STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K

August transfers

World Transfers
Man city spend the most and on a real player
View attachment 326806

Scottish Transfers
Rangers and Celtic pick up a few new players as they rebuild
View attachment 326808

Meanwhile at Pittodrie

A busy 31st of August seen two in and two out at Pittodrie.

In

Viktor Ahlberg - ML - £2.5m
View attachment 326809

The Swedish midfielder joins from IFK Goteborg for a very modest fee. I'll be looking to use him as back up to my current wingers so don't expect to see him play too much

Mario Cacic - AT - Loan
View attachment 326810

Recognize this guy? Well incase you don't Mario was leading the Celtic team as a teenager before making a £12m move to Old Trafford. a lack of football is obvious as he was placed on the loan list and while we had 90 minutes of the transfer window to add a back up forward and Cacic is a perfect player for us.

Out

Jens Kardum - 167 games - 83 goals
7 years at Pittodrie come to a end for our Swedish Striker. Jens progressed well for the 350k signing we collected from Helsingborg in 2016. Rejected several offers from Porto over the past year but felt sorry for the man who looks destined to fall behind Hugo to be our 3rd choice forward so with a heavy heart i let him go to Porto for £11.25m to further his playing career and hopefully get more than the 15 games he got last season.

Xavier - Inter - £7.5m
The Spanish winger was relesed by Barcelona for some reason and we picked him up on a free. Despite getting 12 starts in his debut season he felt we were not giving him enough football so when Inter showed a interest he was almost certain to leave as long as we could get a replacement in, which we did.

Aberdeen to build new stadium
View attachment 326852

Could have done a lap of the house in celebration when this was FINALLY approved by Lee Burns. and could have done a lap of Aberdeen when its was announce the construction of "Donald Stadium"

We've taken a loan of £14m to see us over paying the minor fee of £80k a week for 15 years and got a 10 year sponsorship deal worth £2.6m a season for the next 10 years. The Stadium will be ready for the start of the 2024/25 season

"This is the massive step i believe Aberdeen have needed to make for at least the past 2 seasons. The size of the stadium have not been revealed to me yet but i can wait to see what the board can come up with. Pittodrie was dated and falling apart when i arrived so to see a glimpse of the future for Aberdeen FC"

Aberdeen to build new stadium
View attachment 326852

Could have done a lap of the house in celebration when this was FINALLY approved by Lee Burns. and could have done a lap of Aberdeen when its was announce the construction of "Donald Stadium"

We've taken a loan of £14m to see us over paying the minor fee of £80k a week for 15 years and got a 10 year sponsorship deal worth £2.6m a season for the next 10 years. The Stadium will be ready for the start of the 2024/25 season

"This is the massive step i believe Aberdeen have needed to make for at least the past 2 seasons. The size of the stadium have not been revealed to me yet but i can wait to see what the board can come up with. Pittodrie was dated and falling apart when i arrived so to see a glimpse of the future for Aberdeen FC"

Great news, I desperately want a new stadium on my Aberystwyth save but even after winning the Europa League and Champions League my average league attendance is only around 2,000 so they won't build me one :( Anyway will be very interesting to see how big it is, how big of a stadium do you think you could fill? Keep up the good work!

Great news, I desperately want a new stadium on my Aberystwyth save but even after winning the Europa League and Champions League my average league attendance is only around 2,000 so they won't build me one :( Anyway will be very interesting to see how big it is, how big of a stadium do you think you could fill? Keep up the good work!

I've absolutly no idea how many i could get in. Easily breaking 30,000 so i'd like at least 40,0000 so we would have a full house for the big games but still sell out big SPL games.

It was a long way to get this stadium. I've been asking for it and seating expansions since 2013 so its taken 9 years, 2 Champions Leagues, 5 league titles and a endless amount of requests to get it and even after that its still 2 years away.

Well at least it now matches the in-game match stadium. Don't get why Easter Road and Pittodrie (Could name a few more but meh) look like the modern British stadiums in game when neither are closed off.

Scotland

Squad
Stuart Lindsay strained his knee ligaments in the 1st game of the season and is a doubt for our October games never mind this one.

