STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K
Wow just read trough everything from page 1, I am impressed to say the least! but i`m just wondering, when posting screenshots of players, could you please include the attribute graph/chart/diagram (whatever people call it)? As it gives you a better overview of the player :)

Wow just read trough everything from page 1, I am impressed to say the least! but i`m just wondering, when posting screenshots of players, could you please include the attribute graph/chart/diagram (whatever people call it)? As it gives you a better overview of the player :)

Thanks Tommy

I Know the diagram you after and the reason i dont use it on the player screen is because i like to see the players appearance and goal stats without that extra click to the history page and the other spot is for Physical stats which is even more important. I'll try dropping the stats window see how i get on with it. If i dont prefer it i shall still try and swap the graph for the stats

Scotland

Squad

No changes as i thought i had everyone i wanted in the squad but in rushing i forgot to add Rangers striker Crainey

World Cup Qualifier 3
Scotland 3-1 Georgia
Rhodes
Sneddon
Russell

Our last easy game and i used this as a warm up for the Sweden game.

World Cup Qualifier 4
Scotland 3-0 Sweden
Rhodes 3

Wow this was far easier than i expected. Even with 2 Aberdeen players in the starting 11 they couldn't handle Jordan Rhodes

Two atrocious results for Ireland have left us clear and away in the group which just before the half way stage is almost in the bag, if it wasn't for all the Away games I've got to play.

View attachment 317617

The national side is doing well.

We really have yet to be challenged. I thought Sweden would be a tricky game with 2 of my players and a pretty decent international forward. Were still ranked way down in the 50's but i think were a top 30 team maybe even to 20. Wont really know till the 2022 world cup how good Scotland really are

October

Victory at Parkhead leaves us top of the table
A Great result in a boring game in Dortmund leaves us in great shape half way through the group
We suffer our first defeat in a cup since 21st September 2016, Over 4 seasons

Fixtures

Aberdeen 3-0 Dunfermline
Bamba 2
Loeffen

Dominated from kick off, lead by Bamba our Winning run up to 19 games.

Celtic 0-1 Aberdeen
Sneddon

What a battle. With out doubt our toughest match of the season. Sneddon hasn't scored many this season but when it mattered he got the only goal of the day to send us clear at the top. Elias played his 150th game for Aberdeen as we scored our 20th win in a row.

Champions League match 3
Dortmund 0-0 Aberdeen

A boring spectacle! 3 shots on goals over the 90 minutes as our brilliant 20 match winning run ends in Dortmund. Still a great result for the Dons

View attachment 317641

Injury's to our two star attackers!
As well as loosing our winning run we also lost our two best attackers. Mark Loeffen is out for a mere two weeks but much more seriously is our player of the season so far Elias had his ankle broken and will miss between 3 and 4 months. And to top it off Oscar Nanclares will miss the rest of the month with an injury to.

Aberdeen 3-0 Dundee Utd
Pierce
Sneddon
Backstrom

Lecomte is our latest injury worry. Out for 2 weeks. Were going to have a very weak team by the time the Dortmund game comes round.

League Cup Q/F
Dundee Utd 2-2 Aberdeen - Dundee Utd win 4-2 on Pens
Archer 2

Brett Archer scored twice and was the man of the match while the rest of our team were awful and deserved to go out.

Dundee 1-1 Aberdeen
Soldan

So Rangers might be my bogie team but if that's the case then Dundee is clearly our bogie city. My only argument is only 5 of my best 11 started, but still the result isn't good enough.

League
View attachment 317642

Our perfect record ended at Dens park but victory at Parkhead helped us build up a 3 point gap to Celtic and we have a game in hand.

Player of the month
Michal Soldan
View attachment 317643

Still not back to his absolute best after his injury last season. Getting back to full fitness has been his biggest problem. Hopefully Elias doesn't suffer the same problems.

