Spurs vs Arsenal (League Cup) [Tuesday 21st]

• Thread starter Thread starter Frank
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 314
  • Views Views 15K
Been impressed at Arsenal so far, particularly Wilshere, playing with so much passion. :wub:

COYG!

This linesman is having a terrible game already. Sort it out, Yid.

were playing so well

spurs are just hacking down Jack at every opertunity

Because we beat them last season on their own field and went to Champions League, also saved the transfer market from being heavly raped.

Exactly, it's stupid, was they expecting you to let them win? Stupid people.

Anyway, Spurs will need to make some changes to get back in this.

However well Arsenal are playing, i really think we need another one, preferably before HT, or straight after, to really kill it off (hopefully) because a side with as much quality as Tottenham can always create chances for Pavlyuchenko. Still think we'll win this though, even if it's 0-1.

Game has been pretty boring with Arsenal controlling and Spurs looking short of ideas.

We don't even need Arsene on the touchline. Half time and looking solidly comfortable.

Like Joss, I'm not happy going into Half time with just a one goal lead, that's just asking for trouble. Wouldn't be at all surprised if Tottenham quickly managed to get themselves back into this, hopefully the performance of the Arsenal players won't drop when they come back out.

Arsenal will rape them even more ín the second half!

Half-time analysis

It says something when you're relieved to go in at half-time only a single goal down. The opening 20 minutes or so saw so much Arsenal dominance that the goal was merely a question of 'when?'. The lad Lansbury was very impressive in the first part of the half, with Wilshire taking over the mantle of most impressive player on the pitch shortly after.

As for Tottenham, the only player who seems determined to win the ball back seems to be Giovani. He pops up all over the pitch, while everybody else in a white shirt might as well not be on it at all. Pavlyuchenko has pulled two or three micro-hissy fits already through lack of supply and assistance at pressuring the ball, but he has also been selfish when in control.

Assou-Ekotto has been responsible for a number of wrong-doings, including allowing Lansbury straight past him to tap in for the goal, and he has lost possession during countless other moments throughout the first 45 minutes. To further add to my grievances, we've picked up a number of pointless bookings which could, and should, have been avoided.

In short, Arsenal look in control and more than decent value for their lead. They had a penalty shout turned down, and an even better move which wrongfully ended in offside. Tottenham on the other hand need to turn up their game several notches to even compete in the second-half, because at the moment it may end up a repeat of the 5-1 result in 2008, only reversed.

Well, we're playing ****!

Can't keep the ball, resulting in some of our more inexperienced players such as Livermore snapping at making a few rash tackles, not dirty tactics :S

Assou-Ekotto is having a absolute shocker :@

Loving what I'm seeing of Sandro and Caulker so far. I think that If we can keep the ball for a bit and get an early goal then I can see a comeback. I'd take of Livermore and Bring on Jenas.

COYS, lets get in the ****** game...

What an awful goal to concede. No marking at all, and again poor keeping from Flapianksi.

WTF is the linesman doing, the same one who ruled Gibbs offside.

Like Joss, I'm not happy going into Half time with just a one goal lead, that's just asking for trouble. Wouldn't be at all surprised if Tottenham quickly managed to get themselves back into this, hopefully the performance of the Arsenal players won't drop when they come back out.

Well this is awkward.

Offside and **** goalkeeping, fun.

Poor goalkeeping.. Robbie Keane equalises..

Typical Flappy-handski XD

Linesman. How much are you being paid. Jew.

Back