STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K
Well done on the Scotland job. Is Craig Crawford that Scottish goalie you used to have?

Yes it is. However i do still have him i just loaned him out this season so i could give Jens Anderson some game to see if he's good enough and if not then get his value up. Sadly for me he got injured 2 days before the Austria game meaning i had to use one of his back ups

Yes it is. However i do still have him i just loaned him out this season so i could give Jens Anderson some game to see if he's good enough and if not then get his value up. Sadly for me he got injured 2 days before the Austria game meaning i had to use one of his back ups
That's not good. What type of injury. As you know I prefer Crawford to Monnard.

Now I've seen that I used to. I reckon the only reason Monnard is better is that he's played more against better opposition, though.

That could have been the difference. I always thought Monnard was the better keeper. Coaches were always much higher on him while Crawford got very good fast then stalled so Monnard got a shot and never lost the place. And now there is even more competition from Petar Vucic the young German keeper we picked up on a free from Bayern this summer

Aberdeen Make a storming start

Back up team continue our dominant ways in the League cup
1st game as Scotland boss only ends with a draw

Fixtures

Aberdeen 4-1 Motherwell
Cabestany
Sneddon
Loeffen
Bamba

Just the start we wanted. Jens Andersen did well filling in for our number 1

Ross County 1-5 Aberdeen
Bamba
Elias
Loffern
Cabestany
Hughes

We have started the year in dominant form. Ross County couldn't cope with us and will struggle to stay up this season.

Aberdeen 4-1 Rangers
Lecomte
Nanclares
Pierce
Elias

A result i really hoped to get but our cause was helped no end by Rangers Mark Fotheringham getting sent off after 15 mins

Scottish League Cup 2nd Round
Stenhousemuir 1-5 Aberdeen
Kardum 4
Hansson

I love the games headline review of the match.
View attachment 317276

Cowdenbeath were rewarded for beating Dunfermline with a trip to Pittodrie

League
View attachment 317277

Aberdeen are the only side left with a 100% record. Beating Rangers was the highlight

Player of the month
Araund Bamba
View attachment 317278

As good as Soldan is its amazing how much Bamaba has come on and its going to be interesting to see if he can take over as our top midfielder this season

Scotland

Friendly

Squad
During the summer two of our top defenders Danny Wilson and Stephen Hendry got injured then in the run up to the game our No1 Craig Crawford picked up a foot injury to rule himself out

Scotland 1-1 Austria

Sibbald

In a mild summers evening at Hampden we showed why were only ranked 58th in the world. We fell behind to a early goal from the Austrians but quickly Craig Sibbald equalized on the half hour. We went on to dominate the game but a winning goal just wouldn't arrive. Not the start i had in mind

Champions League Group Stage Draw

View attachment 317282

Thanks to our status of European Champions we've jumped from 3rd seeds to top seeds which will hopefully make for a easier group this time round

Group A

So we landed in Group A and the second seeds are away to be drawn. I'd take either Marseille, Zenith or Leverkusen. I don't want PSG or Arsenal

2nd Seeds
So Dortmund. Not the worst team i could have got. Team still being led by winger Gotze and Gundogan. There attacking line up in complete by Javier Hernandez

View attachment 317283

Athletico Madrid and Inter are all i fear in this draw but Benfica or Shaktar could also pose a real danger

3rd Seeds

Fenerbahce is a terrific draw. Apart from a 34 year old Moussa Sow nothing of note appears

View attachment 317284

Schalke are the only team i don't think we could turn over and we wont get them since we already have Dortmund

4th seeds

Dutch side Heerenveen complete out group. The Dortmund games will decide who wins the group

View attachment 317285

After a horrid draw last season fate smiled on us this time round and we have a group i see no trouble getting out of. If we play well and get the right result from the Dortmund games then we have a chance of winning the group for the 1st time.

European Super Cup 2020

View attachment 317302

At Estadio do Bessa Seculo
View attachment 317303

Roma V Aberdeen
View attachment 317304View attachment 317305

Neither of these teams would be side you would expect to be reaching this competition with major European trophy's behind them. My thinking going into this game is we might not get back to this stage for a long time with Champions League runs like this not happening every season meaning this could be a rare or only chance to win this competition

Team News
View attachment 317306

Roma
Early Serie A leader Roma have two injury worrys for the match. Center back Ivan Burgos, Right back Daniele Lorieri and key midfielder Miralem Pjanic is suspended. Burgos being there best player is a great help for us that he's injured but they can still rely on Eric Lamela playing off the strikers

Aberdeen
Only two Swedish back up member of the squad Salomonsson and Hansson are unavailable for Aberdeen.

The Match

1st Half

8 - Goal - Erodi
Roma waste no time in taking the lead

11 - Goal - Elias "Pen"
Our first attack of the game Loeffen is taken down in the box for a dubious penalty which Elias tucks away

13 - Goal - Erodi
Well that lasted! We can't handle Roma at the moment and they are looking like they might run away with this

47 - Goal - Elias

HT Roma 2-2 Aberdeen
That exactly what we needed and when we needed. We came into the game as the half went on and will start the second half equal.

2nd Half

51 - Goal - Bamba
Were a different team coming out in the second half and are in front and on top for the 1st time.

70 - Goal - Erodi
Hold up a minute. What is Eduardo Erodi up to? He only scored 3 goals in 30 games last season. All level again. What a match

75 - Goal - Lecomte
The French defender came up for a corner and has put the game back in our favor. Time wasting to the Max i shout

FT Roma 3-4 Aberdeen

View attachment 317307

"Aberdeen don't do boring finals" We continue our 100 record in this competition after beating Hamberg in 1983. Our only other appearance.