Scotland

Squad

Last game of the year and a trip to Africa. I remembered to call up Crainey this time as the only player missing out is 3rd choice keeper Robbie Thompson

Friendly

Ivory Coast 3-5 Scotland
Rhodes 4
Lindsay

Mercy what a game, especially since we were only 2-1 ahead at half time. Rhodes is continually questioned as a choice for the team and this kind of result shows why he is one of the 1st names on the team sheet

View attachment 317658

These results see us up to 42nd in the world rankings

November

A horrible defeat away to Motherwell means the unbeaten league season wont be this time round
Champions League went much better and the group is sewn up with a game to spare
Match of the season candidate against Ross County

Fixtures

Champions League Match 4
Aberdeen 2-1 Dortmund
Loeffen 2

Great result following our recent run. I Was not expecting a win here. I saw Loeffen make it 3-0 and score his hattrick so turned away to watch the tv and was most uncomfortable to see the score say 2-1 at FT. Bamba played his 150th game for Aberdeen

View attachment 317718

Motherwell 1-0 Aberdeen

Well we wont be getting that 100% season this time round. Mark Loeffen plays his 100th game for Aberdeen

Rangers 0-0 Aberdeen

A draw was a fair result but with all the chances one of us should have score some goals

Champions League Match 5
Heerenveen 1-4 Aberdeen
Loeffen 2
Sneddon
Kardum

The win and qualification were in the bag by half time were we had raced into a 3-0 lead. Dortmund drawing in Fenerbahce means we've also won the group with a game to spare

View attachment 317719

Aberdeen 7-3 Ross County
Sneddon
Loeffen 3
Nanclares
Hansson
Bamba

This was a crazy crazy game. 5-3 at half time too. All Ross County's shots went in.

Aberdeen 3-0 Dundee
Loeffen 2
Hughes

Max Lecomte returns from injury to makes his 100th appearance for Aberdeen

Scottish Cup 4th Round
Aberdeen 2-1 Cowdenbeath
Hansson
Slane

Not our proudest moment but were through to the 5th round. Salomonsson made his 100th Aberdeen appearances. Not bad for a back up player. Dundee will be our 5th round opposition

League
View attachment 317720

Possibly our worst month in many many seasons and the gap remains the same at the top. Nice little 3 way battle for the relegation spot

Player of the month
Mark Loeffen

After a quiet start to the season our Dutch master found his shooting boots in November and made up for the loss of Elias.

World Club Championships 2020

View attachment 317764

Since 2012 only 1 European team has let the continent down, but on two separate occasions Spurs won the Champions League then failed to win the world title in 2016 and 2018

View attachment 317765

Semi Finals
View attachment 317770

The winner of our match will face Flamengo in the final

Tigres 1-4 Aberdeen
Sneddon
Loeffen 2
Archer

View attachment 317766

Final

Flamengo V Aberdeen
View attachment 317767View attachment 317768

Team news

Flamengo
A Player im familiar with defensive midfielder Mario Bolatti who i once spent a huge sum on in another save is ineligible while lead striker Dario Arce is out injured in the Semi. Without these two the Brazilians don't have any superstars to match out Bamba and Loeffen's

Aberdeen
Elias has been out forever and since i registered the squad Kardum, David and Soldan all picked up injury.

The Match

1st half

1 - Goal - Hughes
What a start. Back up midfielder wastes no time in scoring another vital goal in the spirit of Elias

7 - Goal - Sneddon
Wow Aberdeen have come firing out the blocks. Long serving Sneddon might have won it after 7 whole minutes

Half Time
Flamengo 0-2 Aberdeen

We stormed into the lead and have held the Brazilians since then but it might just take 1 goal to change it.

2nd Half

52 - Goal - Backstrom
With Hughes coming off tired his protege come on and in the biggest game of his career so far the Swede scores a huge goal.

