STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K
Unbelievable making the final. I would advise expanding, it'll increase income temporarily, increase the chances of a new stadium being approved, increase the capacity and expansion potential of the new stadium, and provide a little more funding when selling Pittodrie to build the new stadium, leaving less long term debt. There's also a bug causing some new stadiums to end up with a capacity of one which should be fixed in the next patch.

Ok mate as the storys no1 fan and i'll take your advice. If i dont get a chance to demand a new stadium by June i'll ask for a expansion. As you say it will at least add some extra income im just greedy and want the stadium a European super power deserves!

Last edited:

Scottish Cup Final

View attachment 315587

Aberdeen V St Johnstone
View attachment 315585View attachment 315586

4th Year in a row!

This is now the most ridiculous and unlikely thing to happen in this story, so far! Would love to know the odds on the same final line up 4 years on the trot

Team News

View attachment 315588

Aberdeen
Nobody injured beyond repair but several changes from my strongest team. Craig Crawford is my cup keeper so he's back. Players being rested for next weeks Champions League final are Josep Cabestany, Elias, Alex Butler and Jack Rodwell while Arnaud Bamba is left on the bench. Michal Soldan starts for the 1st time in exactly 3 months

St Johnstone
Not helped by having "Abysmal" morale after there relegation St Johnstone will be without regular starters Chris Toase and Mo Yaqub while Ashley Blackburn can't play against his parent club.

Match

1st Half

11 - Goal - Pierce
When in doubt we'll get a center back to score the opener

HT Aberdeen 1-0 St Johnstone
We've not been the free flowing and scoring Aberdeen we've been in the league over the past few weeks but were ahead and another goal should make it comfy

2nd Half

70 - Goal - Soldan
1st game in 3 months apparently. Soldan's telling us he wants to start in the Final!

77 - Goal - O'G
Just to sum up St Johnstone's season there keeper scores a O'G to condemn them to there 4th runners up medal in a row

FT Aberdeen 3-0 St Johnstone

View attachment 315589

We made it harder by not playing our best but St Johnstone offered nothing themselves as they end there season in the depressing fashion there league season ended last week

Good job in the Scottish Cup and you aren't going to get a stadium worthy of a European superpower at the moment, so I'm glad you'll take my advice and expand while biding your time.

Champions League Final 2020
View attachment 315600

At Stadio Olimpico - Rome
View attachment 315601

Bayern Munich V Aberdeen
View attachment 315602View attachment 315603

So after 100's of hours of playing with Aberdeen in football Manager, 2 previous failed attempts at this story in FM2009 and FM2010 and i should mention for the first time in 117 years of existence i bring Aberdeen to there 1st ever Champions league Final. We stand 90 minutes away from achieving the one thing I've attempted and never succeeded in. I Could have probably have done a open Uni course in the time I've spent trying to win Champions Leagues with Aberdeen but enough talk. Time for action

Team News

View attachment 315604

Bayern
The Germans are suffering in the attacking positions. Attacking Midfielder Toni Kroos is out while there top 3 strikers Rico Nowak, Stevan Jovetic and Mario Gomez all missing from the starting line up leaving Tomas Muller to do both jobs

Aberdeen
Only Craig Crawford is ruled out through injury. One midfield spot was up for grabs fit and ready Jack Rodwell or fit but not match fit Michal Soldan. In the end heart ruled over head and Soldan starts. Keeper Daniel Monnard 200th and Derek Sneddon 300th appearances are on the biggest stages of them all

--- The Match ---

1st Half

6 - Goal - Emre
Bayern have made the better start and broke the deadlock

18 - Injury - Tomas Muller
so there 4th choice striker has been injured by a heavy challenge from a Dons defender, On comes half fit Stevan Jovetic to lead the front line

25 - Goal - Caberstany
We've been having some luck from the wings tonight but this time Cabestany took it on himself rather than looking for the pass and he got us level.

28 - Goal - Fuentes
Wow that lasted no time at all and the favorites are back in front

30 - Goal - Elias
And just as fast as we fell behind were level again and this thrilling final takes another twist as regular scoring hero Elias taps in at the far post.