Friendly
Latvia 0-1 Scotland
Robinson

A Win where Cairney getting injured ruined any glee we could have taken today

View attachment 326945

Euro 2024 Qualifier Match 1
Scotland 5-0 Luxembourg
Macari
Fyvie 2
Cairney
Sibbald

Not a sound thrashing that I'd expect but still happy to get a youthful Scottish team off to a winning start. Jack Grimmer wins his 60th cap, Stephen Hendry 50th cap and Tom Cairney getting a goal on his 60th cap

Two favorites start off as expected.
View attachment 326946

Yes! Great news!

You'll understand my pain. Been waiting SOOOOO long for this which is especially frustrating when in real life they cant wait to chuck up a new stadia but less whining the've seen the errors of there ways and giving me what i want!

September

Great start in the Champions League with 2 big wins
Pointless stat but our winning and unbeaten runs go on

Fixtures

Dundee Utd 0-2 Aberdeen
Loeffen 2

One of the harder new Firm derby's which was equal till the 82nd minute when Loeffen came off the bench to score twice at the finish and just keep our run going. Chris Pierce plays his 300th Aberdeen game

Champions League match 1
Aberdeen 4-0 Benfica
Soldan
Cabestany
Elias 2

The player you seen most on the commentary was Santa Cruz the keeper for Benfica sums up our dominance as we kick off our title defense

View attachment 327339

Aberdeen 3-1 Celtic
Soldan
Cabestany
Sneddon

Aberdeens famous 3 goals in the 1st half then a quiet 2nd half came through again to comfortably beat Celtic. Monnard makes his 250th Aberdeen appearance

League Cup 3rd round
Stirling 0-3 Aberdeen
Essomba
Hugo
Ahlberg

Decided to add a few more 1st team players after the 2nd round match and the comfortable win shows it was the right thing to do. Our Quarter Final aims are to stop Celtic getting a hattrick of League Cups

Aberdeen 7-0 Hearts
Cabestany
Pierce 2
Elias 3
Loeffen

Dang. Is this really the best the SPL have to offer? Michal Soldan plays his 275th game for Aberdeen

Champions League match 2
FC Kobenhavn 1-5 Aberdeen
Loeffen 2
Pierce
Sneddon 2

The expected demolition job arrived and we consolidate our place in top place with the Madrid double header next

Benfica won the scuffle in Portugal.

View attachment 327340

League
View attachment 327336

The famous winning & undefeated run goes on. Very close battle for 2nd with Celtic slightly adrift in 6th.

Player of the month
Michal Soldan
View attachment 327337

Our star player overall was our star player of September overcoming tiredness from a busy international break and plenty of games in September for his club too.

Scotland

Squad
Stuart Lindsay, Stevie Cairney, Fraser Hamilton and Robbie Thompson all return to the team after injury's took them out of the squad last time.

Euro 2024 Qualifier Match 2
Armenia 2-2 Scotland
Sneddon
Cairney

What an awful result. A game of two half's where Armenia recover from being 2 goals down at half time. Scotland didn't play bad and dropping points here is a tad harsh. Stewart Lindsay won his 40th cap on his return to the squad and to round off a awful day Craig Crawford got a groin strain and is out of the Belgium match as is Denny Johnstone who got injured on match day

Euro 2024 Qualifier Match 3
Scotland 3-1 Belgium
Robinson
Macari
Sneddon

We had reached our lowest ebb. 6 minutes in we had lost our striker Steve Cairney Belgium had the lead and were in charge but how important will the strike from Scott Robinson prove for the group? In the terms of the match it was HUGE as it swang the whole tie around as we went on to take control with sub Macari putting us ahead before my boy Derek Sneddon finished the game off.

All that gives us top spot in the group going into 2023
View attachment 327402

Good work with Scotland. Looking at the cost of the stadium and FM finances, your stadium should be a 50,000 odd seater, give or take a few thousand and I've calculated that at the highest cost per seat I've ever seen, and that was in Britain..

Last edited:
As i have my first day off on a saturday in months my challenge is to read all of your story!!!!

October

League cup failure goes on
Throwing away games again, This time at home to Madrid
Not all bad as the 100% start to the season goes on in the league.