81 - Goal - Lane
Could you find a better place to score. Well 16 year old Andy Lane came on to enjoy the experience but getting a goal is the cream on top of the cake

Full time
Flamengo 0-4 Aberdeen

View attachment 317769

A Fairly simple win and strangely despite having a very strong attacking line up it was 3 of our back up players who got the goals to become World Champions

December

Beat Celtic for the second time this season.
U19 team hold Fenerbahce to a draw in an impressive performance
FINALLY!
View attachment 317803View attachment 317804

Fixtures

Champions League match 6
Aberdeen 0-0 Fenerbahce

Quite happy with this result considering it the weakest side I've played in a very long time

View attachment 317805

Only Major surprise is Olympiakos beat AC Milan to 2nd in group E

Hearts 2-1 Aberdeen
Loeffen

Wow what a shock. A fully rested strongest team i can field and Hearts held us off quite easily. Luckily Celtic lost away to Ross County

Aberdeen 3-1 Kilmarnock
Pierce
Loeffen
Nanclares

We were sluggish in the 1st half taking a 1 goal lead. The second half was another story as normal service was resumed

Aberdeen 6-0 Livingston
Hughes
Lecomte
Cabestany 2
Strachan
Loeffen

A nice dominant win against the bottom places team, Plenty players grabbing goals to set us up for the world club championships

Hibs 1-5 Aberdeen
Bamba 2
Cabestany
Hughes
Revuelta

Are you sure we played in China 3 days ago? We were awesome! After all the celebrations in China more were done back home as Derek Sneddon Plays his 325th game for Aberdeen

Aberdeen 2-1 Celtic
Bamba
Archer

What a fixture for boxing day huh. Derek Sneddon ran the game. Didn't score but still won the man of the match to extend our lead at the summit of the table

Aberdeen 2-0 Hibs
Revulta
Bamba

League
View attachment 317806

Started woefully against Hearts but we returned to form to beat everyone else including closest rivals Celtic. Speaking of old firm Rangers are 9th but unfortunately well clear of the relegation battle

Player of the month
Arnaud Bamba
View attachment 317807

Was our best rated player over the glorious month of December and was Runner up in African Player of the year

You're doing really well!

Yeah thanks! Just feel like with winning the Champions League group we have moved up a level. The world club championships success isnt a great surprise due to the competition being awful. Keeping the success rolling is going to be a challenge as loosing a League cup game and the players reactions to team talks havent been as good as they were before this season.

Champions League last 16 Draw

Marseille
V Aberdeen

We were the last teams out in the draw. Avoided

Marseille have a few good players at the club. Wellington Nem, Jordan Ayew, Kara, Gabi Torje and Nkoulou and of course a player we tried to sign Walter Tribulo.

Full Draw
View attachment 317887

January

Dundee Beat us again
We beat Rangers again
I decided we can't buy till we've sold so there was no movement in the transfer window despite another attempt to get Gareth Bale and a loan offer for Javi Hernandez both turned down.

Fixtures

Dundee Utd 2-2 Aberdeen
Hansson
Hughes

Fought back to lead 2-1 but took less than a minute for Dundee Utd to retaliate. Our team was knackered so a point isn't a disaster

Poor Helge Mjomen, who was our most promising young defender has suffered a second huge injury blow of the season. Having just missed almost 3 months with a stress factor in his back 4 game into his comeback Helge has tore his hamstring meaning he could miss up to 4 months of action putting him a season behind in his development. And he's developed like a beast

View attachment 318026

Dunfermline 0-1 Aberdeen
Soldan

A scrappy game. Dunfermline wanted a fight and they got one but our one striker from Soldan was enough for 3 points.

Aberdeen 2-0 Motherwell
Fotheringham
Soldan

The closest thing to a settled team and there was still 4 changes. After beating us last time out i was determined not to let Motherwell get another result out of us

Ross County 0-5 Aberdeen
Hughes 2
Nanclares
Loeffen
Sneddon

Woo Hoo. A big win! Seems like a while since we got that. Not quite the 7-3 classic from early on in the season but it will do.

Dundee 3-1 Aberdeen
Soldan

We went bad, well our finishing and defending was but a 2nd defeat of the season. On this sad day Alex Butler made his 225th appearance for Aberdeen

Aberdeen 3-0 Rangers
Sneddon
Loeffen
Cabestany

Totally made up for loosing in Dundee again by convincingly beating Rangers again

Scottish Cup 5th round
Aberdeen 3-0 Dundee
Kardum 2
Pierce

Dundee have turned out to be our toughest opposition this season beating us twice. We were having non of that today however and a simple win leads to a Quarter Final with Ross County

League
View attachment 318027

Another defeat to Dundee but still as the month ran out Celtic's form got so bad they dropped to 3rd.