HT Bayern 2-2 Aberdeen

This final is on a knife edge. Both sides are making chances and the defenses are being opened up easily. Could be plenty of goals left in this final.

2nd Half

74 - Injury - Stevan Jovetic
Stevan was never fit for this match so it no surprise to see this, what is a surprise is they end on another half fit striker Rico Nowak to try and grab the winner.

92 - Goal - Loeffen
I Have actually flipped out. A simple goal kick by Monnard has bounced right through to Loeffen who's held of the challenging defender and blasted it into the top corner past Neuer with seconds left on the clock

FT Bayern 2-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 315606

I am shell shocked. I'll be chucking it on my facebook, telling my friends maybe even my parents.

There is so much more to this story than what I've even posted on the opening post.

In August 1999 i have moved to secondary school and with so began to loose contact with my best friend at the time Stuart. During our last Monday afternoon hanging out together he brought round a PC game to play. "Championship Manager 99/00" it was. All afternoon he played as Rangers and i Aberdeen neither of us were great at it but it began. The following Saturday i made the 60 mile round trip by bus to get Championship Manager 3. This may have been almost 14 years ago however back then i dreamed of winning the champions league with Aberdeen led by Tomas Solberg and Robbie Winters and its pretty hard to put into words how it feels to have finally won the title i set out to win in the 90's

View attachment 315611

Well done

Joker_clap.gif

2019/20 Season Review

SPL - Winner
Scottish Cup - Winner
League Cup - Winner
Champions League - Winner

Season Stats
View attachment 315906

Final team talk
"I am totally taken back. We've all dreamed of this moment but to actually see it happen will take a long time to sink in! You have all reached the highest level you can in club football. However as footballers this is just the beginning for you as footballers how you will be remembered in the game will be determined by how you follow on from this. Will you be one hit wonders who fluked your way to a Champions League win once or will you be legends who stayed at the top of the game year after year and creating a Aberdeen dynasty who changed the way the game is played"

SPL
View attachment 315909View attachment 315907View attachment 315908

Last season i made a lofty target of 100 points and we beat that on the final day ending with 102. "Unbeaten" is the term i want to achieve next season

The Old Firm were next up taking Champions League qualifying places but massive progress needed to make a mark in Europe and get closer to us in the League

At the bottom our traditional Scottish Cup final opponents St Johnstone went down to be replaced by run away 1st division winners Livingston

Scottish Cup Final
Aberdeen 3-0 St Johnstone

Victory at Hampden secured the "treble treble". The old firm fell in the 4th and 5th rounds to make our mission even easier

Scottish League Cup Final
Dundee Utd 1-3 Aberdeen

In the League Dundee Utd were one of the two teams to beat us but when it mattered in the cup final we returned the favor

2019/20 Awards

Footballer of the year
Josep Cabestany -P36-G9-A18 - Ave 7.61
View attachment 315912

Top Scorer
Mark Loeffen - P34-G38-A8 - Ave 7.88
View attachment 315914

Young Player of the year
Mark Nelson - P32-G17-A10 - Ave 7.62
Ends our 5 year run winning the award

Team Of the year
9 Dons, would have been 10 if i had a regular center back along side Pierce
View attachment 315913

Darran Donalds player of the season
This is a new award for the team most overlooked player of the year and to me there is only one winner

Elias
View attachment 315921

The Spanian had his best season so far by adding a shed full of important goals to his assists. The amount of important goals he scored probably dwarfed our striker Loeffen's ratio of important goals

Manager of the year
Darran Donald

I take back my award after Billy Davies robbed it last season
View attachment 315911

Match of the season
8th April 2020
Fulham 2-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 315918

Does this result remind you of a certain Champions League final. Talk about deja vu

Signing of the season
Jack Rodwell
View attachment 315922

This season was all about getting players in on loan to apply depth to the team and my January addition Rodwell was by some distance the best of the lot. Quickly working his way into the 1st team a place he would have kept had he been interested in making the move permanent however his wage demands at this stage are miles beyond our means. Will try again through the summer

European Cups

Champions League Final
Bayern 2-3 Aberdeen

Think i may have mentioned this competition
View attachment 315923

Europa League
Arsenal 1-2 Roma

Despite being led by top scorer Adam Campbell Arsenal came up short against a Roma side still led by 36 year old Daniele De Rossi

