Spin the Wheel 4-2-3-1 (Godlike version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
every single winger in this game just ALWAYS outplays my wingback. they just let them pass and they run with him for fun it seems. it's just awful to see! helpless... just helpless.

i have noticed this too, i think it may be the match engine rather than the tactic as i have noticed this happening on a couple of tactics i have tried. my fullbacks are just not even attempting to tackle the opposition wingers most of the time, they just seem to stand off while the winger runs 40 yards unchallenged. anyone got any ideas on how to get the fullbacks to actually put a tackle in. i already tried increasing the closing down a little but made no difference

nottingham forest championship p7 w1 d3 l3, i changed the trequarista to AM and the striker to CF and since then its been p10 w8 d2. im not getting loadsa of goals but im winning. the goals i do get have been shared about

No time to answer everybody atm, New years eve u know :P I will look at all the posts tomorrow. Happy new year everybody!

This tactic started showing good signs early for me. Stating the obvious it may seem, but having players with low morale they will struggle. I also find this tactic a little inconsistent. I have Gerrard as IF and Suarez as T and this was working well, once Suarez got injured I used Kozak as TM and then my AMC as a AM. On the whole this tactic is good if you are a well oiled team as said previously in this post. It may take a while to get going but once you have the right balance in your squad its a strong force.

Alot of my goals seem to be coming from the Wingers and the AM - With the 2 CM's what roles are you guys giving them? :)

This tactic started showing good signs early for me. Stating the obvious it may seem, but having players with low morale they will struggle. I also find this tactic a little inconsistent. I have Gerrard as IF and Suarez as T and this was working well, once Suarez got injured I used Kozak as TM and then my AMC as a AM. On the whole this tactic is good if you are a well oiled team as said previously in this post. It may take a while to get going but once you have the right balance in your squad its a strong force.

Alot of my goals seem to be coming from the Wingers and the AM - With the 2 CM's what roles are you guys giving them? :)

My old tactic (4-5-1) works with Liverpool. I won the EPL the first season playing them. With the new tactic you will probably need a new Advanced forward and use suarez as trequartista, with gerrard/lucas as CM's.

Last edited:

The CM's should have the CM role imo. You could have one of them play with defend duty if you want.

nottingham forest championship p7 w1 d3 l3, i changed the trequarista to AM and the striker to CF and since then its been p10 w8 d2. im not getting loadsa of goals but im winning. the goals i do get have been shared about

Yeah, some roles just doesn't fit some players, weird right :P

I am atm trying the 4-2-3-1 out with Portsmouth in League 1. Started the save in June to make sure the tactic gets fluid before the league starts. As you probably know pompey is having some big financial problems and in the op you said that i could change the role to almost whatever i want without any specific loss to the tactic itself? Is that right mate?

To my question then, would it be possible to change the two CMs maybe? One as BWM and one as DLP?

cheers and thanks for a (so far) good tactic! ;)

You can try, and post the results :) That's how I learn what works and what doesn't for different types of clubs :)

View attachment 295976View attachment 295977View attachment 295978View attachment 295979

Fantastic tactic, good movement from players and makes them play brilliant team moves as well as individual wonder goals, first half of the season was your first tactic, the 4-5-1 and then swapped to the 4-2-3-1 following your suggestion, the training tweaks worked well although the player roles for ST and AMC had to be tweaked quite regularly to get the best out of my team, with this Gareth Bale won best player in Europe over Messi, Lloris Golden Glove, Defoe top goalscorer, as well as some players in team of the year, it did struggle against Juventus playing a wide 3-5-2 and thus saw me get knocked out of Euro Cup semi final, which was still an achievement to get to for Spurs. Tried this tactic with Derby to see if it would work lower leagues and so far its not doing great but keep it up mate this is an unbelievable tactic and look forward to any future ones you might release.

Right after new years now I will start working on a tactic for lower teams.

Heya mate, quick question. I noticed TBH explain earlier about ticking playmaker and setting it to none. Wondering if you have tried this yet, or if you just leave it as it is. The reason I'm asking is in my man utd save I have Rooney as the TQ (I'd imagine he's perfect for that role) but he doesn't seem to be pulling it off.

I haven't tried ticking it, setting it to "none". You can try :)

View attachment 296027

Great tactic mate! Very consistent, unlike other tactics and I am regularly getting more shots than the opponent. Thank you very much! Only problem is that I seem to fall behind in a lot of games. Strange but it doesn't matter if I win.

Note: My Cardiff team's media prediction is 4th, and I am comfortably in 1st!

Last edited:
I have now started a game with Reading in the EPL (media prediction 20th) in order to figure out what tweaks needs to be made for underdog teams!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back