thievy bifouma is also a good free transfer. Young very quick and plays well on the aml. Both were emergency signings but both did very well. Could add something to our side if your looking for cheap players.

Thanks for the suggestions mate, I'll give them a look before next season starts. Would anybody want me to push for an April update tonight or just wait 'till morning?

You should leave it. The extra time makes it better. If you rush it you may make mistakes.

Last edited:
Some great signings there especially Moses and Guidetti, look good for the title.

View attachment 271467
April Round-Up

View attachment 271468

April began off as a good month for The Seagulls. Comfortable 3-0 and 3-1 wins over Millwall and Leeds United preceded an FA Cup Semi-final clash with Premier League Newcastle United. Shane Duffy scored a late header to send Brighton and Hove Albion fans into mad celebrations as they progressed through to the FA Cup Final. Following the fantastic result, Jason Mann's side were brought straight back down to earth as they were thoroughly dominated away at Watford.

In the last three games of the season, manager Jason Mann called on his players to beat the best ever points total in the Championship which was set by Reading in the 2005-2006 season. With three games remaining, they were six points away from his goal.

They started off the final three games in amazing fashion - dominating a strong Middlesbrough team 5-1 at home. A disappointing 2-2 draw at the Amex with Birmingham meant that The Seagulls had to win their final game to achieve Mann's high target.

A convincing 3-0 at Leicester guaranteed that Brighton and Hove Albion now hold the record for the most points in a Championship season - with just one more than the previous record. They also scored 99 league goals - equalling Readings previous record which was also set in the 2005-2006 season.

View attachment 271469
Brighton and Hove Albion secured their nPower Championship win with a huge seventeen point gap between themselves and second placed Wolverhampton Wanderers. In the month of May, they face a tough FA Cup Final game at Wembley against Swansea City.

Player of the Month: Mamady Sidibe

View attachment 271474

Mamady Sidibe came up with the goals once more in a month when The Seagulls really needed them. His contract has been extended for another year as his goals may prove valuable in the Premier League.

Right, that's the league season over with. I just have the FA Cup Final to post and then the first season is over. How would you guys like me to post that? In detail like both teams' formation etc or just a small match overview? And would you guys like to see a season review or something? Let me know! :)

Right, that's the league season over with. I just have the FA Cup Final to post and then the first season is over. How would you guys like me to post that? In detail like both teams' formation etc or just a small match overview? And would you guys like to see a season review or something? Let me know! :)
Lots of detail would be nice as its just one game, maybe a stats based view on the 'Squad' page to see apps/goals/assists/MOM's/rating

Then get ready with transfers and start of the Prem ;-)

Lots of detail would be nice as its just one game, maybe a stats based view on the 'Squad' page to see apps/goals/assists/MOM's/rating

Then get ready with transfers and start of the Prem ;-)

Yeah I guess it's a big game for a club from the Championship haha!

View attachment 271486
Swansea vs. Brighton: Build Up

View attachment 271487

Premier League Swansea City field a strong team. The midfield trio of Michu, Ki and Jonathan de Guzman will hope they can unlock the youthful Brighton defence. Defenders Neil Taylor, Chico Flores and Angel Rangel are all in great form and will be hard to break down.

View attachment 271488

Championship outfit Brighton and Hove Albion field a similarly in-form starting eleven. Attacking trio Craig Noone, Victor Moses and Mamady Sidibe are all in the goals at the minute and will hope to keep up that form. McArthur and Jali will provide the steal in the middle of the park as Modise is left to roam. Goalkeeper Kuszczak is in the form of his life and will be hoping for a clean sheet today.

View attachment 271490
Two in-form sides come together today. Swansea City are currently sitting in 7th place in the Premier League with one game remaining. nPower Championship winners Brighton and Hove Albion have had a little break before this and should look the fresher of the two sides. Out of form striker Danny Graham starts for Swansea which may be a worry of theirs but Michael Laudrup has faith in his side.

View attachment 271491
Strangely enough, today's key players are both left-backs. Youngster Neil Taylor starts for Swansea whilst experienced Wayne Bridge incredibly earns in 58th appearance of this long season. The referee today is Howard Webb after being chosen from several elite referees. Unfortunately today at Wembley, it's raining which will make the surface very slippery and the players will have to make sure their passes are 100% correct on this unpredictable surface.

View attachment 271497
Swansea 0-3 Brighton

View attachment 271498

Brighton and Hove Albion are the new FA Cup Winners! An incredible performance from The Seagulls won them the illustrious trophy against Premier League oppositon.

Swansea started the game well when Shechter found Danny Graham who smashed his shot against the post before following up and striking the ball again, only for Shane Duffy to clear off the line. In the 33rd minute, however, Championship side Brighton took the lead. A free-kick was whipped in by midfielder Modise and Man of the Match Lewis Dunk got on the end of it. A bullet header took the ball past 'keeper Vorm.

As the second half started, substitute right-back Vincelot played a ball through to Craig Noone who was one-on-one with the 'keeper. Unfortunately for the south coast side, he smashed his shot over the bar. Just minutes later, loanee winger Victor Moses hit a long shot from 20 yards out which crashed against the post before the ball was cleared.

Coming towards the end of the game, Victor Moses stole a run on Swansea right-back Angel Rangel who swiped at Moses' legs. A second yellow card for the Spanish defender meant the Swans were reduced to 10 men. The spaces began opening up and Craig Noone crossed for unmarked Victor Moses to tap home from inside the box. In the 92nd minute, as Swansea were getting desperate, a long ball was played forward to Mamady Sidibe. Swansea 'keeper Michel Vorm came storming out of his goal too early and experienced Sidibe lobbed the keeper from twenty yards out.

As the final whistle blew, the wild celebrations began on the south coast as Brighton will play in next years Europa League!

View attachment 271503

I'm thinking about doing a season review. However I'm not sure whether to do a Brighton season review i.e focusing on the cup runs and doing well in the league, top scorers and top ratings etc. Or should I do an overall English review with Premier League, Championship in and maybe the two European competitions? Let me know what you guys think/would like to see!

I'm thinking about doing a season review. However I'm not sure whether to do a Brighton season review i.e focusing on the cup runs and doing well in the league, top scorers and top ratings etc. Or should I do an overall English review with Premier League, Championship in and maybe the two European competitions? Let me know what you guys think/would like to see!

I'm just eagerly awaiting who you sign for next season as you had an absolutely quality team for the Championship and i'm interested on how you build on that!

I'd say focus on your season, your players (who performed well, who needs replacing etc) and then just list winners of English competitions as well as those qualifying for Champions league, the relegated teams and the winner of the champions league.

I'm just eagerly awaiting who you sign for next season as you had an absolutely quality team for the Championship and i'm interested on how you build on that!

I'd say focus on your season, your players (who performed well, who needs replacing etc) and then just list winners of English competitions as well as those qualifying for Champions league, the relegated teams and the winner of the champions league.

Yeah I'll focus on my season then. :)

And I have a feeling next year is going to be very hard. Many of my star players are only on loan so replacing them will be a difficult challenge. Thanks for your comment! :)