View attachment 315924

Other European Leagues

England
View attachment 315925

Arsenal didn't end this season in there usual trophyless manor as they finished well clear of the pack in the Premiership

Germany
View attachment 315926

Dortmund ended up getting the better of Schalke in a ding dong season battle

Italy
View attachment 315927

Some massive points totals for Seria but it matter not Juventus took there 8th title in the 9 seasons so far

Spain
View attachment 315928

Barcelona win the league by a comfortable margin. Real Madrid just held of Athletico Madrid for 2nd

Going into the summer

A full 24 hours has passed since Aberdeen's greatest moment and after several discussions with friends, reading the "Football manager ruined my life" book i am still dogged with the question "What do you do once you have achieved your childhood ambitions? What's next when you have done it all?" Well just like life it took a hint of desire to be even better and keep going to be even better next time and a huge smack of disrespect by the Scottish Club rankings
View attachment 315920

Despite destroying any Scottish team in our way and winning 10 competitions in a row and a Champions League win were still ranked equal to Rangers "The scum of the earth" Not only does that image fuel me to pull clear of them and be undisputed No1 in Scotland and bury Rangers at every opportunity and avoid loosing to them at all costs!

Another Champions league wouldn't go a miss either though!

Unbelievable. Well done! Such a colossal achievement. Keep it up, that extra CL spot for Scotland won't do any harm either.

Richard Gordon joins Aberdeen
View attachment 316057

Following his retirement from the BBC Scotlands most reputable sports presenter and life long Aberdeen fan Richard Gordon has agreed to join the club and will take on the role of head of footballing communications.

Chairman Lee Burns believes it will not only raise the clubs profile in Scotland but across the continent too, and with all the extra baggage on the club following there Champions League win communications is one of the biggest issues the club must deal with. "Richard will be head of media and oversee the development of all media platforms especially Red TV on digital and Sky, the online service. Richard will also ensure more print publications and news is released quicker and more efficiently to our fans thanking FM Base's readers for all there support so far and hopefully Richard can make it even more enjoyable"

Darran Donald showed less optimism with the decision "Richards a good guy but i hope he can communicate to Lee that we need a new stadium to progress forward. Not a journalist"

In short guys there will be more posts and updates in the story so the story may take longer to do but will be more in depth than ever before

Aberdeen expand coaching staff

View attachment 316103

Aberdeen continue to add to there non playing staff in the days before the transfer window opens.

Goalkeeping coach Roberto joins Jim Leighton and Scott Thompson in the Keeper department. While Fernando Navarro joins the defensive coaches and Darl Douglas will coach the attackers. Speaking of attackers former German International Stefan Keissling joins the club following up his passion for aerobic training.

Despite the extra room for scouts we will not be adding to the current roster while interviewing for the two physio positions goes on.

Manager Darran Donald was enthusiastic to see his coaching set up grow
"Navarro is my star capture. His experience at Barcelona and Sevilla can hopefully make our defense which became a bit slack during the winter stay stronger and tighter. Darl Douglas might not have the same playing experience but I've signed him up to be on Mark Loeffen's case. He still has a lot of work to do to become the world class player he can be and Douglas will be working with Mark to try and achieve this"

8/6/2020
The Transfer Window is open!

View attachment 316112

2 IN 2 OUT

So far Scotland has been even worse at producing youth players than we are in real life. That is until this summer when 2 of the best so far broke through

In

Liam Fotheringham - DC
I was excited about both players but Liam being from Dundee Utd made me think we'd not be able to reach a deal however i was pleasantly surprised to see his high wage demands indicating he would come, but on his terms and i was willing to take that.

Andy Lane - MC
Ross County was the last place I'd expect to find a driving attacking midfielder who with a a bit of work be turned into the Scottish Elias. Andys stats are a very solid base to start developing with and i endeavor to find both these players playing time in 2020/21.

Out

Leaving were Flavio who after a promising start ended up making only 50 appearances in his 4 seasons at the club only 3 off the bench last season was the final nail in the coffin. Only 1 team were stupid enough to offer £2m for his services, Rangers!

