Spin the Wheel 4-2-3-1 (Godlike version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In what position would you play Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo on the 4-2-3-1? Did a crazy thing and bought them both in my Man Utd Save.

Messi Trequartista, Ronaldo Complete Forward, maybe? Does it really matter xD

I am a fan of this tactic. I play as Crewe. Currently 5th in the Championship and just about to start the play offs.

For those saying it only works for the big teams, I would disagree. My wage bill is about $90k per week. Less than half of many of my rivals.

I managed to take down Tottenham 4-0 in the FA cup quarter finals and also made the semis of the League cup.

The main tweaks I do is changing the winger to advanced playmaker when I have a slower passing type player instead of a pacey crosser. Also sometimes pull the Treq back to anchor man if I'm trying to hold on to a lead.

I know everyone loves a good poacher, but it's better to use a strong striker like a Giroud type, than a little Alan Shearer type player.

I am a fan of this tactic. I play as Crewe. Currently 5th in the Championship and just about to start the play offs.

For those saying it only works for the big teams, I would disagree. My wage bill is about $90k per week. Less than half of many of my rivals.

I managed to take down Tottenham 4-0 in the FA cup quarter finals and also made the semis of the League cup.

The main tweaks I do is changing the winger to advanced playmaker when I have a slower passing type player instead of a pacey crosser. Also sometimes pull the Treq back to anchor man if I'm trying to hold on to a lead.

I know everyone loves a good poacher, but it's better to use a strong striker like a Giroud type, than a little Alan Shearer type player.

I'm actually working on another tactic :) Will release the upcoming week I think :)

I've been doing pretty well mixing between the tactics you've created with my Cambridge team. My only problem is with the 4-2-3-1 being hammered by much lesser teams e.g. 3-0 and 4-0 by Burnley & Reading who I am now superior to.

On the huge plus side, using the underdog tactic I have beaten Man Utd & Spurs 5-1 and 4-0 away! Using the underdog tactic against weaker teams doesn't give enough and will often end up 0-0, 1-1 or 1-0 either way.

So, I need a strong tactic that will help me crush those weaker teams! Before the latest patch I had it sorted with my own tactics, but I can't seem to create any success on the latest patch.

Aup again, which one of the three tactics is the best u think overall? And is the new upcoming tactic guna b even better?

Aup again, which one of the three tactics is the best u think overall? And is the new upcoming tactic guna b even better?

I can't say which one of the three tactics is "the best one", because they all fit different kind of teams. The Underdog tactic fits weaker teams, the 4-5-1 fits mid-table teams, and maybe some top teams, and the 4-2-3-1 requires very good players in the AMC and FC position. The new tactic I'm working on I'm not sure of yet. Will be testing it and tweaking it today.

Last edited:
The tactic I'm working on now will probably need 3 creative and technical players in the AMC position :P

Thanks for you update, mate.
The final version works great on attacking side for me, but I am experiencing some problem on the defending side.
One of my DC tend to assist my DL/DR when opponent's pacy winger dribble down the flanks, so there is only one DC in the box, their striker who comes in to the box late will will probablly get CCC in this way.
I am using "Closing Down", "Tight Marking" OI on opponent's wingers, btw.
Do you have any suggestion to solve this?

Thanks for you update, mate.
The final version works great on attacking side for me, but I am experiencing some problem on the defending side.
One of my DC tend to assist my DL/DR when opponent's pacy winger dribble down the flanks, so there is only one DC in the box, their striker who comes in to the box late will will probablly get CCC in this way.
I am using "Closing Down", "Tight Marking" OI on opponent's wingers, btw.
Do you have any suggestion to solve this?

Try different settings on them. Maybe stopper duty will fix it.

Currently I am playing with low league teams with weak players. I am within the top 3 of the league. Do you think any of this tactics would work for such a team with weak players?

I will also try these tactics with my Ajax save.

Currently I am playing with low league teams with weak players. I am within the top 3 of the league. Do you think any of this tactics would work for such a team with weak players?

I will also try these tactics with my Ajax save.

I would guess the 4-5-1 should fit fine then :)

Looks like I will be able to release my new tactic today :) It's a 4-3-3 domination tactic :)

tryed this with arsenal,but 3-6 goals against everygame.and i score 2.. cant see how i can make this work..
faen å

tryed this with arsenal,but 3-6 goals against everygame.and i score 2.. cant see how i can make this work..
faen å

Arsenal isn't a strong enough side for the 4-2-3-1 I think. Try the 4-5-1. Or my new tactic I am releasing today.
But, upload your tactics and training screen please.

Last edited:
Still not sure whether to go with my 4-3-3 or my 5-2-3 for the new tactic... Just had a match with 84 percent posession with the 5-2-3, rofl :P I also have a 3-4-3 Direct tactic which looks really promising... Luxury problems, lol. Which one to release.

Last edited:
Ah, 13.2.2 is released... Have to wait until I release my tactic then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back