Fixtures

Motherwell 0-3 Aberdeen
Loeffen 2
Sneddon

No goals but Cabestany made all the running with 3 assists

St Johnstone 0-5 Aberdeen
Cabestany
Bamba
Elias
Loeffen
Sneddon

Derek Sneddon plays and scores in his 400th game for Aberdeen

Champions League Match 3
Aberdeen 2-2 Athletico Madrid
Loeffen
Sneddon

We threw away another lead. Were 2-0 up and player quite well but we went to bed in the 2nd half and allowed Madrid back into it. Not really shocked as the defense is shot with injurys and were knackered going into the game so im far from devastated with the game getting away from us

Aberdeen 5-0 Livingston
Cabestany
Elias 2
Hugo
Mjomen

League Cup Q/F
Celtic 3-2 Aberdeen
David
Loeffen

Sake! The Quarter Finals and Celtic take us out again! This was as strong a team i could put out, better than that which beat Livingston and almost identical to the team that drew with Madrid

Rangers 0-3 Aberdeen
Bamba
Loeffen
Ahlberg

After the Disaster at Parkhead i was worried that either of our records could go at Ibrox but a different team showed up and thankfully the run goes on.

League
View attachment 328203

10/10 And making a perfect start to the season. Story of the season will as usual be what's happening behind us and after the 1st quarter of the season its not clear at all who will be our challengers

Player of the month
Derek Sneddon
View attachment 328204

The Former Rangers kid continues to be a star of my Aberdeen side and enjoyed a purple patch in form and goals in October

Scotland

Squad
The Scots get set to face there most glamorous tie at Hampden under myself and we'll do it without Nicky Devlin who's out till the spring. Craig Crawford and Murray Wallace return

Friendly

Scotland 2-1 Argentina
Hanley
Lindsay

From kick off it looked like the Argentines had the beating of us and as they took a early lead i thought we were in huge trouble. However a equalizer from Grant Hanley right on half time injected life into our game and after a battling 2nd hald Stuart Lindsay popped up in stoppage time to score a unbelievable winner and send Hampden mad!

View attachment 328211

Never posted on this site before but have read for a long time. Had to register just to say well done with all you have done, its taken 3 days of work to read through this but well worth my time plus I get paid to read your story.

Never posted on this site before but have read for a long time. Had to register just to say well done with all you have done, its taken 3 days of work to read through this but well worth my time plus I get paid to read your story.

Love it! Sounds like a good work day!

November

After 45 matches our Winning run ends at Dens park. The unbeaten run goes on!
Loeffen's 4 goals against Hibs seen him become Aberdeens all time record League goal scorer as he hit his 137th goal
After a thrashing from Aberdeen Hibs sack Steven Calderwell and is replaced with Eamonn Fullerton

Fixtures

Champions League Match 4
Athletico Madrid 2-0 Aberdeen

Athletico out played us. The better side in every way over the 90 minutes. That draw at Pittodrie is already looking rather costly

Dundee 2-2 Aberdeen
Loeffen 2

Write it down in the history. Our winning run ends a 45 matches. From the 21st August 2021 to October 29th 2022. Injury's and tiredness beat us as much as an improving Dundee

Ross County 0-5 Aberdeen
Loeffen 4
Bamba

When the chips are down and i needed a result to show were still in business it was predictable that Loeffen would lead the charge

Aberdeen 7-0 Hibs
Loeffen 4
Cabestany
Bamba
Archer

What a reaction to the Dundee draw with two thumping wins. Not a good time for a international break!

Kilmarnock 0-4 Aberdeen
Sneddon
Cabestany
Elias 2

Had to rest players after they returned from the break semi fit and with a trip to Portugal just round the corner this result is more than acceptable

Champions League Match 5
Benfica 0-1 Aberdeen
Sneddon

My 600th game in management was a proud one indeed as we went over to Portugal and got the win which should secure top spot in qualification for the last 16.

View attachment 328560

As Benfica and Madrid play each other they can't both pass me so were through whatever happens but we still have to win the group.

Scottish Cup 4th Round
Partick 0-3 Aberdeen
Hugo
Hamilton
Cameron

Our most youthful side of the season and they dominated as if they were the 1st team. Brilliant stuff. Airdrie await in the 5th round at the end of January

League
View attachment 328558

So a draw against Dundee has ruined our chance of a perfect season but were still on for being unbeaten. Still a decent battle for 2nd while Hibs will need there new manager to work some magic to get them away from the relegation battle.

Player of the month
Mark Loeffen
View attachment 328559

When the Dutchmen plays Ross County in the 1st game of December he will be on for a hatrick of hatricks

Back