From the youth team two players were cut. Chris Jess couldn't live up to Uncle Eoin and is off to Hamilton on a free while Ross Esson played like Uncle Ryan but unfortunately Ross was a winger. Nobody has shown interest in him.

Aberdeen's Summer Plans?
The early transfer action may be a sign of how the summer will go for us looking to pick up players for the future, but the early signs are we'll have to play it by ear. Already I've turned down 3 offers over £10m for 3 of our Champions League winning players so it may get to the stage where either they force the move of my favorite chairman forces the move. If this either happens or the right player becomes available i will be active!.

all i can say is WOW have just read this all my hats off to you keep it up well done

June and July

June signings
No idea why i forgot these at the time but never mind here they are now. Sorry for the delay

Liam Fotheringham - DC
View attachment 316938

Andy Lane - MC
View attachment 316939

July

I performed my favorite summer ritual of waiting for the free players in Spain to appear before making my moves

Oscar Nanclares - DL
View attachment 316952
When i found Oscar i realized Rene Andersen's days were numbered. A Real Madrid reject who will be jumping right into our 1st team. Has a lot of work to do defensively as his defensive stats are not as sweet as his attacking.

David - MC
View attachment 316953

The name doesn't suggest much but the Spanish teenager looks good enough to make a claim for the starting squad but the Ex Real Madrid youngster will start as back up

Cristian - FW
View attachment 316954

Heading to the north east from the other Spanish super power. Cristain scored for fun for the B team but the only B he'll be at Aberdeen is Back Up

Belarmino Revuelta
View attachment 316955

Not another Spanish player! Oh yes im afraid so. Also let go from the magic Barcelona youth academy take a spot in the 1st team. The defender is unlikely to have more than 1 season at Pittodrie unless he develops greater than any player ever has.

Youth Players

Petar Vucic - GK
View attachment 316957
The German youngster was release by Bayern for some reason? Already good enough to challenge for a place in the squad but will start this season in the U19s

Rodolfo - ML
View attachment 316956

The Portuguese winger looked much better when i remembered him at Belenenses. Still got time to improve will get his chances while playing in the U19's

Out

Our only major player leaving was Our long serving Left Back Rene Andersen. Arsenal were offering more and more and when £16m came in i felt i had to sell a player who wasn't too high up my list of important players to keep. Overall he made 237 appearances scoring 5 times in his 6 seasons at Pittodrie

As well as the 3 youngsters out on loan former Back up players Craig Crawford and Chris Keogh go on loan to get some 1st team football and give our new players and young players a opportunity to shine

All the in's and out
View attachment 316958

Sunday 19th July

Door opens for Esson as Keane quits
View attachment 316980

Following his failure to match the standard he or the country expects. 3 big defeats at Euro 2020, including to England lost Keane the confidence from the SFA and the Tartan Army who had never fully got behind a Irishman being in charge of Scotland.

The bookies early favorite is former St Johnstone boss Ryan Esson who after guiding the Perth team to 4 successive Scottish Cup finals was sacked after there relegation at the end of last season.

View attachment 316978

View attachment 316976
Rumors appeared over night that current Aberdeen manager Darran Donald has expressed a strong desire to fill the Scotland Vanacy. Following a hattrick of League titles and guiding Aberdeen to Scotlands first European Cup in 53 years would make it hard to choose anyone else!

Scotland want Donald!
View attachment 316981

Several SFA sources have been quoted that they would be foolish not to consider then man who led Aberdeen's revolution over the last 10 years. Despite early talks going well the SFA have major concerns over the manager performing double duty with Aberdeen and Scotland while juggling a young family.

Scotland appoint Donald as Manager
View attachment 316977

Not content with leading Aberdeen to the top of the European game he today accepted the call of his country to lead there national team.

