Something a Little Different: A Brighton & Hove Albion Story

View attachment 271511
Brighton: Season Review

View attachment 271512
Brighton and Hove Albion absolutely dominated the 2011-2012 nPower Championship. They scored a massive 99 goals - equalling the record - and only conceded 33; meaning The Seagulls can be proud that they had both the best defence and attack in the league. Out of a possible 138 points, Albion picked up 107 - breaking the record for the number of points in one season.

View attachment 271513
View attachment 271514
Amazingly, their form wasn't limited to the league. A fantastic early cup run in the Capital One Cup saw the team beat giants Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur before being knocked out by Stoke City on penalties. An even better cup run came towards the end of the season as they managed to beat Premier League teams: Tottenham Hotspur, West Bromwich Albion, Newcastle United and Swansea City on their way to winning the prestigious FA Cup.

View attachment 271516
The squad that finished their fantastic season looked quite strong - although many of the key players were only on loan. Mamady Sidibe was the top scorer in al competitions (23) whilst winger Craig Noone was in a close second (22). Both players get 17 goals in the league. Goals came from all around the team including midfield and defence. Players like Teko Modise, Adile Jali and Craig Noone will surely be star players next year.

You got some really good loans though, i'm sure you can pick a few more up again to really strengthen you. I don't use massive amounts of loans, but if it keeps you up and even gets you a bit of a cup run in Europe until your reputation improves and you have more cash it'll be well worth it.

You got some really good loans though, i'm sure you can pick a few more up again to really strengthen you. I don't use massive amounts of loans, but if it keeps you up and even gets you a bit of a cup run in Europe until your reputation improves and you have more cash it'll be well worth it.

Yeah, I'm already looking at a few haha. Don't want too many though because I came over-reliant on them in the Championship. By the way, in the screenshot above, I put a black box over a play cause I've just signed him - if anybody was wondering why there's a black box there haha :)

This is great , man ! Top quality stuff !

What tactics are you using though ?

This is great , man ! Top quality stuff !

What tactics are you using though ?

Cheers.

And I'm using a tactic somebody made for their story a while ago. I've changed it a lot as the first season progressed though for players like Modise and Sidibe. It's a 4-2-3-1

View attachment 271658
June & July Round-Up

View attachment 271659

Pre-season started off well for Jason Mann and his team. Mexican outfit Chivas visited the Amex and were well beaten in an interesting contest. Brighton then travelled to Blackpool and battered the home side 5-0. A tour of France followed for the south coast team as they played Red Star 93 and Libourne who suffered 3-0 and 5-0 losses respecively. To end their pre-season, Brighton travelled to Mini Estadi to play the "B" team of Barcelona. Former Barcelona player Dongou scored a hat-trick in a 6-1 victory.

View attachment 271660

Jason Mann did well to snap up a trio of free agents in Mikael Lustig, Alberto Paloschi and Scott Brown before other teams made approaches. The three players will hope to play a big part in the coming season. Strikers Christian Benitez and Jean Marie Dongou joined the club for a combined fee of £6,600,000. Young goalkeeper Jack Butland signed for £2,000,000 from Championship side Birmingham and will hope to become the number one 'keeper at the Amex this year. Experienced midfield pair Tomas Rosicky and Leon Osman joined from Arsenal and Everton for a combined fee of £4,000,000.

Manager Jason Mann obviously put his defence at the top of the agenda to improve as he signed a further four defenders in: Stefan de Vrij, Bongani Khumalo and Yanga Mbiwa who joined for a combined fee of £9,600,000 while Chelsea right-back Cesar Azpilicueta joined on a season-long loan deal. Andy Carroll also joined on a year-long loan deal, although he got injured in the friendly against Blackpool and was subsequently sent back to Liverpool.

View attachment 271662
Ashley Barnes, Will Buckley and Ferrie Bodde were the first to leave the Amex for a combined fee of £1,750,000. Yaser Kasim, Anton Rodgers, Mitch Walker, Jamie Strong, Ben Dickenson, Raphael Branco, Bruno and Ryan Simmonds were all released after manager Jason Mann didn't feel they were good enough for the Premier League. Experienced midfielder Vicente also left the Amex for free after rejecting a new deal with Albion to join relegated Betis. Ryan Harley and Craig Mackail-Smith were loaned out for the second season in a row while Andrew Crofts left on a permanent deal for £1,500,000 to Championship side Nottingham Forest.