Player of the month
Josep Cabestany
View attachment 318028

Our player of the month whom we just held onto this transfer window despite a lot of noise from Real Madrid. I'd love to keep him but the summer may be the limit

Transfer Window
View attachment 318029View attachment 318030

A few bids to our star players all rejected as im planning major movement in the summer

Doing really well. The stadium is great news and will allow you to be able to hold onto players for a bit longer due to extra financial might.

Doing really well. The stadium is great news and will allow you to be able to hold onto players for a bit longer due to extra financial might.

I am really hoping that will make the difference. Especially since i was upsetting Caberstany in forcing him to say. Hopefully a big juicy contract offer in June will tempt him otherwise

Scotland

Squad

3rd choice keeper Robbie Thompson returns as the only change to the team that beat Ivory Coast

In the run up to the game James McArthur and Stevie Cairney were both injured. I called up Jamie Murphy to be 3rd choice striker for the game

Friendly
Scotland 1-1 Wales
Phillips

The Welsh side helped to put on a good battle of Britain clash. There rugged defense held us out till the 84th minute when the Easter road crowed were treated to a goal to equalize the tie.

View attachment 318203

February

Hearts stay 2nd for 5 days as we thrash them 5-0
The result above and many others pretty much tie up the League
Champions League tie all square after the 1st leg

Fixtures

Aberdeen 5-0 Hearts
Archer 3
Sneddon
Elias

Back up Brett Archer shows why Cabestanay is expendable if Real Madrid come calling again

Champions League last 16 1st Leg
Marsilles 0-0 Aberdeen

A close match which swang back and forth ended with a controversial 88th minute winner by Sneddon being disallowed to set up a tense second leg.

Donald Outburst
Life is hard at the top and and the pressure of a the 1st leg result where the defending champions expected to to win showed in the post match press conference "The ref wasnt giving a thing all night and it seems the linesman was asleep at the wheel for Sneddon's goal and it was a goal. Typical biased against British teams"

Livingston 2-6 Aberdeen
Sneddon
Loeffen
Archer 2
Elias
Glowacki

Our best performance of the season so far i think. 4-0 up at half time and so relaxed for the second half and extend our league further as Celtic and Hearts both drew.

Kilmarnock 0-1 Aberdeen
Sneddon

Today was our turn to really on the late disallowed goal as it looked like Kilmarnock had equalized with there 1st shot on goal.

Scottish Cup Q/F
Aberdeen 4-0 Ross County
Cristian 2
Kardum
Soldan

One small note to come out of the game is Sneddon is out for 2 weeks with a bruised shin and will miss the second leg. Good timing for Archer and Cabestany to be making there returns from injury

League
View attachment 318353

Hearts short stay in 2nd only helped us extend the lead further in February and i expect that's the league done now.

Player of the month
Chris Pierce
View attachment 318354

After making a return from Injury Pierce has strengthened up the defense which has been notably conceading less since Pierce returned

Scotland

Squad
Jamie Murphy and the injured Craig Crawford are out and Stevie Crainey and James McArthur returns from injury

Friendly
Scotland 2-1 Holland
Sneddon
Rhodes

A player i usually love to see scoring Mark Loeffen gave Holland with his 1st international goal. The lead but his team mate Sneddon drew the Scots level just before the hour. Stuard Lindsay did his best to make sure it would end a draw by missing 2 penaltys before Rhodes got the winner with 15 minutes to go.

View attachment 318446

Elsewhere our young Swedish midfielder Par Backstrom got his 1st cap for the full team from there manager Ole Gunnar Solsjaer

World Cup Qualifyer Match 5
Ireland 1-3 Scotland
Rhodes 3

Jordan Rhodes in his 90th game proved the difference again with all 3 goals. Ireland made a game of it in the 1st half but offered little or nothing in the second half

View attachment 318447

Busy day on the cap front
Jordan Rhodes won his 90th cap, Grant Hanley his 60th cap, Tom Cairney his 40th and Stuart Lindsay his 20th

Two big wins see's us up to 35th in the world

View attachment 318448

Back