The SFA seen Donald as the obvious outstanding choice to lead the country forward. Forgetting his achievements last season nobody in the game knows the domestic base of Scottish players, youngsters coming through and players at the top of there game. As well as developing several Scottish players in Europe over the past few seasons he has also built up a knowledge of playing teams on the continent which we think we stand the nation well going into the World cup Qualifiers where with Donald in charge our chances have increased to a level where we'll be competitive in the World cup qualifiers. Im sure i speak for all Scottish fans that im looking forward to Donald making his debut against Austria in a friendly in August

View attachment 316979

Personally im delighted to have finally got my hands on the job. Not only the extra £350k a year job pays but after being overlooked for Steve Clarke, Danny Lennon and Roy Keane i felt before any of those appointments I'd done enough to get the job and would have been a better manager to the country than the previous choices. Although my work starts 3 years after my 1st failed application im not going to dwell on those 3 lost years and am immediately working on my squad and preparations heading towards the 2022 world cup where i think Dubai can expect to see a Scottish team. I Think that a lack of any European super powers means we have a genuine shot of winning our group but time will tell how good that prediction is.

Sadly one of my contract conditions of changing the national song was rejected otherwise the football world would be getting more familiar with this classic

[video=youtube;pDJflQfNUE8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDJflQfNUE8[/video]

Season preview 2020/21

Repeating perfection

Targets

Retaining the treble For a 4th season would be great, 100 points and +100 goal difference in the league after falling 1 goal short last season and beat Rangers every time we play are my domestic targets. In Europe the last 8 was my traditional target but as defending champions and the final at Old Trafford i would love to get to the final again. With a possible one of chance of winning the European Super Cup and World Club Cup means i will be going all out to win both of those contest

League - Winner
Scottish Cup - Winner
Scottish League Cup - Winner
Europe - Champions league - Final

Summer news
After a devastating 6th place in the Premiership and a early exit in Europe to Aberdeen Man Utd sacked Villas Boas, who ended up at Barcelona after Di Matteo resigned to take the Italy job.

Manager changes
Vitor Pereira - Man Utd
Dan Petrescu - Valencia
Didier Deschamps - Bilbao
Stuart Pearce - Espanyol
John Van Den Brom - Porto
Andre Villas Boas - Barcelona

Euro 2020
France 2-0 Croatia
Croatia end up as runners up for the second Euro's in a row

View attachment 317159

Transfers

Top June and July Transfers
Man Utd sell De Gea and Phil Jones as Bayern buy the best regen in my game

View attachment 317161View attachment 317162

Gum
View attachment 317160

Top SPL Transfers
Quite disappointing really that non of the other teams spent much, Almost willing to battle for 2nd in the old firms case

View attachment 317163View attachment 317164

First team 2020
View attachment 317165

Only change to the 1st 11 is our new trainee left back Nanclares replacing Andersen who went off to Arsenal. Quite happy to have negotiated new contracts for Sneddon and Bamba while we hang onto the others too which impressed me.

Scotland Squad
Donalds 1st squad
View attachment 317166

Scotland's manager Darran Donald sprang a major surprise in his first competitive squad by calling up Aberdeen Defender Liam Fotheringham.

The 16-year-old Dundee-born player call up to the senior team is even more amazing as he has yet to make his professional debut for club may play for Scotland before he plays for Aberdeen. He was joined by form Dundee United's midfielder Scott Robinson and Celtic's wing back Kieran Duffy in getting a first call-up ahead of the World Cup qualifiers.

Donalds expected starting 11 should have plenty of experience led by experienced center backs Grant Hanley and the Injured Danny Wilson while 81 cap Jordan Rhodes will look to add to his half century of caps. Youngster who may be taking over important roles in the squad such as Fotheringham and Rangers Stevie Cairney get into the team

View attachment 317167

Only one Key Regen makes the starting 11 in Stuart Lindsay. I tried to sign him from Birmingham when he was 17-18 but wasn't interested in Aberdeen at that time

View attachment 317168

Players missing are Injured Danny Wilson, Stephen Hendry and Steven McGinn

Staff additions
This is also a great opportunity to announce my back room team.

After turning down Aberdeen last summer Eric Black finally joins me as my assistant, don't think there is a better Scotsman for the job. We will be supported by a range of former Scotland players. Former Hibs duo Kenny Miller and Ian Murray are joined by former Morton midfielder Stewart Greacan and long serving Rangers coach Craig Mulholland. Our goalkeeping coaching will be performed by former England international Robert Green who can draw on many international experiences to help our young keepers develop.

Well done on the Scotland job. Is Craig Crawford that Scottish goalie you used to have?

Back