View attachment 317308

Well done. Post #305 is where we differ, I base CA on stats and little on the coaches while PA it's half and half.

Well done. Post #305 is where we differ, I base CA on stats and little on the coaches while PA it's half and half.

OK. The coaches and scouts can be rediculous with some of the reviews. certain youngsters i bought were meant to be world beaters but turned out hopeless.

OK. The coaches and scouts can be rediculous with some of the reviews. certain youngsters i bought were meant to be world beaters but turned out hopeless.
However, I'll give you that PA predictions are generally pretty accurate, it's normally personalities, training facilities or game time cause the them to be hopeless. But if they have great stats in areas that in practice are more important then they're weighted on a report card, they are inaccurate.

However, I'll give you that PA predictions are generally pretty accurate, it's normally personalities, training facilities or game time cause the them to be hopeless. But if they have great stats in areas that in practice are more important then they're weighted on a report card, they are inaccurate.

You think in Crawfords case it was the decreased playing time is why he's never excelled To the 4* rating he was expected to. Currently at 3*.

You think in Crawfords case it was the decreased playing time is why he's never excelled To the 4* rating he was expected to. Currently at 3*.
I think it's that exactly but I can't be sure. To me he had next to perfect stat distribution. However, if that is the case there is still enough for him to peak if he's played a lot. I trust he'll be first choice at Newcastle, if so, he could catch up a bit, if not then he'll either decline or possibly never reach his potential.

I think it's that exactly but I can't be sure. To me he had next to perfect stat distribution. However, if that is the case there is still enough for him to peak if he's played a lot. I trust he'll be first choice at Newcastle, if so, he could catch up a bit, if not then he'll either decline or possibly never reach his potential.

Indeed he is getting the games so will be interesting to compare them again when he returns to pittodrie Next summer

August transfers

World Transfers

Big teams spend Big
View attachment 317361

And when Wolves develop a £33m Striker im sure you all want a look
View attachment 317362

Scottish Transfers
Rangers add Barry Bannan but that Appart nothing to note
View attachment 317363

And at Pittodrie..........

Nothing happened. I tried to loan out some of the youngsters in my team but nothing doing there so squad is as it was when the season kicked off. Might be slimed down in January will certainly be chopped next summer with all the youngsters filling the u19 team to breaking point

Scotland

Squad

Stevie Cairney Is the only injury problem as Danny Wilson, Stephern Hendry and Steven McGinn are all fit enough to return to the squad and are joined by Jamie Murphy in Cairneys absence

World Cup Qualifier 1
Lithuainia 1-5 Scotland
Sibbald 3
Rhodes 2

A Brilliant way to kick our group off. 3 goals up at half time but like every Aberdeen game this season we let in a goal in the second half. More importantly this was Liam Fotheringham's debut for Scotland making him the youngest Scottish Player ever! Mostly thanks to me being his manager.

View attachment 317419

World Cup Qualifier 2
Scotland 5-1 Faroe Islands
Sibbald
Rhodes 2
Cairney
Sneddon

A second successive 5-1 win. Goal was again in the 2nd half. Jack Grimmer and Craig Sibbald get there 30th cap while Murray Wallace gets his 20th

Ourselves and Ireland have 100% records although Ireland have had tougher fixtures our goal difference is the only difference after the first batch of game. We dropped 3 places in the rankings following the last 3 results. Quite disapointing

View attachment 317420

September

Incredible winning run goes on. Currently 17 games
Goals against continue to be a issue so a defensive training will be the October mission
Both our European wins seen us score 4 times as we begin our title defense

Fixtures

Livingston 0-3 Aberdeen
Loeffen 2
Cabestany

Mark Loeffen has been quietly going about his business this season but two goals and an assist

Champions League Match 1
Aberdeen 4-1 Heerenveen
Elias 3
Archer

Struggling with Injury's. Butler, Kardum, Bamba all out while Soldan is on the bench but not fit enough to start but the guys that were there pull out a performance of champions. Only 1-0 at halftime i told the boys they had done well but could do better. 3 more goals led by Elias with a hattrick to make another shout to be our MVP

View attachment 317547

Aberdeen 2-1 Hearts
Sneddon
Elias

Just a bit of a kick in the *** we needed. We were well in control of the game and Hearts only had 1 chance on goal but were not taking our chances and still letting in goals so improvements to be made!

League Cup 3rd round
Aberdeen 4-1 Cowdenbeath
Strachan 2
Lane
Fotherinham

Probably the kids last game in the Cup after we drew Dundee Utd in the Q/F. Roy Strachan making his 1st start was most impressive. An even more impressive stat was this was our 17th consecutive victory. A new club record

Kilmarnock 0-4 Aberdeen
Hansson
Elias
Pierce
O'G

A Brilliant result to warm up for Fenerbahce Helge Mjomen made his 75th appearance for Aberdeen.

Champions League Match 2
Fenerbahce 3-4 Aberdeen
Loeffen 2
Sneddon 2

This was an incredibly frustrating game. We were 2-0 up at half time and after 10 second half minutes Fenerbahce had pulled it back to 2-2. Two Sneddon goals made it 4-2 before our leaky defense striker again to make the full time result much closer than the game was

View attachment 317548

League
View attachment 317549

We've got a perfect 6/6 record but interestingly Celtic seem to be offering a title challenge with 19 points from 21 so far. At the other end new boys Livingstone and Ross County are at the foot but Rangers are 8th HAHAHA

Player of the month
Elias
View attachment 317550

Can't argue it now. Elias is our most important player since Soldan's dip following his injury

Doing really well. Could you win all six trophies this year?

Jeez that would be something huh! 1/6 so far then! Think it might be too far. Would be more than happy with 5 with the World club cup and the 3 Scottish cups

Back