Let me know what you guys think of my signings and let me know where you think I'll be come the end of the season! Your comments are much appreciated :)

Some really good signings mate, got rid of deadwood and brought in some really good experienced players, can see a top 10 finish is on the cards

amazing transfers mate! great stuff, Butland is an absolute steal at 2mil! Carroll is an awesome signing, I've just signed him on my story, but I'm in 2016. Mind if you check it out? Make sure to read the introduction if you do, anyhow keep it up the great work m8! :D
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-career-revival-joe-jones-managers-story.html
thanks alot

p.s. If I were you, I'd stick Benitez at DLF. He got 23 goals from that position in a previous save with Everton for me, again KIU :)

Very, very good signings, I think you could get a very respectable finish with those players.

Not fancy returning for Victor Moses on loan again or was he not listed this season? It could actually be a very good thing as if he wasn't listed for loan he probably wont play much and could get transfer-listed by request towards the end of the season.

Very, very good signings, I think you could get a very respectable finish with those players.

Not fancy returning for Victor Moses on loan again or was he not listed this season? It could actually be a very good thing as if he wasn't listed for loan he probably wont play much and could get transfer-listed by request towards the end of the season.

Yeah, he wasn't listed. During pre-season he claimed he wanted first-team football to the press so I offered to take him on loan and Chelsea rejected my loan deal 'cause he had first-team commitments although afterwards he said he wanted to move to me so it was all down to Chelsea rejecting it. Look out for my next update though, I have an equally impressive loan deal from Chelsea!

And since my last reply, there have been new developments with Victor. Watch this space ;)

View attachment 271730

August Round-Up

View attachment 271731

August started off with a Community Shield clash against Premier League winners Arsenal for Brighton and Hove Albion. An evenly contested game was settled on penalties in a bizarre encounter. Neither team managed to find the net in their first four attempts. On the fifth penalty, Brighton missed and Kieran Gibbs scored for Arsenal to hand them the trophy.

The Premier League season started off with a home game to Jason Mann's home town team Sunderland. New signing Christian Benitez scored five goals to give Brighton a fantastic 7-1 win. Albion had their first taste of Europa League football as they comfortably beat Bulgarian side Levski at home in a 3-1 win. Following the European success, The Seagulls travelled north to face giants Liverpool at the renowned Anfield. An even game came to a close with a late Luis Suarez goal which gave The Reds all three points.

To end the month, Brighton travelled to Bulgaria for the second leg of their European tie. A comfortable 4-0 win meant they were drawn in a group compromised of Russian giants Zenit, French side FC Lorient and Portuguese team Maritimo.

View attachment 271732

During August, manager Jason Mann secured several big transfers. Giovani dos Santos joined from Spurs for £3,700,000 whilst Chelsea pair Oscar and Victor Moses joined Albion. Oscar signed on a year-long loan deal whilst Victor Moses makes a permanent return to the Amex after spending last season on loan with the south coast outfit. Young goalkeeper (regen) Ian Rooney signed for £100,000 from Crewe. The only outgoing transfer of August for The Seagulls was young goalkeeper Daniel East joining Conference side AFC Wimbledon on a season-long loan.

Player of the Month: Oscar

View attachment 271733

Young loanee Oscar put in some great performances for Albion since joining from Chelsea. His assists against Sunderland were especially valuable and looked to link up well with South African midfielder Teko Modise.

You've done fantastic in the transfer window, some brilliant players at great prices! Oscar and Carroll both on loan! Butland for very cheap!

You've done fantastic in the transfer window, some brilliant players at great prices! Oscar and Carroll both on loan! Butland for very cheap!

Thanks mate. Yeah, unfortunately Carroll had to go back 'cause he got injured.

View attachment 271817
Brighton and Hove Albion reveal late kit deal!

View attachment 271819View attachment 271818

Brighton Chairman Tony Bloom has today announced his teams new kit alongside Manager Jason Mann. Despite starting the season in last years kit, Bloom has released details of the official 2012-2013 kit. Both kits feature Albion's traditional colours of blue and white. The home kit is mainly blue with white details whilst the away kit features white as the main colour with blue details.

This years kit maker is American giant Nike - a change from last years Errea. The main sponsor has also changed for the new season with Brighton and Hove Jobs losing their place on the shirt to make way for American Express - the clubs' stadium sponsor. Both Chairman and Manager hope that the new kits will inspire the club onto great things this year in the Premier League.